Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Camera Angles:
What is ‘Dynamic’ about the Dynamic angles?

Side Dynamic seems like a lower version of Side Normal… so you could just add height to it to get something close to the same…

Meanwhile ‘Broadcast’ moves around a ton… it’s more ‘dynamic’ than the dynamic angles (I would’ve expected Broadcast to be stationary pivoting left right from a fixed location on the wing).

Downloaded patch. Marking may be harder though I can't win a hitout and been out of position a lot so could just be situational. 3 mins in though had a full powered kick after barely holding the button straight after a mark haha :'(

EDIT: Nope, marking still too easy

Nice work gettin the indigenous guernseys out!
Also the clock options.. it’s another thing that adds to the realism I’m sure will make those close games even more stressful.

My only real gripe I have left with the game at the moment is players receiving the ball (majority of the time it’s by hand) are still slow to get off the mark. It’s definitely improved but a lot do the time it just ends up in a tackle fest.

Also the amount of times the AI gets done holding he ball. If we do the exact same thing and have the exact same animation, one would think it’d be our free for holding the ball. I’m assuming it’s a bug cause the tackles that should have been paid holding the ball the players both get up the AI or on of his teammates picks up the ball and there off.

BigAntStudios how *ing hard is it to add the tactics we have been waiting nearly a month for?… meant to be added in the first week my ass

You try programming 36 players to play to a freaking tactic (man on man, Eagle's Web, Clarko's Cluster etc etc)

The best you (and most others on here) could do is writing 73558008 on your calculators!! :p

When will online gameplay be fixed. One game spoil actually spoils. The next game Steven May cant spoil Tippa vs the same friend online.

Why is online gameplay so different to Normal Ai

I lost a match by 1 pt then won by like 85 immediately after against the same person same teams was bizarre. Game one literally could not pick the ball up or tackle next game I was teleporting from miles away and scooping the ball up every time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You try programming 36 players to play to a freaking tactic (man on man, Eagle's Web, Clarko's Cluster etc etc)

The best you (and most others on here) could do is writing 73558008 on your calculators!! :p
Whilst I get that it’s probably not a simple thing to implement (especially with this sport)
Ross has stated that the AI use tactics so they’ve obviously got it working to some extent by now. Just makes you wonder why it’s taking so long now

Really needs to be some position on ground factor for marking too. Lobb was towelling up all my defenders so I moved Lynch onto him and now I'm winning every 1 on 1. Need to give Lynch a penalty when he's in defensive 50. Also threw Soldo to full forward and he's clunking everything, feels like height maybe too important for marking contests. Surprised I'm one of the only few banging on about marking contests in here, is probably my biggest gripe. Feels very AFL 2004 just having 2 players stand there and jump and 1 of them marks it. We got past that a long time ago, AFL live 1 and beyond.

Whilst I get that it’s probably not a simple thing to implement (especially with this sport)
Ross has stated that the AI use tactics so they’ve obviously got it working to some extent by now. Just makes you wonder why it’s taking so long now

It's either conflicting with other elements of the game, or they're just deliberately holding off until the Xbox launch!! Gotta give the Xboxers (me as well) something to salivate over :p

^^ Not so much the teleport tackle at 14 - 16 seconds..... but the chain of play had an incorrect disposal call that was "advantage play on" without it being announced as such. Then other tackles were not recognised.

Last edited:
Looks like majority of the things that were going to be added has now been added except for Tactics, Sliders & State Leagues in Season / Management modes.
Still waiting on the increased difficulty kick on-the-run meter also.

Nobody is here is paid to do that… and nobody here has had 2 years to figure it out either

leslie-nielsen-naked-gun.gif

Ohhhh….you were sooo close! 😂😂😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back