Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 9 - Eagles v Suns Fri May 12th 8:40pm AEST/6:40pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Suns by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Suns by 7 - 20

Votes: 13 32.5%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Suns by a lot

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know injuries have wrecked the Eagles, but they havenā€™t been AFL standard over the past 2 weeks.

This has to be an all time low for West Coast with Gold Coast flogging them at home, I can't remember them ever being this bad.

They are lucky they have so many supporters so they still get decent crowds but they are dropping off by the week, they are atrocious.

It used to be tough getting tickets to West Coast games when they were up and about but they would be struggling to give them away now.

Simpson's credits in the bank for the 2018 premiership win have run out, the WA media have gone soft on him but the knives will be out for him now,

This has to be an all time low for West Coast with Gold Coast flogging them at home, I can't remember them ever being this bad.

They are lucky they have so many supporters so they still get decent crowds but they are dropping off by the week, they are atrocious.

It used to be tough getting tickets to West Coast games when they were up and about but they would be struggling to give them away now.

Simpson's credits in the bank for the 2018 premiership win have run out, the WA media have gone soft on him but the knives will be out for him now,
brilliant to see.

I'll believe it when I see it. Vic media don't care about WC being s**t (if they were good it would be another question). WA media gets told to * off if they report a story WC aren't happy with

(Log in to remove this ad.)

brilliant to see.

I'm not shedding any tears, WC and their arrogant supporters have been insufferable during their great run of success so it's nice to see them down.

They are a rich powerful club so they will bounce back but they look a long way off bouncing back right now, their list is as bad as any list in the AFL.

Probably their worst period since 2000/2001 and even then they still had some decent wins and a promising list. They also drafted Kerr and Judd in those years.

Never seen a team get such a free pass for being genuinely horrific, from the senior players down to the coach, what a rabble West Coast are.
Have we ever seen a team with 18 players on their injury list and literally almost nobody to pick from?

I think most people are lenient because they understand the position WCE are in is pretty unique and unexpected.

I don't go to many games these days but I went last night, we have very few ball winners and can't seem to get it. The talent is the thinnest I can remember but you only have to see what happens to an AFL side if it is a little off -> they get flogged. West Coast isn't just a little off, its in relegation territory with no end in sight of its troubles. Luckily West Coast has some runs on the board in terms of flags and a strong supporter base, all these nay-sayers would have us relocate to Tasmania or fold.

Have we ever seen a team with 18 players on their injury list and literally almost nobody to pick from?

I think most people are lenient because they understand the position WCE are in is pretty unique and unexpected.
Makes sense. Unfortunately most people are ignorant or just plain stupid as displayed in this thread, the posters in here are at Facebook supporter group levels

I don't go to many games these days but I went last night, we have very few ball winners and can't seem to get it. The talent is the thinnest I can remember but you only have to see what happens to an AFL side if it is a little off -> they get flogged. West Coast isn't just a little off, its in relegation territory with no end in sight of its troubles. Luckily West Coast has some runs on the board in terms of flags and a strong supporter base, all these nay-sayers would have us relocate to Tasmania or fold.
I think the problem is that they have bounced back quickly in the past, but as you say I am not so sure this time. Once your down that hole it can be hard to get out. E.g. Around the expansion time the Lions spent 8 years or so never being in the top 8 for one week.

Back