Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 14 - North v Dogs Sun June 18th 4:40pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

• North by 7 - 20

• Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • North by a lot

• Dogs by a lot

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Think it's time for my kids to find another team to support. Week after week they have to watch loss after loss. They are so flat now..

Sometimes my daughter is embarrassed to tell kids at school she barracks for North as they tease her...😔 They are still young enough to change teams.

Good win by the dogs...well deserved.
Us Dogs supporters have been there. Tell them to hang in there, it makes the successes so much sweeter, and North are on their way.

Seems to have lost all confidence in it. Max King has gone through something similar. Looked a fantastic kick for goal in his first year then developed a major case of the yips, and is now back to being generally very accurate again.

I imagine JUH will turn things around soon enough as well.

I think it will turn. Used to be a really good long accurate kick. Not sure what's happened.

Feel like he has played pretty well this year regardless.

I think it will turn. Used to be a really good long accurate kick. Not sure what's happened.

Feel like he has played pretty well this year regardless.
Yeah he’s looking really dangerous in the air. Has one of the best sets of hands of anyone that young since NRoo was a pup and is terrific on the lead. Coming along really nicely outside of the goalkicking.

Think it's time for my kids to find another team to support. Week after week they have to watch loss after loss. They are so flat now..

Sometimes my daughter is embarrassed to tell kids at school she barracks for North as they tease her...😔 They are still young enough to change teams.

Tell your kids they're soft as butter. May as well support a franchise like Port

I know North's pressure is completely gone now, but the Dogs forward line looks more balanced without Naughton.

I'm not for Naughton going back permanently, maybe if the game warrants it. What was noticeable today though when he did was that our forward functioned much better and was more open - maybe because Naughton usually attracts several defenders and the opposition try to close up space around him with numbers.

North are on the move, you and the kids need to stick with them.

North are on the move, you and the kids need to stick with them.

lol was going to say, this is the first time in years you can actually see a style or game plan.
Be crap to have followed them through all the hard years only to walk away right at the time they are about to heat up.

Weightman could be loved by the competition if he plays like that for his career. Only fifty games in, hopefully he can shake the diving rubbish.
He didn't dive at all on the weekend. He's a little s**t (like all smartarse small forwards) but I wish we had him.

Its already turned. tell them to hang in there, they will be better people for it. If they fold now they'll fold every time something tough comes up for the rest of their lives.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't dive at all on the weekend. He's a little s**t (like all smartarse small forwards) but I wish we had him.
Oh for sure that was my point. If he played as he did against you guys as opposed to how he did against Gold Coast we’d be laughing. Even if he’s not kicking multiple goals, Cody’s biggest issue is if he’s not getting involved that’s when he tends to resort to the silly stuff. Needs to find other ways to get involved which is why I suspect we’ve been moving him into the midfield for spells.

If they stick to em they'll be very proud very soon. That teams going places.

Weightman was the X factor on the ground. North couldn't stop him, and (from memory) all his goals were earned.

Oh for sure that was my point. If he played as he did against you guys as opposed to how he did against Gold Coast we’d be laughing. Even if he’s not kicking multiple goals, Cody’s biggest issue is if he’s not getting involved that’s when he tends to resort to the silly stuff. Needs to find other ways to get involved which is why I suspect we’ve been moving him into the midfield for spells.
His mobility and run really caused our backline problems.

As a former Essendon supporter you would be familiar with the average cult players career span.
Oddly my first reaction was Darren Bewick (238 games), followed by Gary Moorcroft (90 games) Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti (140 games) and Sam Draper who looks like he will be at least a 150 gamer.

The only cult hero I can think of for the Doggies is Danny Southern.

Back