News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Eddie and Josh have their apologies.

What is it that Eddie & Josh want from us now? (And the media)

Just curious because if an apology was not enough we may be able to help/support them if we knew what they wanted.

In short: what is their end game?

Agree, what is the end game?

Perhaps they are after Roo’s head.

What makes people think Eddie wants more out of this than the apology? All I have seen is him distancing himself from all of that. He has withdrawn and stepped back from the media. I don't see the blowing it out of proportion coming from the likes of Eddie, or Jenkins for that matter. Have I missed something from these two that is throwing fuel on the fire?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t agree. I think they failed to quell the disgruntled who didn’t want to be mollified.

The problem with the idea that certain players weren’t listened to, is that they almost certainly were heard, they just had demands the club wasn’t prepared to meet.

I think these were small complaints, made by big personalities, underestimated by the key senior leaders.
Whether the players were justified or not is beside the point. The failure to 'quell the disgruntled' is exactly right, as is 'underestimated by key senior leaders'. There was disgruntlement that led to anger that led to serious fractures among the playing group which proved catastrophic. That's just a giant personnel management * up, which the club (Burton, Pyke, Fagan and the board) allowed to get totally out of hand. However you want to characterise the players with gripes in that situation (entitled prima donnas, cliquey insiders with an axe to grind, or just outraged employees), the club were utterly incompetent at reining it in.

On top of that there was a public relations element, both in managing the media who smelt a story (and had leakers feeding them tidbits) and the membership/ supporters who wanted the club to address the issue with something that didn't sound like complete bullshit. At no point did the club show any savvy in how to manage the situation internally or externally. Again, coming back to Blight's comments, the board presided over this executive omnishambles and, in the case of Ricciuto and his public statements, made it worse. Surely, there was an obvious need for the board to call people to account as this disaster unfolded? Maybe Roo isn't at the heart of that disfunction but it sure looks like it.

What makes people think Eddie wants more out of this than the apology? All I have seen is him distancing himself from all of that. He has withdrawn and stepped back from the media. I don't see the blowing it out of proportion coming from the likes of Eddie, or Jenkins for that matter. Have I missed something from these two that is throwing fuel on the fire?

What is it that has caused us to be talking about again after all this time?

Eddie and Josh have their apologies.

What is it that Eddie & Josh want from us now? (And the media)

Just curious because if an apology was not enough we may be able to help/support them if we knew what they wanted.

In short: what is their end game?
Pretty sure it seems like all he wanted was for the responsible parties to acknowledge the hurt and apologise, so everyone can move on. It's the media that continually push the story. The question is, has all responsible parties acknowledged and apologised sincerely? - this is what Eddie wants.

Not sure about Josh's agenda. He's already come out and said what happened to him was unforgivable, which I can understand, but there's not really much more that they can do, other than to let it be settled in court.

Last edited:

Fair call for Eddie.

Josh is now asking for the Safework investigation documents is what I heard on the radio today.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He said it directly, or media speculation.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
In today's 'Tiser:

Quote: Former Adelaide player Josh Jenkins has lodged a freedom of information application with SafeWork SA, seeking a copy of the organisation’s secret report into the Crows’ notorious 2018 pre-season camp on the Gold Coast.

In a letter to SafeWork SA, Jenkin’s lawyer Greg Griffin writes the former Crow “be provided with documents in relation to the camp’’.

I think another important angle is to ask “how much did Collective Minds divulge in the details of the camp activities to the AFC?”

It could be as simple as “we plan to get up close and personal with the players and get into their deepest fears”.

Or more definitively sinister “we plan to sink our teeth into all their childhood traumas and then use it against them and share it to the other players, and possibly, this may spread to the media at a later stage”.
If Collective Mind only divulged vague points, really someone should be asking questions. Like 'okay, so in what way will you get into their deepest fears? What do the activities involve exactly?'

Unless I'm mistaken, to get a negligence claim up you need to prove, on the balance of probabilities (not beyond reasonable doubt) that:

• The defendant owed you a duty of care
  • The defendant breached the duty of care
  • You were harmed as a result
  • The harm was reasonably foreseeable.

If a class action starts then it will almost certainly settle out of court (they almost all do), but in the unlikely event of a trial it looks 50/50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In today's 'Tiser:

Quote: Former Adelaide player Josh Jenkins has lodged a freedom of information application with SafeWork SA, seeking a copy of the organisation’s secret report into the Crows’ notorious 2018 pre-season camp on the Gold Coast.

In a letter to SafeWork SA, Jenkin’s lawyer Greg Griffin writes the former Crow “be provided with documents in relation to the camp’’.
Good.

Us supporters should welcome such action.

It won't financially cripple the club, but will get it out in the open. Even if a sealed case there will be some closure.

How has any legal action against Essendon gone?

Just hope AFL sanctions like draft picks are not involved.

Good.

Us supporters should welcome such action.

It won't financially cripple the club, but will get it out in the open. Even if a sealed case there will be some closure.

How has any legal action against Essendon gone?

Just hope AFL sanctions like draft picks are not involved.

It's a case of they said:
Quote: SafeWork SA said earlier this week it was unable to publish the report because it was “restricted by confidentiality provisions in the WHS Act from disclosing any information obtained in the course of exercising its statutory powers and prevents specific detail from the inquiry being released’’.

versus he said:
Quote:
However, Mr Griffin said his reading of the legislation indicated SafeWork SA could release the report.
“The idea that SafeWork SA are entitled not to give us the report to us is simply wrong,’’ he said.

Agree, what is the end game?

Perhaps they are after Roo’s
Whether the players were justified or not is beside the point. The failure to 'quell the disgruntled' is exactly right, as is 'underestimated by key senior leaders'. There was disgruntlement that led to anger that led to serious fractures among the playing group which proved catastrophic. That's just a giant personnel management * up, which the club (Burton, Pyke, Fagan and the board) allowed to get totally out of hand. However you want to characterise the players with gripes in that situation (entitled prima donnas, cliquey insiders with an axe to grind, or just outraged employees), the club were utterly incompetent at reining it in.

On top of that there was a public relations element, both in managing the media who smelt a story (and had leakers feeding them tidbits) and the membership/ supporters who wanted the club to address the issue with something that didn't sound like complete bullshit. At no point did the club show any savvy in how to manage the situation internally or externally. Again, coming back to Blight's comments, the board presided over this executive omnishambles and, in the case of Ricciuto and his public statements, made it worse. Surely, there was an obvious need for the board to call people to account as this disaster unfolded? Maybe Roo isn't at the heart of that disfunction but it sure looks like it.
This is spot on. Maybe Eddie just wants a bit of accountability and truth that did not come at the time, and fair enough. Unlike Roo (who it seems we’re blessed with forever) he obviously felt he had to leave the club, which should be seen as an indictment on all responsible for that dysfunction at the time. If all he wants is the truth to come out on why he felt he had to leave us, he’s entitled to it on his retirement (and so are we to know that as supporters).

In today's 'Tiser:

Never change JJ

Never change JJ
No different to any workplace. If the club are found to have caused real harm to these individuals, and loss, then they deserve compensation.

Just like the Essendon players and all the compensation they received for a year out of Footy, and record with WADA due to the mistreatment they received.

No different to any workplace. If the club are found to have caused real harm to these individuals, and loss, then they deserve compensation.

Just like the Essendon players and all the compensation they received for a year out of Footy, and record with WADA due to the mistreatment they received.

Fascinating as always to hear your expert analysis

It's a case of they said:
Quote: SafeWork SA said earlier this week it was unable to publish the report because it was “restricted by confidentiality provisions in the WHS Act from disclosing any information obtained in the course of exercising its statutory powers and prevents specific detail from the inquiry being released’’.

versus he said:
Quote:
However, Mr Griffin said his reading of the legislation indicated SafeWork SA could release the report.
“The idea that SafeWork SA are entitled not to give us the report to us is simply wrong,’’ he said.
Ambulance chaser has different opinion.

More news at 11.

If the Class Action gets up, or (more likely) settlements before court action and proves CM acted unlawfully, surely we can sue them for any damages incurred?

At the very least it ruins their reputation, even moreso.

a settlement proves nothing. Thats why its a settlement.

Fascinating as always to hear your expert analysis
Sorry, I was agreeing with you.

What real harm was done here?

Broke team harmony and trust. A terrible thing to do.

But actual harm to these guys, in a clinical sense. Probably not. And certainly no financial loss.

Compared to the real damage Essendon players copped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back