Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haven't played for a week and havn't kept up with the patches but have they changed something about set shots? it's probably me just being s**t but since the marker still doesnt stop in the blue section on the second time I press it a little bit earlier but seem to be spraying balls left

Is anyody else getting a bloody annoying delay in there kicking animation?

The kicking was bloody perfect. But two patches ago my players started having a half second pause before kicking the footy on the run.
Firstly it looks janky as all hell, secondly I constantly get run down during the pause.

I put a ticket it before anyone harps on about that.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yeah had it heaps today! Kicking was better before and there should be a slightly longer window to get a kick off on the run. A few times earlier it also felt very roll the dice on the kick metre, I’d tap X and it’d boot 70 metres 🤯🤦🏻‍♂️

This has been mentioned as a performance thing. Lower crowds so the PS4 version can perform without a terrible framerate.

What do PS4 players want from this? Maybe an option to have big crowds and poor player models?

Hang on.. excuse the ignorance. Am I understanding this as ps4 won’t get crowds? That’s the dumbest s**t I’ve ever heard. The crowd isn’t even that detailed anyway

Hang on.. excuse the ignorance. Am I understanding this as ps4 won’t get crowds? That’s the dumbest s**t I’ve ever heard. The crowd isn’t even that detailed anyway
Never said it wouldn't be added, said that there is currently a frame rate issue.

Game is pushing the PS4 to the limit as it is, I'm not surprised crowds get sacrificed.

The story so far:

The game was the worst game I had ever played at launch

Got better with a few patches but still not a good game
Handballing improved heaps compared to launch but the fact that Evo 2 is light years ahead in that department says enough. Tackling has always been s**t because of the invisible walls that players run into. The balance to this was that kicking imo was the best it had been in an AFL game along with spoiling
Marking had always been iffy with me. Don’t hate it, don’t love it.

Couple of patches later. Kicking is worse. Handballing is worse. Movement/player control has taken another step back and bugs that have been in since day 1 have still not been fixed

Tf is going on? If they had a final build, why haven’t they been able to replicate it ?

The story so far:

Handballing improved heaps compared to launch but the fact that Evo 2 is light years ahead in that department says enough. Tackling has always been s**t because of the invisible walls that players run into. The balance to this was that kicking imo was the best it had been in an AFL game along with spoiling

Couple of patches later. Kicking is worse. Handballing is worse. Movement/player control has taken another step back and bugs that have been in since day 1 have still not been fixed

Tf is going on? If they had a final build, why haven’t they been able to replicate it ?
The tackling I'm on the fence about, because I really liked how you could get tackled and still get a kick away, but they took that way. I really do not like them regressing it back to a 1v1 tackle down 99% of the time. It was more advanced with being able to get out of 1v1 tackles, which is how real football is like, you see players shrugging off tackles, all the time.

There was never a final build. It's just fix up on the fly. Which is fine and fairly typical by todays standards but they weren't transparent about that aspect, more deflective.

The momentum of fixing up the game was great to see but its unsustainable and unrealistic.

The story so far:

Perfectly summed up really.

That was one of the more fun parts of the game, being able to get a kick out of the tackles, and it kept the game moving. It only needed some sort of teammate support, like being able to slap the ball out of the tackled players hands to your own advantage, and to stop one of those kicks out of a tackle. Getting tackled to the ground almost every time is boring.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The story so far:

It's actually become a tacklefest too, I can never dispose of the footy before or during being tackled, it's just ball up after ball up until the AI get the footy and manages to clear it faster than I can tackle them.
It's just infuriating.

I think what makes it worse is I can see the potential for it to be a bloody awesome game and in the patches earlier in the week I strung some really good plays together.

When I first played Evo 2 It was clear it was always going to be terrible.

Don't faint - user error video (I assume wrong positioning), but I was running for the mark and my AI teammate jumped in and marked it instead.

You're gonna give Ross a coronary mate 😛

Right on!

Updated hairstyles in place of overdue features is certainly what I’m most excited for.
It cannot be stated enough that altering likenesses has no effect on any other portion of the game being altered, added to or changed.

An artist cannot do the things a programmer can do, and a programmer cannot do the things an artist can do.

Adding, changing or altering likenesses is a simple change that takes minimal time and makes a big change when done right.

There were over 30 players altered for the last patch, whether that's new hair, different hair, adding tattoos, altering tattoos. Everything is being done in order to improve the experience that users get, sometimes those changes can seem or be minor, but if they're simple enough then why not do it.

Likenesses will continue to be updated, added to and altered dependent on whether there's a need and whether they can be improved, this has zero detrimental effect to anything else being done.
Nice to see them update some hairstyles something pretty unique compared to other sports games, makes me think maybe Rory Sloane will one day lose his brunette bob and Rachele and Soligo might get there mullets.
Go check Rachele in-game. He has a brand new hair just made for him (and now available to users in the academy).

Also - just as an FYI if people do have good consolidated feedback for visuals it can be addressed very quickly.

It cannot be stated enough that altering likenesses has no effect on any other portion of the game being altered, added to or changed.
My comment was said tongue-in-cheek but obviously that was lost on you 🙄

P.S: Joe Daniher’s hairstyle needs updating 😁

Last edited:
Love the banter and talk in this thread…

One thing im noticing with this thread and the game, is that there is too many cooks trying to fix the game and too many different opinions. Some people like something and then others don’t. Some people say tackles don’t work & others say it’s fine. Some like being able to kick or to get a handball out when tackled, others said it was happening too much. People complain about marking and spoiling, others say it’s fine. Then there’s the kicking aspect, I could go on & on.
The hardest thing on here and for Big Ant must be the lack of consensus amongst players with a lot of people not able to agree on certain aspects of the game. Someone finds something they don’t like about the game, complains about it, sends in a ticket with feedback and then big ant fix it due to said feedback. However it then ruins the game for someone else. No one can win. Hopefully they can finally balance the game enough get it to a point where it’s good enough for most people, because at the moment everyone seems to have an opinion and solution but not everyone is in agreement. Guarentee that must make it hard for Big Ant to work out what’s working and what isn’t. Loving the passion from everyone on here but I think we need to have a bit more of a consensus and be careful not to overload Big Ant with ideas and individual opinions that seem to contradict someone else’s. Won’t help the game or Big Ant.

Keep the passion going though 👍🏻

Last edited:
lol had a shot on goal on the run and hit the goal post and the gave gave it out of bounds on the full

Had a shot at goal on the run, hit the goal post and it was still counted as in play until the ball was retrieved and kick through for a goal.

You're gonna give Ross a coronary mate 😛

Well wait until this gem - actual recorded IN GAME, not the interactive instant replay. My controlled player froze, couldn't move him at all, AI that was trying to run to the ball and tackle me couldn't get past another AI that had frozen.

Had a shot at goal on the run, hit the goal post and it was still counted as in play until the ball was retrieved and kick through for a goal.

Well wait until this gem - actual recorded IN GAME, not the interactive instant replay. My controlled player froze, couldn't move him at all, AI that was trying to run to the ball and tackle me couldn't get past another AI that had frozen.

Happened to me a lot, too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back