Administration - The AFL v NRL *Moderator Approved* - Rules in OP

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you ever been to either GWS ground or the GC grounds on match days?
If you have you would know what i am referring to.
I have been to both. An average crowd of 13k for Suns homes games and 8k for GWS home games in 2013 seems right to me from what I saw. What are you getting at?

No i have not been to either, i believe both the RAS and the AFL, and believe other posters on the GWS board and at other sites when they state that they were at the game and think the crowd posted was about right.

I dont believe RL fans who have a obvious bias, a chip on their shoulder, and just like to whiteant the AFL and GWS in particular.

I've been once to Metricon and three times to Spotless. There was one game at Spotless in particular (against the Eagles) where friends and I guessed the crowd figure correctly (it was 6k odd), but then watching the replay on TV it looked like half that. The vast majority sit on the broadcast side.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...-join-touch-football-team-20140312-hvhwg.html

NRL chiefs Dave Smith, Todd Greenberg join Touch Football team

Smith joined former Eels skipper Nathan Hindmarsh in Coffs Harbour on Wednesday for the launch of the TFA National Touch League Championships, unveiling the new NRL Touch Football branding.

The NRL announced the partnership that represented the biggest boost to participation and game development in the code's history last August, increasing the game's participation levels beyond a million.

"Today was quite a significant day because we launched a combined NRL Touch Football branding," Smith said.

"With that comes the other opportunities around commercial and sponsors and we're able to grow the game. We have 550,000 new players, so that takes us over 1.1 millions players of rugby league. Boys and girls, mums and dads, men and women - it's a very significant player population and a very diverse range, and it reflects on the communities in which the game is played.

"Fundamentally, our game is growing in those areas anyway. We've positioned the new NRL touch football brand today, but the game is growing in significant areas."

Those increases include a 21.8 per cent boost in women's participation over the past year, while there has also been a 14 per cent boost in masters participation. The number of mini footballers has also increased by almost 6 per cent from the previous annual report.

"Add on to that nearly 900,000 of our backyard league and our community work, you've got a lot of people are being touched by the game in one way, shape or form," Smith said. "It's all about growth, it's all about market share."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...otball-team-20140312-hvhwg.html#ixzz2vv2Z53cT

There was someone commenting on the roar today who said the crowd laughed when one of the attendances at the league game was announced because it was so obviously inflated
They've a long history when it comes to crowd inflating. The Melbourne Storm CEO openly admitted they did it as did plenty of other teams a few years back.

You don't think the AFL authorities fluff up GWS and GC crowds?

end of the day only soccer and NRL have been caught artificially boosting crowd figures, to say the AFL fudge the count is like my dad suggesting game 2 of origin is rigged most years. Nothing more then a conspiracy theory with no evidence to support it.

It took them long enough. Benefits for both sides of the Touch/NRL coin. I wonder if it will be reflected in the NRLs bottom line this year though.

A natural coming together and I would guess there's only one bottom line they care about.

Suns to outdraw the Titans as if we didn't know that already. :rolleyes:

Mediaweek ‏@MediaweekAUS 4h
Fri TV #NRL live Nine 652k (Syd 372k Bri 280k) GEM 40k (Mel 22k Ade 1k Per 17k)
Fri TV #NRL late Nine 339k (Syd 216k Bri 124k) GEM 49k (Mel 23k Ade 1k Per 26k)
Sky NZ NRL: 43,650

Fri TV #AFL #AFLPiesFreo Seven 500k (Mel 377k Ade 123k) 7mate 163k (Syd 13k Bri 29k Per 120k)
Fri STV #AFL #AFLPiesFreo #FoxFooty 260k

in 2013

Fri Parra v Canterbury Nine/Gem 688 (418,51, 209, 3, 7)
Fri St george v Brisbane Nine/Gem 672 (420, 35, 272, 3, 5)
Fri Adelaide v Essendon Fox 247, Seven/mate 721 (34, 389, 40, 177, 92)

Other friday night Sport

Fri TV #ALeague SBS2 #SYDvBRI 73k
Fri STV #ALeague #FoxSports #SYDvBRI 64k
Fri STV #SuperRugby #FoxSports #REBvCRU 68k #CHIvSTO 50k
Fri TV #NBL ONE 49k

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mediaweek ‏@MediaweekAUS 4h
Fri TV #NRL live Nine 652k (Syd 372k Bri 280k) GEM 40k (Mel 22k Ade 1k Per 17k)
Fri TV #NRL late Nine 339k (Syd 216k Bri 124k) GEM 49k (Mel 23k Ade 1k Per 26k)
Sky NZ NRL: 43,650

Fri TV #AFL #AFLPiesFreo Seven 500k (Mel 377k Ade 123k) 7mate 163k (Syd 13k Bri 29k Per 120k)
Fri STV #AFL #AFLPiesFreo #FoxFooty 260k

in 2013

Fri Parra v Canterbury Nine/Gem 688 (418,51, 209, 3, 7)
Fri St george v Brisbane Nine/Gem 672 (420, 35, 272, 3, 5)
Fri Adelaide v Essendon Fox 247, Seven/mate 721 (34, 389, 40, 177, 92)

Other friday night Sport

Fri TV #ALeague SBS2 #SYDvBRI 73k
Fri STV #ALeague #FoxSports #SYDvBRI 64k
Fri STV #SuperRugby #FoxSports #REBvCRU 68k #CHIvSTO 50k
Fri TV #NBL ONE 49k
Does that mean nine/ nrl claim victory, or does the afl get bragging rights because they only had one game? Also, how many of the nrl viewers would be double counted ie one person watching two games?

Would SBS be happy with the ratings they're getting for FNF A-league? I can't recall what they paid.
Doubt they'd be happy with that. They only outrated the NBL which is on a 2 hour delay (presuming it still starts at 9.30)

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/nr...th-fans-than-afl/story-fnelctok-1226855293908

Consider how the contrasting NRL-AFL approaches to locking in the fans during the summer.

MEMBERSHIP: The NRL has produced a television commercial centred on the fans - and why they are valued members of the 18 NRL clubs. The old Rabbitohs member left until last in the commercial was enough to seal the deal.

The AFL’s campaign sold the “AFL membership” with all its corporate trimmings while leaving the 18 AFL clubs to come up with their own sales pitches. Dull.

SLOGANS: The NRL again believes in the fans saying: “You’re the Difference.”

The AFL wants its fans to know: “Anything’s Possible.” Actually, after last season - with Essendon removed from the final series - the thought that everything is still possible is far from comforting.

LAUNCHES: The NRL invited 600 fans to its season launch. The AFL event at the Adelaide Oval was an opportunity missed as one of the major stakeholders - the fans - was spoken of, but not seen.

Imagine what could have been - 600 AFL fans, representing all 18 clubs, in a launch party on the southern plaza of the new Oval with the massive video screens selling the sales pitch for a new season ... and the Oval.

Doubt they'd be happy with that. They only outrated the NBL which is on a 2 hour delay (presuming it still starts at 9.30)

The A League are getting very poor ratings for a Friday night even by SBS standards I hope they dont charge much for their ads.

Does that mean nine/ nrl claim victory, or does the afl get bragging rights because they only had one game? Also, how many of the nrl viewers would be double counted ie one person watching two games?
They've been claiming victory ever since they put 2 Friday night games on at the same time a couple of years ago. But its like us with 2 AFL games on Saturday night, each game is counted on its own merits, so, with the Foxtel ratings added, the AFL comfortably accounted for NRL on Friday night. 923k vs whatever they got.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back