Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 15 - Pies v Crows Sun June 25th 1:10pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Coll-vs-Adelaide.png

2nd v 8th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 15

COLLINGWOOD V ADELAIDE
SUNDAY JUNE 25TH 1:10PM (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

MAGPIES

B: I. Quaynor , D. Moore - C , B. Maynard
HB: J. Howe , N. Murphy , J. Noble
C: P. Lipinski , S. Pendlebury , J. Daicos
HF: H. Harrison , B. Mihocek , W. Hoskin-Elliott
F: J. Elliott , D. Cameron , T. Adams

FOLL: M. Cox , J. Crisp , T. Mitchell
I/C (FROM): B. Frampton , F. Macrae , B. Hill, B. McCreery , J. Ginnivan , N. Daicos , O. Markov , A. Johnson

In: J. Howe , J. Elliott , F. Macrae , J. Ginnivan
Out: R. McInnes (Omitted)

CROWS

B: B. Smith , J. Butts , N. Murray
HB: M. Hinge , J. Worrell , W. Milera
C: C. Jones , J. Dawson - C , L. Sholl
HF: J. Rachele , D. Fogarty , L. Pedlar
F: L. Murphy , T. Walker , I. Rankine
FOLL: R. O’Brien , R. Laird , B. Keays

I/C (FROM): N. McHenry , J. Soligo , L. Gollant , R. Thilthorpe , R. Sloane , H. Schoenberg , B. Cook , M. Michalanney

In: L. Gollant , H. Schoenberg , B. Cook
Out: None

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Adelaide Game Notes:
  • Head to head: Adelaide 15; Collingwood 32; Draw 1.
  • Adelaide captain Jordan Dawson today plays his 100th AFL game. Drafted by Sydney in 2015, Dawson debuted in 2017 and joined the Crows in 2022.
  • Today will be Adelaide’s first game at the MCG since Round 2 last year. Max Michalanney and Josh Worrell will be playing their first game at the venue.
  • The last time these two sides met in Round 7, 2023, Collingwood won by one point at Adelaide Oval.
  • Taylor Walker started Round 15 fourth on the Coleman Medal leader board with 38 goals for the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crows with a bruise free belting of west coast and then a bye coming up against a pies side smarting from a narrow loss against a fellow finalist... I am travelling over for this one but the above has me worried we could get a taught a lesson on Sunday

But I am hoping for a win so lets stick with that

I get that the Crows are a different team at home but I reckon they'll be up for this one. A win might be just beyond them but can see it being a close run thing. Hope they give a good account of themselves and it's a tight entertaining game all afternoon.

The Crow knocking off a finals contender (or any team) on the road would be huge for their development. Think they have the draw to finish in 7-8.

Just think Collingwood will be too strong. Especially if they are over whatever virus went around the team.

I just have this feeling that the buildup from the media being incapable of travelling, will have the club up and ready for this game. Especially with the bye giving them time to prepare.

Plus, I feel our gameplan is suited for the bigger grounds like the MCG.

I can see us causing issues. Especially with Steele out

Well the only thing that lost us the last game against them was our disgusting goal kicking in the 1st. Let's hope that improves this week.

I feel very comfortable in the belief that Collingwood will win this. If they were to lose then they're not the team I think they are.

Pies to atone form the KB and get a much stabilising win and a win to help kick start thier second half of the season.

Will be tight early on but Pies just the better side at the MCG.

Crowds around 73k

Pies win it by 18 points.

Expecting a good fight from Adelaide but the Pies just too good when it matters when the game is in the balance. Collingwood by 8 points.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crows have have a far worse record against the Pies than any other team.

It would be a huge surprise if we win... but we sure as heck are overdue...

We are a rough chance if we don't hand them the game again with poor kicking for goal.

Crows have have a far worse record against the Pies than any other team.

It would be a huge surprise if we win... but we sure as heck are overdue...

We are a rough chance if we don't hand them the game again with poor kicking for goal.
The record between the two teams is quite remarkable really but the 32 to 15 record has been driven from the last 8 wins to Collingwood and the first 10 games between the two teams from 1991 to 1997 where the Pies had a 9 - 1 record. I do remember during the dark mid to late 90s, Adelaide was always a team Collingwood played well against.

Even in between these periods, Adelaide has only ever beaten Collingwood by more than 38 points just the once. And Collingwood never had any incentive to perform in that game in late 2005 as one more win meant no priority pick and no Thomas or Pendles….

At the moment, Collingwood’s record at the G since the Richmond game last year has been crazy. Only 2 losses by a combined 10 points against Gee and Melb. Almost no chance Adel will win this game on Sunday. It may be tight early, a bit like the Swans game a couple of months ago but with a crowd of around 65k, the Pies will kick away in the second half (their % is over 200% in final quarters this year).

You think Pies win and win well if they serious but they just never seem to make it easy and put teams away.

JDG being out is also a big boost to your chances.
This is true.

But there's been 3 midfielders for the last 10 years which Adelaide could never stop.

Thankfully (for us) Mundy retired. That just leaves Sidebottom (thankfully for us) who's injured this week, and Pendlebury who always destroys us.

Yeah. JDG is probably your best player (Certainly top 3.) But he hasn't dominated the **** out of my club for a decade like Sidebottom and Pendlebury have.

You think Pies win and win well if they serious but they just never seem to make it easy and put teams away.
Our % suggests we doing ok on that front. But agree we aren’t a team that goes on with it. Adel are a bloody strong team, arguably best forward line in the comp. This won’t be an easy game

I’ve always felt Adelaide have troubled us at the G in the past.

In saying that, we were lucky to beat them last time due to there inaccuracy so I feel fly and co would have gone to work on improving ourselves for this match. Should be a really quick game if the weather holds up.

Pies by about 3 goals

Not sure about this, I think Pies are deadly serious this year as they were last season. I’m biased but Collingwood are still the team to beat this season IMO.

Adelaide aren’t a push over so not sure why you think Collingwood should thump them to prove themselves.

I’d be happy with a 1 point win again, but still think we should settle for about a 3 goal win.

I'm glad Harrison is getting another game. Hopefully we're giving him the opportunity to find his feet at senior level to see what he can do. You never know, he might keep improving and hold his spot..

Back