List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we entering a situation where we might actually get something for Jake Kelly as a UFA?

I don't think it's the right call to even consider retaining him, 27 year old who looks like he's having a career year is just a recipe for disaster, especially for a rebuilding club. That said though, he is having a good year, and potentially good enough he could find another job at an AFL level. Especially as Hartigan, and Atkins did.
Yeah he’s really the type we should be moving on, considering age against impact. Put Hinge in his role from next season on, instead, or a smaller, more balanced defender

That said, I can see us retaining him on a two year deal as well

Are we entering a situation where we might actually get something for Jake Kelly as a UFA?

I don't think it's the right call to even consider retaining him, 27 year old who looks like he's having a career year is just a recipe for disaster, especially for a rebuilding club. That said though, he is having a good year, and potentially good enough he could find another job at an AFL level. Especially as Hartigan, and Atkins did.
Problem with that is Brown has been poor for 15 months. He has had many poor games and offered nothing offensively and no other options remotely ready. If he gets a second rounder though, I’d take it

Combinations of Lynch, Talia , Fogarty and Crouch could get us (with picks) Saints 3, Hawks 4 Carlolton 6

That should be our aim

Talia directing the Saints backline for 2 years would be great for them - Crouch Bros reunited

Just some thoughts after listening to CrowCast

Combinations of Lynch, Talia , Fogarty and Crouch could get us (with picks) Saints 3, Hawks 4 Carlolton 6

That should be our aim

Talia directing the Saints backline for 2 years would be great for them - Crouch Bros reunited

None of those picks would be in play for any of the players you mentioned, no matter what picks we included. Talia and Lynch have zero trade value, if we traded them it would be for a very late pick to get them to their destinations of choice.

Crouch might get us a late first at best.

Fogarty is the interesting one, high draft pick but hasn't got the runs on the board yet. Would realistically be a 2nd-3rd rounder at this stage IMO unless he has a breakout 2nd half of the year (in which case we wouldn't trade him)

Yeah let's gut the team it worked so well at North Melbourne......
Crouch hasn't played and it's working

Talia isn't playing and it's nearly working

Fogarty is a nearly there player

Lynch is such a good leader

But sure let's re-sign them all

Mid year draft.

I think Riley Knight might just get back on an AFL list in the mid season draft now that he's proving he's a dead set midfielder that never really got the opportunities he deserved here when our midfield wasn't firing. Helps to that it appears he's finally got his body right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our priority when it comes to the 2021 draft should be:
1. Midfielders
2. Midfielders
3. Midfielders
4. Tall Forwards

Mostly agree but I’d tack on small/medium defender to the end of that list. Brown isn’t offering much and we have little depth in that area. A Brock Smith type in this year’s draft would be nice.

That should be our aim

Saints is the team I would be targeting heavily. They will believe foolishly they are in some premiership window.

Talia could be an asset for them. Ideally we could have traded him to the Dogs, but unfortunately we all know the backstory to any chance of that happening.

Cant see the Saints wanting Mrouch, given they have Brouch and plenty other mids in their squad.

CarLOLton are stupid enough to believe they are in finals contention, so again Mrouch to help Cripps in their midfield and Talia down back could really help them believe their foolish dreams.

Lynch would fit in well with the Hawks.

Saints is the team I would be targeting heavily. They will believe foolishly they are in some premiership window.

Talia could be an asset for them. Ideally we could have traded him to the Dogs, but unfortunately we all know the backstory to any chance of that happening.

Cant see the Saints wanting Mrouch, given they have Brouch and plenty other mids in their squad.

CarLOLton are stupid enough to believe they are in finals contention, so again Mrouch to help Cripps in their midfield and Talia down back could really help them believe their foolish dreams.

Lynch would fit in well with the Hawks.
Or we keep Crouch and Talia as both will offer leadership / experience onfield (when they overcome their injury) and will help the youngsters over the next couple of seasons. When Talia is fit, he is still clearly our best defender and M Crouch still offers great ball winning ability

Or we keep Crouch and Talia as both will offer leadership / experience onfield (when they overcome their injury) and will help the youngsters over the next couple of seasons. When Talia is fit, he is still clearly our best defender and M Crouch still offers great ball winning ability

Talia you could genuinely justify that call seeing he'll likely get a 2-year deal, which is a perfect phase-out kind of contract. Though of course, that's with the caveat that a pair of Worrell, Butts and McAsey don't end up breaking out into very good defenders before the end of the year. If they do then Talia has been made redundant.

The problem with Matt Crouch is length of contract. He's getting a 4-5 year deal somewhere, and all likelihood, he's not accepting 2 here. Considering we have Laird on a very long contract (which is the reason why resigning Matt is a terrible idea), and Keays has morphed into a good number 2, you do not even consider keeping Matt as a rebuilding side. Remember the goal is to be able to effortlessly get our next generation into our midfield because we're writing off the short term. You do not achieve that by investing heavily into roadblocks, and we can't move Matt elsewhere as we can with Laird. He either blocks a prospect, or is dead cap space, and by that, we've hit our natural end.

We're probably the gutted list at the moment, but that shouldn't shy us away from finishing what we started. There are a few more who stand out, in the hunt for more draft picks/opportunities for kids.

Last edited:
Talia you could genuinely justify that call seeing he'll likely get a 2 year deal, which is a perfect phase out kind of contract. Though of course that's with the caveat that a pair of Worrell, Butts and McAsey not breaking out into very good defenders. If they do then Talia has been made redundant.

The problem with Matt Crouch is length of contract. He's getting a 4-5 year deal somewhere, and all likelihood, he's not accepting 2 here. Considering we have Laird on a very long contract (which is the reason why resigning Matt is a terrible idea), and Keays has morphed into a good number 2, you do not even consider keeping Matt as a rebuilding side. Remember the goal is to be able to effortlessly get our next generation into our midfield because we're writing off the short term. You do not achieve that by investing heavily into roadblocks, and we can't move Matt elsewhere like we can in Laird. He either blocks a prospect or is dead cap space, and by that, we've hit our natural end.

We're probably the gutted list at the moment, but that shouldn't shy us away from finishing what we started. There are a few more who stand out, in the hunt for more draft picks/opportunities for kids.
I would be offering Matt a 3 year deal on decent coin - $550K but if a club comes in with a 4 or 5 year deal with better money, then maybe we need to doff the hat and thank him for his career with us and hope to get some sort of reasonable compo pick (although I can't see a side offering him enough to get close to band 1)

Talia you could genuinely justify that call seeing he'll likely get a 2 year deal, which is a perfect phase out kind of contract. Though of course that's with the caveat that a pair of Worrell, Butts and McAsey not breaking out into very good defenders. If they do then Talia has been made redundant.

The problem with Matt Crouch is length of contract. He's getting a 4-5 year deal somewhere, and all likelihood, he's not accepting 2 here. Considering we have Laird on a very long contract (which is the reason why resigning Matt is a terrible idea), and Keays has morphed into a good number 2, you do not even consider keeping Matt as a rebuilding side. Remember the goal is to be able to effortlessly get our next generation into our midfield because we're writing off the short term. You do not achieve that by investing heavily into roadblocks, and we can't move Matt elsewhere like we can in Laird. He either blocks a prospect or is dead cap space, and by that, we've hit our natural end.

Matt Crouch to Blues to help out Cripps is the move that could happen.

Carlton still think they are competing, yet they are in reality about to begin another rebuild.

I would be offering Matt a 3 year deal on decent coin - $550K but if a club comes in with a 4 or 5 year deal with better money, then maybe we need to doff the hat and thank him for his career with us and hope to get some sort of reasonable compo pick (although I can't see a side offering him enough to get close to band 1)

I mean, yeah. If you can keep Matt cheaply on a shorter deal, you do it every day of the week.

I highly doubt Matt is a band one player, though any inference of Treloar being the missing piece for the dogs does help us. Still it's more to avoid the question of "do we play Matt and block a kid, or play the kid and either deal with Matt being a poor player elsewhere or a lot of money in our SANFL". Or we don't even let our kids have the chance to overtake Matt due to a lack of opportunities.

Matt Crouch to Blues to help out Cripps is the move that could happen.

Carlton still think they are competing, yet they are in reality about to begin another rebuild.

Yeah. Carlton is where I'm thinking. They're a desperate club.

Yeah. Carlton is where I'm thinking. They're a desperate club.
Carlton is the perfect desperate Club for the Crows for us to off load players like Mrouch or Talia and get paid overs for them as they "push for finals in 2022".

:drunk:

Like Port they are forever chasing missing pieces of the puzzle.

Looks like Oliver Davis will be here in the next week.

THE loss of the state’s best young star in pursuit of his AFL dream will be offset by the return of an off-season recruit who will make his Clarence debut this Saturday.
As revealed by the Mercury two weeks ago, Oliver Davis will head to South Australia in the coming days, where he has been invited to train with the Adelaide Crows and will play in the SANFL.

Last year’s Matthew Richardson medallist and Roos best and fairest is understood to be on the Crows radar as a potential mid-season draft candidate.

Oliver Davis after being named the 2020 Richardson Medallist. Picture: NIKKI DAVIS-JONES
Oliver Davis after being named the 2020 Richardson Medallist. Picture: NIKKI DAVIS-JONES
While disappointed at not having the teenage gun at his disposal for the rest of the season — when available from Devils duties — Clarence coach Jeromey Webberley said Davis leaves with his full blessing.

“We would obviously love him to continue playing in the Devils program and play some footy with us,” Webberley said.
similars

“But the reality is he has made a decision on what he thinks is best for his footy and ultimately he is trying to chase his AFL dream.

“We are disappointed he is leaving but extremely excited for what lies ahead for him and hopefully he goes over there, plays some good footy and gets picked up in the mid season draft or if he continues over there throughout the entirety of the year, he gets selected at the end of the year.

Devils Oliver Davis in action against Eastern Rangers earlier this year. Picture: Anthony Corke
Devils Oliver Davis in action against Eastern Rangers earlier this year. Picture: Anthony Corke
“It shows a fair bit of courage for him to make that decision and jump to another state.

“I could tell from the outset he was so excited in the opportunity that I think his heart was in it to be honest, I wish him all the best.”

Carlton will likely have a pick around 8 or 9.
We will likely end up having around 5 or 6. Our first is probably going to be high enough for Roberts.
Carlton first won't be in the range I suspect to get the type of midfielder we want to add to Laird, Hately, Berry, Pedlar, Schoenberg, Roberts.

Talia doesn't get us a high pick I wouldn't have thought.
McAsey I think his form in the second half of the season will dictate a late first given KPD take longer and was a pick 6.

If it's the Saints that are into him I would be looking at their first for McAsey and our second. Saints will win a few late games and be close to the eight is my tip so pick 8ish may end up being about right.
If it's the Dogs pick would be 17ish which on it will probably be unders but not much choice.
Either way there is currency in him to combine with our first to get higher into the Horne/Chesser range.

Back