AE AE17 Launch & Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

How did I lose ND this week? I was against a no show.

(and i got the equal 7th highest score for the week)

EDIT : This isnt rhetorical. What's going on?

As you know, first time NO SHOWS get the ROAD TEAMS. (Read: Six home teams won in Week 6)
PaultheOkay scored 55. The opponent of No Shows needs to be aware that they MUST outscore the road teams winning total which
are aligned from early games (starting 2CR based on home team venue) from EAST to WEST location geographically. Late games, start times also applicable as next ranked CR. Overall season tally is like Home 46 Road 45.
No Shows on Road Teams Default ineligible to claim victory.
On the second and subsequent No Show, it a NO Show Penalty of lowest score minus 2.

This was written up on the OP. Just a matter of 'timing' more than anything.. ROAD TEAMS have had the best run of victories of any season.

Another amazing ND season and AE season for that matter for me

Like statsman74 , you copped the week of the first No Show of Road team default where Mountain Dew got a healthy score of 80.
Only four home teams claimed victories. It can happen to anyone. Like I stated in the previous post, it's been such a BIZARRE SEASON for the fact of road teams having had the best winning percentage. Stick with it Bucketss. 85% of your AE brothers are in the same boat trying to win a weekly nomination for the HRSQ and get to play the ND spoiler role. Then there's Hot Streak where you just never know when you get that 'kickstart' to steadily build it up. 16 winners is definitely beatable but it needs guile and patience. Look at Billiever, finishes 61st, 41st, 59th, 82nd, 64th in his first five campaigns.. seems to have gotten it right atm you can say, with a buffer of 19pts third to fourth.

For those wondering how to select less than four home teams and still be eligible for the ND victory, you simply don't have the SNF & MNF selections as the highest / second highest CR to prove you've moved the teams around.

full

As you know, first time NO SHOWS get the ROAD TEAMS. (Read: Six home teams won in Week 6)
PaultheOkay scored 55. The opponent of No Shows needs to be aware that they MUST outscore the road teams winning total which
are aligned from early games (starting 2CR based on home team venue) from EAST to WEST location geographically. Late games, start times also applicable as next ranked CR. Overall season tally is like Home 46 Road 45.
No Shows on Road Teams Default ineligible to claim victory.
On the second and subsequent No Show, it a NO Show Penalty of lowest score minus 2.

This was written up on the OP. Just a matter of 'timing' more than anything.. ROAD TEAMS have had the best run of victories of any season.

Frankly, any system that has a non-tipper effectively scoring the 3rd highest score for the week is rubbish. Average score I can handle, as then at least you needed to be above average to win - but 7th overall and going down to a non-tipper is a bitter pill.

Understand that these are the rules, and understand that this round (and season) is weird, but still, rewarding a non-tipper is crap.

WEEK 7 NEXT DUEL SCHEDULE

LamarHunt_DD_Wk6_zpsvaornhgr.jpg

LAMAR HUNT CONFERENCE WEEK 7
Note: First listed are ahead of their respective opponents on the CR Standings.
DIVISIONAL DOGFIGHTS (5)
11SJW (4-2) vs GG (2-4)
CHAFING THE DREAM (4-2) vs TGBB (3-3)

DIRTY BIRD (3-3) vs PEDGE7 (4-2)

RASKOLNIKOV (4-2) vs BELIKEMIKE (3-3)

WALESY (1-5) vs CROWMAN23 (3-3)

CONFERENCE CLOUTS (12)

BALMAINFOREVER (3-2-1) vs SERGIO’s REALM (2-4)
BGT2110 (5-1) vs SUPERFREAK (3-2-1)
BILLIEVER (4-2) vs GRIDIRON WARRIOR (2-4)

BIPOLARBEAR (4-2) vs HIDE & ZEKE (3-3)

ISLAND BOMBER (4-2) vs SIMONOZ (3-3)

MOUNTAIN DEW (2-4) vs BABYGOTDAK (2-4)

NOBBYISCOOL (3-3) vs SWANNIES (4-2)

OSCARMAN (3-3) vs LICORICE ALLSORTS (1-5)

PHX (4-2) vs SMITHS (2-4)

SHOWBAG (2-4) vs RIGGODIESEL44 (3-3)
TOMATOSAUCELING (3-3) vs PETERBUCH74 (3-2-1)
WADW (3-3) vs BUCKETSS (0-6)

INTERCONFENCE STOUCHES (3)

DEMONIC ASCENT (3-3) vs FLETCHER (1-5)

MATT897 (2-4) vs REDBULLJUNKIE (1-5)

STATSMAN74 (3-3) vs FUEY (3-3)
WMC_DD_wk6_zpse6elappx.jpg

WELLINGTON MARA CONFERENCE WEEK 7

DIVISIONAL DOGFIGHTS (6)
AUSSIEDUDE (4-1-1) vs JEFFDUNNE (2-4)
BLOODS33 (6-0) vs MARKLAR33 (4-2)
BURNINGLEVIATHAN (2-3-1) vs ARAKAAN (3-3)
CHISM (4-2) vs STRIKER475 (1-5)
DANIELZ23 (2-4) vs GALACTIC (2-4)
STARLIN CASTRO (5-0-1) vs OSMODIAR (4-2)

CONFERENCE CLOUTS (11)
AMERICAN CROW (3-2-1) vs KADOG (4-2)
BIGREDMACHINE (3-3) vs PRAWNOGRAPHER (5-1)
BPG (4-1-1) vs SHINYONTOP (3-3)
BORN AGAIN IDIOT (4-2) vs JME (2-4)
BROKEN (3-3) vs CAMSMITH (1-5)
JATZ (5-1) vs SVEN (2-4)
McGARNACLE (3-3) vs KNACKERS (2-4)
PAPA JUGGS (1-4-1) vs PAULTHEOKAY (0-6)
RASHMONADON (4-2) vs JAYZAH (2-4)
SODAPOP vs WOODSON (3-3)
TCOL (4-2) vs MARCUZ (1-5)

Frankly, any system that has a non-tipper effectively scoring the 3rd highest score for the week is rubbish. Average score I can handle, as then at least you needed to be above average to win - but 7th overall and going down to a non-tipper is a bitter pill.

Understand that these are the rules, and understand that this round (and season) is weird, but still, rewarding a non-tipper is crap.

I can see your point and it's duly noted.. (read: back to the drawing board for 2018). The average score for week 6 was a meagre 41.55, Some folk will also argue that, tipping six winners and being unlucky to be eliminated in the DZE whilst one of the HRSQer's also picked six winners and got a SEVEN point bonus!! If I had a crystal ball to know that ROAD teams would be winning 50% of contests (last two weeks combined, 18 road teams won).. Week 3, 11 home teams got up.. 2-3 weeks later, it was completely flipped. Go figure??

This season, the NO show Road teams default stopped at ONE week. You just happen to cop it like poor Bucketts did from Week 5. I can easily happen to me FWIW.

Call it the Peyton Manning Play-Off reaction..

Dog-Looks-Just-Like-Peyton-Manning-forum.bodybuilding.com-hhhh.jpg

HOT STREAK UPDATE

Tepid Streak Update would be more appropriate as this week saw another week of many streaks failing to gather momentum.

superfreak led the chasing pack with 6, having not made a Hot Streak selection for 3 weeks. He continued making no selections to remain on 6.
The Falcons and Ravens losses saw many streaks end, but Bipolarbear skated through, until the erratic Steelers ended the Chiefs winning run along with Bipolarbears streak.
The best streak of the week was a run of 4 by a number of posters, but by the end of the round, courtesy of the Steelers and Giants wins, there weren't a lot of streaks alive close to superfreak, let alone the 16 of competition leader swannies.

hs_week-6_med_hr.jpeg

I have been saying this for years but it always falls on deaf ears.

Every year different rules are brought in that just really are nothing more than pissing on a bon fire and there is no way EVER that a Non Tipper should be able to outscore anyone who did tip as the NFL is to heeby jeeby to even give all the road teams etc.

My 2 cents and i have always said they should get the lowest CR score of the round -5 odd points on top.

You don't tip bad luck and it is not that hard.

I get what everyone is saying in regards to the non tippers, but it's been this way for a couple of seasons now.
And in footy tipping it always used to be for anyone who didn't tip got Lou Richards' tips in the paper.
In terms of Next Duel the non tipper can't score a win, they may get a "default score" but the also get a "default loss".
The person up against the default score still needs to outscore them to earn themselves a win, reason this came in was we had Meltiger (I think, Woodson ?) who tipped in week 1 but didn't tip again for the whole season. This resulted in 10 straight walkover wins for 10 people which was at a great disadvantage to everyone else in Next Duel especially when it came to Wildcard placings come ND finals time.

I get what everyone is saying in regards to the non tippers, but it's been this way for a couple of seasons now.
And in footy tipping it always used to be for anyone who didn't tip got Lou Richards' tips in the paper.
In terms of Next Duel the non tipper can't score a win, they may get a "default score" but the also get a "default loss".
The person up against the default score still needs to outscore them to earn themselves a win, reason this came in was we had Meltiger (I think, Woodson ?) who tipped in week 1 but didn't tip again for the whole season. This resulted in 10 straight walkover wins for 10 people which was at a great disadvantage to everyone else in Next Duel especially when it came to Wildcard placings come ND finals time.

I hear all that, but given I was 7th for the week - relative to everyone else a very good week - you'd think enough to "outscore" a non-tipper.

Funny you mention AFL tipping. Some time ago I changed all my comps to "worst -1" to avoid this kind of problem.

Sorry, I know what the rules are. Just grumbling that I had a good week, thought I was only a half game off the division lead, but now its 1.5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like statsman74 , you copped the week of the first No Show of Road team default where Mountain Dew got a healthy score of 80.
Only four home teams claimed victories. It can happen to anyone. Like I stated in the previous post, it's been such a BIZARRE SEASON for the fact of road teams having had the best winning percentage. Stick with it Bucketss. 85% of your AE brothers are in the same boat trying to win a weekly nomination for the HRSQ and get to play the ND spoiler role. Then there's Hot Streak where you just never know when you get that 'kickstart' to steadily build it up. 16 winners is definitely beatable but it needs guile and patience. Look at Billiever, finishes 61st, 41st, 59th, 82nd, 64th in his first five campaigns.. seems to have gotten it right atm you can say, with a buffer of 19pts third to fourth.

For those wondering how to select less than four home teams and still be eligible for the ND victory, you simply don't have the SNF & MNF selections as the highest / second highest CR to prove you've moved the teams around.
I'll always hang around. Ive been a HRS qualifier before.

Hot streak is tough. Ive chosen 3 teams thst you think are solid and thats the week they decide to crumble.

TAKE NOTE EVERYONE: I've tipped against the Browns. Possibly the first time this season. So they'll win to spite me. Be wise and tip them this week.

I don’t understand the no show situation. I was up against Fletcher last week who no showed.

My record after 6 weeks is only showing 3-2. Why not 4-2?

How does the missing week get factored in the end?

???

Check my ND standings from a page or two ago... The AE site has Fletcher on Zero therefore there's no "game result" entered, which will be fixed soon I'm sure. Same has happened for me with a similar result against Kelzi weeks ago.
I have you as 4-2 tied for the lead in the Steve Young Division with Chism.

I don’t understand the no show situation. I was up against Fletcher last week who no showed.

My record after 6 weeks is only showing 3-2. Why not 4-2?

How does the missing week get factored in the end?

???

JeffDunne can answer that one..

Besides, you can suss out the complete ND Standings BIG picture here >> ND STANDINGS UPDATED

full

Have contacted Gridiron Warrior regards his peeps (Fletcher & Mountain Dew) and have also emailed those two regards the consequences. One last chance to get it right otherwise I'll be happy to bring in the ready & willing replacements.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back