Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will I get a thread ban if I bring back the “let’s all have a Milo, chill out and enjoy the weekend ?”
milo GIF

Update for ps5 is great, best gameplay so far marking and spoiling is finally balanced and if you get a spoil it’s not 18 of the oppo’s players lining up to crumb it
Only complaint is incredibly long handballs by the AI
I got to play about a quarter this morning before having to head out.
Feels like the difficulty has been tweaked and the AI play differently… which is great. I was losing 5 goals to 1… so it’ll take some getting used to.

Be ready for the FB pages to fire up because people can’t win so easily anymore!!!

The difficulty in contests is nearly entirely based on timing, with things like spoil > mark etc. as that's easier to perform.

It is linear - with timing windows dropping by 20% as you go up the difficulty levels. It probably shouldn't be linear, and that will be tuned over time based on analytics of people playing.
I’d probably like to see more marking contests coming to ground… even if two players both go the grab.
I think that’s more life-like… and only occasionally would a good player clunk it in a pack.

BigAntStudios when do you expect ps4 to have proper crowds?
This has been mentioned as a performance thing. Lower crowds so the PS4 version can perform without a terrible framerate.

What do PS4 players want from this? Maybe an option to have big crowds and poor player models?

This has been mentioned as a performance thing. Lower crowds so the PS4 version can perform without a terrible framerate.

What do PS4 players want from this? Maybe an option to have big crowds and poor player models?
I don’t know anything about how this all works so I could sound really stupid.

But even a way to adjust a crowd size. So you could go 70% crowd and sacrifice some player models like you said. The more crowd you select maybe you lose a bit more of other parts quality?
As a Richmond fan and I’m sure Collingwood, West Coast, clubs that regularly get large crowds would love this option!

Mate no pressure but you better be uploading some custom Milo jumpers to the Community after all this promotion 🤣😉
The Milo Musketeers/Magic/Marauders has a good ring to it. Shame my art and design skills resemble that of a 5 year old child

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Milo Musketeers/Magic/Marauders has a good ring to it. Shame my art and design skills resemble that of a 5 year old child
Post game when most clubs give out signed footys, they could dish out those Milo sachets I remember getting as a kid doing Milo cricket.
You’d open it before you even got home and try and eat it dry and almost choke yourself to death!
Fun though, wouldn’t change a thing if I had my time again!

Post game when most clubs give out signed footys, they could dish out those Milo sachets I remember getting as a kid doing Milo cricket.
You’d open it before you even got home and try and eat it dry and almost choke yourself to death!
Fun though, wouldn’t change a thing if I had my time again!
Forget Gatorade showers - the coach just shakes a tin of Milo powder around the room

I don’t know anything about how this all works so I could sound really stupid.

But even a way to adjust a crowd size. So you could go 70% crowd and sacrifice some player models like you said. The more crowd you select maybe you lose a bit more of other parts quality?
As a Richmond fan and I’m sure Collingwood, West Coast, clubs that regularly get large crowds would love this option!
Maybe a way to have really low res Crowd, but more of them…
I’d say that’d be a suggestion for AFL24 though

What is the latest patch number available on PS5? Is it the patch submitted last night or do we have to wait for that til Monday?

Nope nothing this morning for me. Guess I’ll have to wait until Tuesday
That doesn’t make sense at all. Have you tried manually checking for an update? So are you still on 1.000.013?

What is the latest patch number available on PS5? Is it the patch submitted last night or do we have to wait for that til Monday?
1.000.015. Thursday and last night’s patches came through this morning. The next console patches now won’t be until Tuesday.

Last edited:
The gameplay in this match is pretty impressive. One of the best I've seen so far.

Some more fine tuning on goal kicking, increase the ai spoil rate polish some animations and I'd be pretty happy with it as that

I do miss the broken tackles, I thought that was a great innovation even if it was rough around the edges. It just needed extra teammate tackling support to fix it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back