AFL Cairns - 2010 season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would these be right? Can someone fill in the blanks?

Manunda Hawks - Paul Griffiths
Centrals Bulldogs - Tyson Lane
Port Crocs - Andy Viola
Saints - James Coatsworth
North Tigers - Wes Lord
South Cutters - ??
City Lions - ??

Port Crocs - Andy Viola
North Tigers - Wes Lord
South Cutters - ??
City Lions - ??

Cutters Pres. aka The Penguin will announce who in the next few weeks when he arrives

City Lions are still advertising

Port Crocs - Andy Viola
North Tigers - Wes Lord
South Cutters - ??
City Lions - ??

Wes Lord stood aside from Tigers job some weeks ago, Kane Richter 2011 playing coach.

Centreman, what's the latest news on Manunda not playing at Cazalys anymore?

Not sure Lenard, have heard rumors but it's hard to know. I still think someone has to play out of the main ground. I just hope AFL Cairns don't force expansion too early with Pyramid and kill them befor they begin. As far as a merge goes, you would think that'll meet hefty opposition from both clubs.

Richter will be a good asset to the Tigers. Genuinely good player and if they follow him and give him a chance, they will benefit.

So I hear Lane is doing his best to steal players from other clubs. I guess he knows little of the 8 point rule!

Plugger the pyramid ground is approx 10 minutes south of the Cutters ground and approx 20 minutes all up from Cairns Centre

Looking at hopefully getting a teaching job up in Cairns for next year (2011) and looking for a club that I can play for when I get there.

A bit of back ground on myself:

187cm, 91kg, Utility.

Played AFLQ Div 1 2006 at Mount Gravatt, 50% in the 2's and 50% in the 1's.

The played AFLQ Div 2 2007-2008 at Surfers Parardise, all season in the 1's.

Didn't play the last 2 years due to injury & uni but am keen to get back into it for 2011.

If anyone has contacts or can send me to a good friendly club, please let me know.

Cheers, Breakthelines :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have also mentioned that I just turned 25 and due to the nature of Education Queensland I won't be in Cairns (if I get a job) until mid January.

Should have also mentioned that I just turned 25 and due to the nature of Education Queensland I won't be in Cairns (if I get a job) until mid January.

Break, there are private school jobs up here as well with the Catholic Diocese. If you're looking for a club, then that depends where you want to live. South Cairns Cutters are located at Bentley Park which is on the south side of town. Here are a couple of websites to look at.

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?assoc=3392

http://www.southcairnsafl.com.au/

Good luck with the move.
:D

Which clubs have started pre season training? Any close to Bungalow?

clubs close to Bungalow

Cairns Saints out of Griffith Park,
North Cairns Tigers out of Watson Oval,
Manunda Hawks out of Gazalys Stadium-------

depending if you are walking or driving and who you want to play for but Hawks are the closest, the rest only a couple more minutes away

but check out the other clubs, some may have more to offer you

http://www.sportingpulse.com

More to offer like a bucket of cash tamba??? Heard Souths are getting the old wallet out again to get back to the pointy end. Look forward to the coaching appointment....

Why would Lane chase players with the points system? Money only gets a club so far now which is great for the league, well done to the Cairns AFL for getting that right. Still query the appointment of Lane, he was sacked at his last club so surely he won't bring many players, will he play?

Are many players over in Darwin for their season? If so, how are they going?

More to offer like a bucket of cash tamba??? Heard Souths are getting the old wallet out again to get back to the pointy end. Look forward to the coaching appointment....

Why would Lane chase players with the points system? Money only gets a club so far now which is great for the league, well done to the Cairns AFL for getting that right. Still query the appointment of Lane, he was sacked at his last club so surely he won't bring many players, will he play?

Are many players over in Darwin for their season? If so, how are they going?

you heard wrong we are not splashing cash around or buying up if you want to play for Souths come and enjoy if not, do what pleases yourself.

By my other suggestion ----check out other clubs--- do it they might have better internal facilities plus setups also team moral/friendships , ---so stop putting in crap suggestions on what I didn't say :mad:.

you heard wrong we are not splashing cash around or buying up if you want to play for Souths come and enjoy if not, do what pleases yourself.

What interests me now are schooners, strippers, a TAB and watching a bit of footy, any club ticking all those boxes then I will get my boots back out. Surely there is a forward pocket in the 2's seeking the services of an over aged, over weight, lunch box legend.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back