Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone else having issues with crowd sizes? Getting 60% full stadiums for big blockbuster games such as Carlton v Collingwood

Michaels just had a close game while using the Count Up clock… It actually made it more exciting by simply not knowing how long was left.
yeah that was pretty awesome, not going to lie.

come from behind win on the siren and I didn't even know it!

Love the multitude of guernsey's available for each team. Just started against the Swans and loving West Coast's navy late 90's guernsey. Not to mention the Ochre!!!

Does the new patch take time to roll out? I live overseas and notice I generally don't seem to get it until much later.

Just had a question on the Community stuff BigAntStudios

I am putting together a pink panter team with the followers making their own players, I remember seeing at one point seeing a quick code option on the menu you could hit to then punch in the numbers to redeem the player, I can no longer see this option, are we able to get that back in at all?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.

but I added 2 x players from followers tonight and the only way I could find their player was them advising their first and last name which I just felt was a bit too intrusive to be honest.

the quick code would be perfect as it gives you the number upon creation.

Wow what a patch. Huge graphical upgrade, playing 4k on 3090 it is looking super sweet, it's got almost a bit of a FIFA feel. Crazy.

I don't know why or how this happens, but the defensive AI smarts has regressed again, it's back to being a shootout. The sum of your defence is pretty much the first punch and if you get a clear kick into your forward 50 it's a goal unless you're not paying attention. The midfield is much more balanced.

Not complaining, in fact I'm impressed if anything. The rate at which this game is taking shape is something else.

Let's see what tomorrow brings. I imagine we're going to be talking about this launch period for a very long time, especially if BA stick the landing. I think they will, there are too many positive signs.

Just had a question on the Community stuff BigAntStudios

I am putting together a pink panter team with the followers making their own players, I remember seeing at one point seeing a quick code option on the menu you could hit to then punch in the numbers to redeem the player, I can no longer see this option, are we able to get that back in at all?

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot.

but I added 2 x players from followers tonight and the only way I could find their player was them advising their first and last name which I just felt was a bit too intrusive to be honest.

the quick code would be perfect as it gives you the number upon creation.
can you not search by user name?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're giving people a day to get familiar with the change before changing up the footedness, accuracy and wind.

How hard is it deciding the "difficulty" factor with the aspects of the game ?

I'm not nit picking, just commenting that it can't be easy making certain choices then going back trying to get the balance right after feedback on forums and the data from win/loss records etc.

I've had to re-learn and play the game so many times as have others. I suspect I will continue to do so once wind and the other stats play a further role in scoring.

I've had to re-learn and play the game so many times as have others. I suspect I will continue to do so once wind and the other stats play a further role in scoring.
I don't really see this as a bad thing. Just like I don't see some randomness in tackle or kick or handpass success as a bad thing. Footy isn't a precise science and I'm fine with that.

I don't really see this as a bad thing. Just like I don't see some randomness in tackle or kick or handpass success as a bad thing. Footy isn't a precise science and I'm fine with that.

I wasn't intending that paragraph to sound negative. As you do need sports games to have a challenge like how NBA 2K is more difficult to score in more recent entries than compared to 2k10-14 for example.

It's a delicate balance you don't want 20.0 scores but like I joked weeks ago, you don't want 2.18 due to difficult mechanics.

Serious question Big Footy. Can anyone confirm face scans yet for Tippa or Aliir? I hear the boys are a bit down about it lol.

I wasn't intending that paragraph to sound negative. As you do need sports games to have a challenge like how NBA 2K is more difficult to score in more recent entries than compared to 2k10-14 for example.

It's a delicate balance you don't want 20.0 scores but like I joked weeks ago, you don't want 2.18 due to difficult mechanics.

See I wouldn't mind it being legitimate chance to be 5.15 if you're off your game sometimes. Like in 2k, def had games of very low % shooting

So I've now played this game on both PS5 and PC.

And I'll say it's significantly better on PC, the problems I've mentioned here before were based on.my.experience with the PS5 version, they seem far less of an issue in the PC version.

Maybe if I was like 40-5 you could say that, I absolutely smashed you in that game after you tried abusing bugs, you had 2 goals to 90 points and also gave up at that point holding the ball and somehow making yourself untackleable and wasting about 4-5 minutes doing so to avoid a 200 point belting, saying it's the ping seems a bit disingenuous. When I got on the mic and called you bad you know why that was, you ran past the man on the mark to score a goal because you know it's buggy, that pisses me off because I play realistically and build up plays properly. Ask Bowsered101 he gave me props and said I was insane at the game and just too good and instead of making up excuses he asked for tips, which is what I did when I lost a game in the first week when marking was a guessing game, it was impossible to win because he literally outmarked me every contest so after the game I said "so now you beat me with it, how the * do you mark the ball" he said just time it and it turns out I was timing it extremely early because I did that against the AI and got marks but it wasn't the ideal timing. I don't need to explain myself to you that's why I just liked your other comment, it's funny to me. I put in the hours.

On P600 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I Think You Should Leave Season 2 GIF by The Lonely Island

Remove this Banner Ad

Back