News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

Part of the issue I think is partly the media want blood, they want the club to name and string up someone for then to feast on.

The problem is we already went and did it 2 years ago and most (Burton, Campo, Fagan) aren't even in the AFL industry anymore and Pyke is keeping quiet in Sydney. When asked "what are you going to do to make sure it doesn't happen again?" saying "we got new people in who have made it a point to put people first" is a legitimate answer, but not one the media want to hear because it doesn't give them someone to tee off on. It's boring to sit there and talk s**t about Burton or Campo or Fagan cause they're not even in the league anymore, so no one cares.

If they were truly interested in answers that's who you'd need to go to for answers, not asking John Olsen what happened at the club on the 2nd of February in 2018 at 10:35am when you weren't even involved with the club at the time.

Sometimes you miss the obvious in front of your nose. External reviews are essential (I believe) in any business.
Surely we had an inkling

Instead we had recently extended contracts for some of the people we were then forced to sack

Exactly. And I’m not totally sure there wasn’t at least some merit in it too
I remember my hubby interviewed Pyke at the breakfast up here that year (round 9 and an 80 point thumping) and discussing with him the fact that we as a team seemed to lack mental toughness at times and was Don looking at ways to fix this (I always blame my hubby for the camp! :D). I think this was not long after the disastrous North Melbourne 10 goals to nothing first quarter, followed by the Melbourne loss at Adelaide Oval. I wonder if CM had been brought on board at that stage (after the north melbourne loss)?

And hubby also put to Don, what if we are in the Grand Final and we find ourselves down at half time, would he pull a "Blight" type move and swap the full back and full forward or make some other left field type adjustment? I remember Pyke laughing and saying he'd be pretty happy that we made the grand final... but I can't remember if he added anything else.

Surely we had an inkling

Instead we had recently extended contracts for some of the people we were then forced to sack
Was it Chapman who said we didn't need an external review about five weeks before we announced one?

Was it Chapman who said we didn't need an external review about five weeks before we announced one?
And that it confirmed a lot of what we knew

Yep, sure Chappy

Part of the issue I think is partly the media want blood, they want the club to name and string up someone for then to feast on.

The problem is we already went and did it 2 years ago and most (Burton, Campo, Fagan) aren't even in the AFL industry anymore and Pyke is keeping quiet in Sydney. When asked "what are you going to do to make sure it doesn't happen again?" saying "we got new people in who have made it a point to put people first" is a legitimate answer, but not one the media want to hear because it doesn't give them someone to tee off on. It's boring to sit there and talk s**t about Burton or Campo or Fagan cause they're not even in the league anymore, so no one cares.

If they were truly interested in answers that's who you'd need to go to for answers, not asking John Olsen what happened at the club on the 2nd of February in 2018 at 10:35am when you weren't even involved with the club at the time.
Everything is Adelaide Crows this and Adelaide Crows that. The Crows are the worst. The Crows camp was torture. They're almost refusing to actually name the parties responsible because then people can put 2 and 2 together and go "Well they left 3 years ago."

Everything is Adelaide Crows this and Adelaide Crows that. The Crows are the worst. The Crows camp was torture. They're almost refusing to actually name the parties responsible because then people can put 2 and 2 together and go "Well they left 3 years ago."
Yep. They're painting a lot of it as the Crows not truly caring or still trying to avoid the situation that it happened, when a lot of it is now "We acknowledged it happened, we're sorry it did and we'll work with those players, but there's literally nothing else we can do because we already turfed the people out who brain farted the idea and organised and ran it"

The Vic footy media just want the club to be punished. It's not about accountability because the people responsible have already been removed. They just hate us and want us to suffer. That's all there is to it. Just look how they're cracking the shits about the Rankine trade. There is nothing scandalous about that story but anything that would help this club is something they feel the need to attack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Eddie's case, demands that included his family be flown to every away match.
Can be argued that Eddie leveraged the situation to get what he wanted.

But then can also wonder why did he want his family with him.

Could be that after all trust broken with Pyke and other senior people at the club he needed family support for his Mental Health after the camp. Even for away games.

Away games could have been tough if he felt isolated.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Could be that after all trust broken with Pyke and other senior people at the club he needed family support for his Mental Health after the camp. Even for away games.

Wouldn't be a case of who was wearing the trousers in his family?

That we know about

I notice I've moved on Jenkins has now lodged a FOI to get the worksafe report.

Be interesting if he gets it.

He's such an interesting part of this - that someone brought up the fact you were raised in a foster family as something you need to overcome is a shitty thing to do, but it seems all out of scale to still be THIS angry about it almost five years later.

I think he's more angry that people felt his concern was something to be dimissed. That he was somehow soft to be so upset about it.

He can't possibly still be THAT angry at the Collective Minds guy. It must be more that the club didn't more seriously consider his concerns.

I remember my hubby interviewed Pyke at the breakfast up here that year (round 9 and an 80 point thumping) and discussing with him the fact that we as a team seemed to lack mental toughness at times and was Don looking at ways to fix this (I always blame my hubby for the camp! :D). I think this was not long after the disastrous North Melbourne 10 goals to nothing first quarter, followed by the Melbourne loss at Adelaide Oval. I wonder if CM had been brought on board at that stage (after the north melbourne loss)?

And hubby also put to Don, what if we are in the Grand Final and we find ourselves down at half time, would he pull a "Blight" type move and swap the full back and full forward or make some other left field type adjustment? I remember Pyke laughing and saying he'd be pretty happy that we made the grand final... but I can't remember if he added anything else.
That was also the breakfast where Pyke told the Tim English story.

People can like having their family around without it being evidence of mental health issues.

I like bringing my dog to work but it's not that I need a support animal - I just like not coming home to a dog that's been bored for eight hours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back