Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an absolute thriller!!! Momentum is real in this game and trying to hold a lead, and to lose after the siren stings! But that's the best game I've been since this has come out 🤯

Attachments

• 6C32BFAC-88E8-4CD2-9781-39F61CE518D5.jpeg
    6C32BFAC-88E8-4CD2-9781-39F61CE518D5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
There really needs to be at least a forfeit bonus if not the win bonus when people quit online. I also thought team skill advantage would give some sort of bonus if you win using a VFL team online, like I have done several times 😞

IMG_6702.jpeg

WHAT ON EARTH!!!!!!! ..... A HIGH TACKLE!!!
I had this called against me the other night too but it was just a regular tackle like the other 1000 I’ve made. That and push in the back were both called on me 🤔

BigAntStudios
Is there anything in the pipeline about adding a couple of other body shapes in game.
I've attached a pic of journeyman and local goal kicking legend Jamahl Mckenzie who is currently at Solomontown after stints with half a dozen clubs and a couple of games for Sturt.
Deceptively, he kicks bags and shows great flight of foot. None of the four body types I can see in the PC Player Manager adequately match his physique.
BTW, I ain't fat shaming here, far from it. If anything, I see it as just another form of realism.

View attachment 1694731

What a specimen.

Post PS5 patch -

Positioning is a lot better
Handballs are still poor - can’t hit a short target
Kicking - wtf ? Why is it getting worse ? There’s a huge delay in kicking that reminds me of AFL 2007
Marking and spoiling imo is the best it’s been - wouldn’t touch it anymore
Tackling is still horrible. Feels like your players just run past the opposition sometimes even if you’re pressing tackle - would like to see this more like Evo 2 where if you press tackle too early, you miss the tackle. But you at least feel in control of actually laying one
Players still get stuck in the mud but nowhere near as often as they used to
Players still get stuck in front of the man on the mark - how tf this has not been a priority fix by now is beyond me. Surely if all of Ross’ employees are constantly playing the game in the office like he claims, they too would be getting frustrated with such a shitty bug
Set shots confuse me. Do we aim for the blue or before ? Feel like it changes every second set shot lmao
EDIT: Also what’s with the interchange system ? I had Draper in ruck and Peter Wright as my secondary. Wright went in towards the end of the first qtr and then Harry Jones went in for half the game. What’s the point in having a back up ruck option if it’s gonna rotate other players through there still ?

Overall, game still needs soo much work. However this was the best patch BigAnt have released imo. Could be largely due to player positioning being so much better but yeah, here’s hoping they don’t now take another step back with that like they tend to do with everything else they improve

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why is it raining in every single game now? Before it was blue skies every game now it rains. Surely it can be mixed up a bit to seem realistic

Playing management mode and completed one season. It's playable imo.

A few notes from playing the season and post latest patch:

CONS:
  1. Just a question around player progression, doesn't seem the players are levelling up or improving? Maybe this should be the next area of focus for BA to improve the longevity of Management Mode.
  2. Players seem to do a weird pause if they're kicking the ball on the run and this allows the player to be tackled. The movement is not fluid at all.
  3. Handballs sometimes fly randomly 50m in the opposite direction (not a regular occurrence but still annoying and something to look into).
  4. Set shot, personally think this can be improved. Regardless of where I am both the triggers, it seems to be independent of a set shot goal or miss. Like I'll hit the same targets for two different players and one will score and the other will miss. Doesn't make sense.
  5. Handball play is poor again, it was perfect a few patches ago so not sure what happened.
PROS:

1. Marking and spoiling is fine now, leave this as it is.
  2. For the large part, off ball movement from AI is good allowing me to string together good passages of play. Leave this as it is too.
  3. Short kicking is good.
  4. Crashes have decreased for me.

IMG_2713.png

it’s interesting that Port Adelaide in the AFL has a real score graphic but for the SANFL has it a black score graphic.

I know it’s a minor detail but, surely the AFL can also be given the black since Power doesn’t really have teal jumper

I can't select the SANFL team songs for my custom teams in Identity in Academy (only AFL and AFLW) which is a shame and no doubt a bug to be fixed at some stage.

Yeah neither am I. Did evolution 2 even do it, besides the random "this player performed well in reserves please pick them" email we'd get? Obviously some of the VFL/SANFL teams had a bunch of the rookies listed in their team but there was no link up that I remember
They did manage to do it. All state leagues, nab league, and u18 nationals ran simultaneously to the AFL. Players did get promoted and dropped.

Evo 2 however didn't get state players drafted, only a randomly generated list.

It goes back to my honest belief about management mode, if WW can implement it and make it work, then no reason BA shouldn't. They've claimed on numerous occasions that this is the most in depth management mode we've seen on an AFL game so shouldn't be any excuses with not having simultaneous state leagues. Still backing them to succeed at this one based on the reduced list sizes of state leagues teams (as per my idea earlier)

It may sound strange for someone who makes AFL banners run throughs, but I wish we could get rid of them or mimimise them for custom teams.
In the country they are only coming out for special occasions like Grand Finals and Milestones. In the SANFL they are fairly rare too for better or worse.

162488411_203960654851878_6154753175331169852_n.jpg

From Bute (Yorke Peninsula Football League)

View attachment 1694889

it’s interesting that Port Adelaide in the AFL has a real score graphic but for the SANFL has it a black score graphic.

I know it’s a minor detail but, surely the AFL can also be given the black since Power doesn’t really have teal jumper
i think Teal is mean to mean Power, while black means Magpies

also my next game will be Glenelg V Norwood at Glenelg Oval

They did manage to do it. All state leagues, nab league, and u18 nationals ran simultaneously to the AFL. Players did get promoted and dropped.

Evo 2 however didn't get state players drafted, only a randomly generated list.

It goes back to my honest belief about management mode, if WW can implement it and make it work, then no reason BA shouldn't. They've claimed on numerous occasions that this is the most in depth management mode we've seen on an AFL game so shouldn't be any excuses with not having simultaneous state leagues. Still backing them to succeed at this one based on the reduced list sizes of state leagues teams (as per my idea earlier)
I've Planned on doing the Port Adelaide Magpies in management mode

Remove this Banner Ad

Back