Adelaide should let Dangerfield go.

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't want a premiership, I want ******* dynasties. Have Sloaney, Walker, Betts, *in take all of 'em

I get that, and should he choose to leave, i have no doubt that the club will do its best to do what's best for the AFC. But we can still match if we choose to. It's not like Danger "hates" the AFC and the players there..... so he still might stay......gotta have hope :)

I don't think he will stay, but you're right there is a chance.

But as you only need to get better than ~pick 13 from a trade, I think you will definitely match if you can afford to (which I think you will be able to).

CJhfqLvUkAAx963.jpg

Adelaide pensioned off the bald jarman and a couple of other club favourites

Nex minnit.....
I think you'll find Blight got rid of Chris McDermott because he was one of the most useless club captains in history.

Disagree. Club is building, just you watch. Hopefully Danger is a part of that, won't go anywhere with the Cats and that would be a shame for his career.
Each to their own. Hawthorn, Freo, West Coast and Sydney will still be up and about for the next couple of years at least. Danger leaves we're in a worse off position for the next couple of years IMO.

I don't know how anyone who follows the AFL can still make such certain claims about things 5 years in the future.

Surely we've all learnt how quickly things can change by now.
I follow Adelaide. It's very hard to be positive about our premiership hopes most of the time lol.

Yes - good idea to compare Adelaide to two of the best sides of all time :$

At least this is a troll thread

I reckon he's going. And I reckon Adelaide will be a contender next year.

We'll see in thirteen months time I suppose.
Dunno how you think that other than the eagles win where they most likely tanked, the crows have beaten one team in the 8 this year... They will have a harder draw next year, without danger will struggle to make the 8

Think about it. There have been two previous will he/won't he soap operas featuring players of Dangerfield's status:

Geelong 2010 with Gary Ablett. He went.
Geelong 2011 - PREMIERS

Hawthorn 2013 with Lance Franklin. He went.
Hawthorn 2014 - PREMIERS

Adelaide 2015 with Patrick Dangerfield.
???

Geelong 2016 - PREMIERS?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I was Patrick Dangerfield I wouldn't leave Adelaide to go to Geelong. Adelaide has far more a chance of contending than Geelong does. Geelong may well and truly be contenders for finals again soon, but there is no guarantee. Henderson will likely come in, he will be a serviceable inclusion, Mitch Clark is seriously flawed with regards to his body, no guarantee that he can be a 50+ goal a year forward, Stanley has played a hand full of good games but been injured, and before you know it, it will be goodbye to most of their premiership stars. Mackie will hang about to steady the backline, Bartel and Enright have 1 more left at best, Lonergan won't have long either, and next year Selwood, Hawkins, and Taylor are all 10 year players carrying a huge load.

Adelaide has far more upside with their list. Walker, Sloane, Lynch, Jenkins, Betts, Smith, Talia, Jacobs, Martin, Lever.... There is HUGE upside on that list, plus this years trade period. It won't surprise me if Adelaide are a top 4 side next year and serious contenders as a top 2 side from 2017.

Dunno how you think that other than the eagles win where they most likely tanked, the crows have beaten one team in the 8 this year... They will have a harder draw next year, without danger will struggle to make the 8

We've beaten 3. Please pay better attention.

And i thought this was gonna involve some intelligible discussion about the salary cap and compensation picks, and that Adelaide could possible get better value for money by letting him walk... Or even a thinly veiled attempt by a Hawthorn fan hoping they somehow nab him this year.

But this?

Each to their own. Hawthorn, Freo, West Coast and Sydney will still be up and about for the next couple of years at least. Danger leaves we're in a worse off position for the next couple of years IMO.

Freo made the mistake of signing up their star player - off the cliff with them.

This thread... wow... I mean... wow

wow... I mean... what even... ? wow

Um.

We're not going to win a grand final before 2020, let alone next year.

Tiger time!!!

This thread isn't serious, why is it allowed on the main board?

Why isn't the thread serious? I bet the thread will disappear with this bump though. :rolleyes:

I've got money on Dangerwood for the Norm Smith, he's the kind of player that makes a team. Easy money. Who do you guys think will play on Dangerwood in the Grand Final? Who is better Adelaides Dangerwood or Geelongs Dangerwood? If Adelaide and Geelong both had a Dangerwood who would win in the Grand Final? Would either team have even qualified for it?

If I was Patrick Dangerfield I wouldn't leave Adelaide to go to Geelong. Adelaide has far more a chance of contending than Geelong does. Geelong may well and truly be contenders for finals again soon, but there is no guarantee. Henderson will likely come in, he will be a serviceable inclusion, Mitch Clark is seriously flawed with regards to his body, no guarantee that he can be a 50+ goal a year forward, Stanley has played a hand full of good games but been injured, and before you know it, it will be goodbye to most of their premiership stars. Mackie will hang about to steady the backline, Bartel and Enright have 1 more left at best, Lonergan won't have long either, and next year Selwood, Hawkins, and Taylor are all 10 year players carrying a huge load.

Adelaide has far more upside with their list. Walker, Sloane, Lynch, Jenkins, Betts, Smith, Talia, Jacobs, Martin, Lever.... There is HUGE upside on that list, plus this years trade period. It won't surprise me if Adelaide are a top 4 side next year and serious contenders as a top 2 side from 2017.
Yeah I am pretty happy with this

Remove this Banner Ad

Back