AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Have heard on the grapevine that Mounsey has been lurking around and might be looking for his old job back at AFL Cairns.

Who is the new umpires boss? From all reports the umpires are a bit light on up this way, must be a tough gig.

Ladder prediction
Norths
Hawks
Saints
Port
Lions
Souths
Centrals

Will be interesting to revisit this in a few months. 2 weeks until preseason cup... Looking forward to seeing the entire new Norths side roll out. Paganspaddock will be the bloke running around with the big stiffy!

More than a stiffy, probably do an 'american pie' and have a few accidents in my pants hahahah Is very exciting!

Can someone tell me if the rumour is true about the AFL Cairns Umpire's Manager leaving for a job in Brisbane (QAFL I heard)?

Wont be any loss, judging by the comments on Tommygun physical statue, tommyguy could umpire a better game than Pierce from the grandstand while holding one of his 15 pies and juggling his mobile phone ;)

Any practice match results outside of the souths curra game?

Cutters went down last weekend played 5 x 15 min quarters, (planned for 6 dependant on numbers) got up by 10 goals on a very hot day..

Any other praccy games on the week end, heard that Centrals & Lions had a run.. Anyone with any results on that one?

Cutters went down last weekend played 5 x 15 min quarters, (planned for 6 dependant on numbers) got up by 10 goals on a very hot day..

Any other praccy games on the week end, heard that Centrals & Lions had a run.. Anyone with any results on that one?

From my sourses Centrals up by 10 goals,

Daniel Lewis the Lions CHF ,will make a big impression up here, Lions will win some games with him :thumbsu:

South Cairns have recruited in numbers, they should be competitive with the top teams again this year. Well done to them and I hope it is sustainable.

Pre Season cup this weekend, Any draws out yet?

Will the NT boys be coming back across for the Hawks?

Who are the recruits to watch from each side this weekend... At Norths Dickson looks good, I'm unsure about these Brisbane lads who have come up. Liddy will also be in a class above all others.

All eyes will be on the new playing coaches at Hawks and Saints, both come with huge wraps.

South Cairns have recruited in numbers, they should be competitive with the top teams again this year. Well done to them and I hope it is sustainable.

Pre Season cup this weekend, Any draws out yet?

Will the NT boys be coming back across for the Hawks?

Who are the recruits to watch from each side this weekend... At Norths Dickson looks good, I'm unsure about these Brisbane lads who have come up. Liddy will also be in a class above all others.

All eyes will be on the new playing coaches at Hawks and Saints, both come with huge wraps.

Have heard Liddy will be in Pluggers weight section also... Like most Years Saints will be blooding new recruits so hopefully a few put their hand up for round one.

How are teams for numbers?? have heard Hawks and Lions will struggle for 2 teams. Saints had over 40 at an intra club last Wednesday so have strong numbers

From my sourses Centrals up by 10 goals,

Daniel Lewis the Lions CHF ,will make a big impression up here, Lions will win some games with him :thumbsu:
Daniel Lewis will prove to be a very good pick up for the Lions. Hails form Harvey Bunswick Leschenault in the very strong South West League in the South West of WA. Starred at CHF in their premiership side in 2010. He should provide plenty of highlights for the fans as he is known to take quite a few "speccies".........

Heard that about Hawks but did not believe it. I was told they will struggle to fill 2nds that is why I asked about the NT players coming across. Surely they have a heap playing cricket who will play?

Big Sandi... How is the Manunda coach going?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North Cairns v Cairns City Lions 1:50pm North Cairns v Port Douglas 2:40pm Cairns City Lions v Cairns Saints 3:30pm Port Douglas v Cairns Saints
4:20pm Centrals Trinity Beach v Manunda Hawks 5:10pm Centrals Trinity Beach v South Cairns 6:00pm South Cairns v Manunda Hawks

It should be a good weekend at the preseason cup.
Two competitive pools with new players in the competition it will really be a spectacle for a great season ahead.
It may just be me but I think the comp will be stronger than 2010 and 2011 with the new additions

I think the first group might be a bit lop-sided. Norths don't play Saints, so (assuming they both beat Port and Cities) the winner of the group will be decided by percentage? THere might be a couple of good wallopings as Norths and Saints go for the percentage, if they really want to win it.

The wet weather might have something to say about it though, could be a scrappy day.

I'm new to the area who would be the main players for each side ( top 2 or 3 from each team)
Where do you see the improvement from each team and also would each team developed weaknesses

I'm new to the area who would be the main players for each side ( top 2 or 3 from each team)
Where do you see the improvement from each team and also would each team developed weaknesses

Hard to say who the best players from each team are as half the comp is pretty unknown. Port,Cities and Centrals arnt really represented on here so hard to say. Cities new CHF seems to be a very handy pick up from all reports and have heard the Adams has already got on the wrong side of the CTB boys. Saints forward line will be tough to stop and Norths seem to have a pretty good on ball line up this year. I reckon Port and Hawks will drop off while Souths and Norths will be the improvers.

Heard that about Hawks but did not believe it. I was told they will struggle to fill 2nds that is why I asked about the NT players coming across. Surely they have a heap playing cricket who will play?

Big Sandi... How is the Manunda coach going?
Can't help you with that one Collo, Tommy might be able help you out there. Be interesting to see how all the new players go on the weekend and how many clubs will put their best on the field together. Would imagine some would not be giving away to much in the pre-season comp, have to wait and see........

Been speaking to a friend of mine who was involved with in the league last year. He mentioned how the hawks were the best team last year due to quality of recruiting but most importantly the no nonsense approach of their coach paul griffiths. Ultimately this approach got griffiths the big A and also got players offside in this emotional era. I understand he played a kid ( carter ) and a seasoned campaigner (pittorino) in the reserves on gf week after playing mostly seniors for the season. These players indicated they wouldnt be back if coach Griffith was at helm in 2012, I read that carter is now at saints. Will pittorino be back at club for 1 last year with a new coach or will find pastures elsewhere, to be dropped for a gf after serving and sacrificing for a club for so long as Fred has it can only leave a sour taste in your mouth. Any other clubs have friction last year and if so what?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back