AE AE17 Launch & Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Frankly, any system that has a non-tipper effectively scoring the 3rd highest score for the week is rubbish. Average score I can handle, as then at least you needed to be above average to win - but 7th overall and going down to a non-tipper is a bitter pill.

Understand that these are the rules, and understand that this round (and season) is weird, but still, rewarding a non-tipper is crap.

Flip side is how is it fair to those of us who must play a live player every week?

ND always comes down to tiebreakers come playoff time.

Huge advantage for a fellow competitor who gets almost certainly an automatic win.

I don't believe this is a complaint I would be lodging I reckon'

Striker475 why you not tip today?

Watch me get burnt by a no Tip today. :cool:

:mad:

It's just KC 1CR. Nothing to worry about.
If you need to know the No Show pre-empt listing:

15. Wash
14. Atl
13. Den
12. Sea
11. Dall
10. Cinc
9. Ariz
8. Balt
7. NOrl
6. Car
5. Jax
4. Ten
3. NYJ
2. TB
1. KC

This season has had an unusual amount of road wins so the defaulting to away teams might need to be re-examined.

In terms of scores on the site, always use the the results posted here by the competition managers for the definitive score ( or the AE clubhouse site
www.ae17clubhouse.com )

I wait for confirmation from them before adjusting the site scores so there's a always a delay (I'm slack too).

I hear all that, but given I was 7th for the week - relative to everyone else a very good week - you'd think enough to "outscore" a non-tipper.

Funny you mention AFL tipping. Some time ago I changed all my comps to "worst -1" to avoid this kind of problem.

Sorry, I know what the rules are. Just grumbling that I had a good week, thought I was only a half game off the division lead, but now its 1.5.

You're not the only one to be 'shafted' as Sodapop also copped the brunt of the No Show on first occasion policy.

I've considered many options.. the fact that sometimes and it has happened to the guys who complained about 'claiming to ,make changes' but forgot to press the SAVE button. Which is why a safety net was required for those who just missed the cut off (distracted with life that they got on after the early games) that a ONE OFF road teams default. Rookie PaultheOkay was disappointed to be informed he didn't claim the win because he got the ROAD teams instead then he said he may not have SAVED. It's never easy... (weird upsets can do this) >> everyone is given a mulligan is a pardon oversight. 18 Road teams winning in any two consecutive weeks is just as rare as Cleveland winning in back to back weeks against teams with winning records... like they did in 2010 (ironically, that was the last season we had a bizarre season of indifference... Moo's CR season of 1455 as top score defines this)

Bottom line Statsman74, that NYG upset @ Denver was the KILLER blow.

Last edited:
Flip side is how is it fair to those of us who must play a live player every week?

ND always comes down to tiebreakers come playoff time.

Huge advantage for a fellow competitor who gets almost certainly an automatic win.

I don't believe this is a complaint I would be lodging I reckon'
But people mightn't be able to make tips because of extraordinary circumstances.
Could have a family member pass away and other things become more important.
Could be travelling and a natural disaster causes issues (I sat out last year because I was travelling. In the end, I got hit by hurricane Otto and had just travelled into areas decimated by hurricane Matthew reducing services. Good thing I didn't cough up the money as I'd have lost access to tipping and probably have been booted myself)

Give them an average score. Sure, I get a loss last week. But we don't know what happened to Kelzi. So why punish him by booting him? And he didn't even get a refund of his money!

Kelzi losses big time, everyone on his roster losses a little.
I'm happy to lose if the reasons are right. Give them an average score. I'm below average? I'll take the loss.
But I'm ****ed off and thinking of leaving ae when someone else is just booted for no showing a few eeeks in a row when we don't know the circumstances.

Where's the integrity
Where's the compassion
We don't know what happened, so why burn a bridge.
I'm nearly certain Kelzi won't return again after having everything taken.
But if he was legitimately busy, there might have been a chance of retaining numbers in future seasons.

Where's the integrity
Where's the compassion
But if he was legitimately busy, there might have been a chance of retaining numbers in future seasons.

Kelzi burned himself.. GW said that he may be overseas.. did the complete AWOL. I may have left it one week too long. I'm showing loads of patience with trying to work out what to do next. FWIW, Grid Warrior put out the $$$ for his peeps so you'd have to get word from GW to determine if they've manned up. With the current situation, Mountain Dew and Fletcher are playing the mute game by not replying to my emails. Their responses have been inconclusive to GW who has tried to get feedback. It's more about the integrity of keeping the competition ALIVE and even though we can't control UPSET results which are guaranteed to happen in the NFL, it's just hoping that most AE members hold up their obligation. I hate the idea of gifting WINS for the opposing guy who doesn't show (that disadvantages the rest of his division rivals) and also feel prudish for the guys who bother to submit even though they don't score well, and are denied due to the 'Road teams default' factor. I'm not willing to change the conditions now. Nobody foresees ROAD TEAMS having a big run. It's 46-45 h2h for home teams atm.

We're learning new and different things. The average score sounds like a fair outcome but what the draw back is that 'complacent tipsters' will throw in the towel and let the average score steadily hold their placement on the CR standings.

Last edited:
Sensed a Raiders upset but only put 1 on them as it's my strategy to go low on TNF.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TNFWk7WashUp_KCOak_zpsfuub8bf1.jpg

What a wild finish!! With almost a third of AE consensus loaded up on high CR on the Chiefs including a 6-0 whitewash from the CR Leaderboard committee. The tensions were on edge in the last two minutes as Raiders QB, returning from a back injury, Derek Carr steered the Raiders down the field to open up the game with two telling TD drives and the final drive that included the final TD which was nullified twice, two defensive DPI calls, last one on an incomplete play that would of given victory to the Chiefs followed by the angular low pass to Michael Crabtree on the inside lip of the goal-line to tie up the scores 30 apiece before new Italian born Raiders kicker, Giorgio Tavecchio slotted the winning PAT for a stunning 31-30 result. Only 9 selected the Raiders including an audacious 12CR by Papa Juggs.

JeffDunne can answer that one..

Besides, you can suss out the complete ND Standings BIG picture here >> ND STANDINGS UPDATED

Ah right. I never look at that site. Only the main tipping site where the standings has me 3-2.

FWIW, I don’t like the “no-show” ramifications. In this case I got an unfair win. Not good for those competing against a legit opponent.

But people mightn't be able to make tips because of extraordinary circumstances.
Could have a family member pass away and other things become more important.
Could be travelling and a natural disaster causes issues (I sat out last year because I was travelling. In the end, I got hit by hurricane Otto and had just travelled into areas decimated by hurricane Matthew reducing services. Good thing I didn't cough up the money as I'd have lost access to tipping and probably have been booted myself)

Give them an average score. Sure, I get a loss last week. But we don't know what happened to Kelzi. So why punish him by booting him? And he didn't even get a refund of his money!

Kelzi losses big time, everyone on his roster losses a little.
I'm happy to lose if the reasons are right. Give them an average score. I'm below average? I'll take the loss.
But I'm ****** off and thinking of leaving ae when someone else is just booted for no showing a few eeeks in a row when we don't know the circumstances.

Where's the integrity
Where's the compassion

I certainly understand that life gets in the way of picks. Believe me, I definitely understand that. My issue is with complaining about how an "absent" player (whatever the reason/rationale) scored more points than a live player.

Fact is, that forcing an "absent" player to select all away teams should provide an automatic win for the live player. If it doesn't, well that is life and that is on the live player. Complaining about it because it didn't favor you in a particular week---well, that strikes me as a bit rich.

Most of the rest of us play live players the entire season. It most certainly can be viewed as "unfair" to those that play only live players who miss out by 1 game or lose a tiebreaker to another player who was fortunate enough to have an "absent" player on the schedule along the way for the near certain W.

So , in my opinion, it seems a bit disingenuous to complain about how an "absent" player scored points when most of the rest of the competition doesn't get the benefit of playing an "absent" player to start with.

As far as the "absent" player--rule is clear and has been--if you don't make picks the default is you receive all away teams. Not sure why an "absent" player can bitch about it when we all know from the outset. I get they may have valid reasons why selections were not made--but as above, that is life--s**t happens.

I have been saying this for years but it always falls on deaf ears.

Every year different rules are brought in that just really are nothing more than pissing on a bon fire and there is no way EVER that a Non Tipper should be able to outscore anyone who did tip as the NFL is to heeby jeeby to even give all the road teams etc.

My 2 cents and i have always said they should get the lowest CR score of the round -5 odd points on top.

You don't tip bad luck and it is not that hard.

Agree with this, lowest score of the round. Part of being better tipper is turning up each week. Have to reward that above all else.

Agree with this, lowest score of the round. Part of being better tipper is turning up each week. Have to reward that above all else.

Given the stakes one gets for finishing first in ND, I wonder if your position would change were you to lose a tiebreaker for final playoff spot to a guy who was gifted a win because he played a no-show and you didn't.

Again, if a guy can't beat an opponent who has all road teams and you KNOW he has all road teams--that is on you and that is life.

Gifting wins because Player A gets the good fortune to play a no-show while Player B plays live opponents every week is bad form and patently unfair to everyone else in competition in my opinion. Player A is already receiving a greater benefit than Player B will ever get all season.

This season has had an unusual amount of road wins so the defaulting to away teams might need to be re-examined.

In terms of scores on the site, always use the the results posted here by the competition managers for the definitive score ( or the AE clubhouse site
www.ae17clubhouse.com )

I wait for confirmation from them before adjusting the site scores so there's a always a delay (I'm slack too).
The site needs to be updated. Just had a look and it's showing different results/numbers to the board.

Site says I'm 3-2-1 in ND when I'm 4-2. Also shows I'm 427 total CR when it should read 446.

The site needs to be updated. Just had a look and it's showing different results/numbers to the board.

Site says I'm 3-2-1 in ND when I'm 4-2. Also shows I'm 427 total CR when it should read 446.

Go to ae17clubhouse.com for the official standings as no shows on the second occasion/ subsequent occassion get a default score that can’t be adjusts systemically it seems. I’m sure that JD can update yours as I emailed him the order.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back