AFL Cairns - 2012 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

You forget pagan I am good friends with Lukas, I know Lukas very well. Maybe why he had very little to do with the club was he didn't enjoy the club?

At Hawks he has been to nearly every function I can remember, he is running the training atm and is now on the committee. Couldn't ask anymore out of him. ;)

You should probably have asked him to stay and play this season.

Your mate who you suggested doesn't like Tigers has quit the committee and the club and gone back to the one he doesn't like?

This is what happens when people play for money alone, friendships and commitment are only as good as the money they're bought for.

Or did the two of you have a falling out?

Pagans couldn't be Martin, why would he be telling Ellich to stay away, which would mean remain with him at Hawks?

Since when can't you have a friendship with someone from another club? Lukas made his decision to leave, as a friend it's his choice. I have two mates playing for Souths this season aswell in Glenn Gasgoyne and Andrew Bailey, doesn't mean I'll not have a beer with them because they're at the Cutters.

With a couple of days left till kick off, has anyone got a player that will surprise this year.Maybe a 2's player from last year or a young player that nobody knows about to have a bumper year. A recruit to watch out for thats been burning the track pre season.

Dave O'Toole at Saints I'm tipping for a massive year, just not sure where on the park that will be, back or forward. Between him and Gill they run bloody hard for big blokes.

No probs still being friends, just thought since he was so committed to the club that maybe it was a falling out that prompted him to move? If he left for other reasons, I'm sure you'll still be friends. You must know the reason he's leaving.

Dave O'Toole at Saints I'm tipping for a massive year, just not sure where on the park that will be, back or forward. Between him and Gill they run bloody hard for big blokes.

No probs still being friends, just thought since he was so committed to the club that maybe it was a falling out that prompted him to move? If he left for other reasons, I'm sure you'll still be friends. You must know the reason he's leaving.

Still shocked Richter/Nths would take Ellich on ... who cares if he can play the blokes a knob on the field.. No idea what he is like off the field but only heard bad reports. The Tigers have worked hard to build up their rep after the GF debarcle and now they take on a bloke who could undo the hard work of so many...

So Plugger are you pulling on the brown and gold this weekend?? Your mate Squib might line up on you ;)

So Plugger are you pulling on the brown and gold this weekend?? Your mate Squib might line up on you ;)

Indeed I am at this stage, hopefully one of our fine forum users can line up on me. Just stay in the goal square if you can, dont really feel like running too far this weekend.

Some make it sound like Lukas walked out, he was asked to leave due to his ongoing bad attitude, back stabbing and finally abuse to a volunteer.
Tigers would be mad to take this guy on after turning the place around since he left after sniping Brett Oakley.
I'm tipping some local kids to come to the fore again this season. But again I mention Lions CHF will be one to watch.

I have enjoyed and noticed the change around Norths for the last 2 years, they have taken some great steps forward... Why the hell are they doing this? Premiership success is great and Lucas is a valuable player but how many current players will now be unhappy, or will soon be, by recruiting this clown. He might be a good footballer, but it will upset more than it will benefit.

Terrible move by Kane Richter and the tigers... Every player and supporter in the league loves to get into him and he can't handle it. I hope the current North players let their feelings be known, like Pagans has on here. Watsons - What is your view on this?

I have enjoyed and noticed the change around Norths for the last 2 years, they have taken some great steps forward... Why the hell are they doing this? Premiership success is great and Lucas is a valuable player but how many current players will now be unhappy, or will soon be, by recruiting this clown. He might be a good footballer, but it will upset more than it will benefit.

Terrible move by Kane Richter and the tigers... Every player and supporter in the league loves to get into him and he can't handle it. I hope the current North players let their feelings be known, like Pagans has on here. Watsons - What is your view on this?

Cracked the sads because Matin got captain or vice before him so I hear.. Also my understanding was he wont play the first half of the year.. is this true?

Round 1 is here and my tips are :
Port vs Norths - Port are the unknowns and if the guys from Vic that they have rumoured to have picked up play I'm tipping them to take it right up to Nths... Nths by 19 points

Cities vs Souths - Has Cities CHF got over his calf strain?? if not things could get ugly as he looks to be the only shining light this year for the Lions.. Souths by 20 goals

Saints vs Hawks - Hawks still have some quality players named and this mightn't be as one sided as some have predicted.. However with the side the Saints have its hard to see anything other than an easy win for the Saints.. Hawks backs will be in for a long day with Braybon, Walsh and Gill up fwd. Saints by 10 goals

Good luck to all teams and hopefully we will see 6 games of footy played and not just the senior teams

If you understand I am tied to both the club and Lukas you'll understand that I will not be saying anything that went down on here. But I will leave you with this, if indeed you and it seems others are annoyed with Lukas coming to Norths than why is he there? There is obviously a reason behind it, whether its his playing ability or for his leadership. Maybe you should confront Lukas and ask him yourself.

Cracked the sads because Matin got captain or vice before him so I hear.. Also my understanding was he wont play the first half of the year.. is this true?

Round 1 is here and my tips are :
Port vs Norths - Port are the unknowns and if the guys from Vic that they have rumoured to have picked up play I'm tipping them to take it right up to Nths... Nths by 19 points

Cities vs Souths - Has Cities CHF got over his calf strain?? if not things could get ugly as he looks to be the only shining light this year for the Lions.. Souths by 20 goals

Saints vs Hawks - Hawks still have some quality players named and this mightn't be as one sided as some have predicted.. However with the side the Saints have its hard to see anything other than an easy win for the Saints.. Hawks backs will be in for a long day with Braybon, Walsh and Gill up fwd. Saints by 10 goals

Good luck to all teams and hopefully we will see 6 games of footy played and not just the senior teams

Fellow Dick! You forgot to mention Jesse Dixon, Macqueen, Hallas, Ricky Allen and Sam Harkin. Plus midfielders like Powell, Hislop, Philpot's, Searle and another R.Couch. Then the old heads of A.Couch, Ferrier, big Jarvs (huge man) and possibly Kennedy (training well) down back. All the names are there, just need the gel...

My tips
Saints - tipping with the heart but the Saints boys will be out to set the tone for the year.
Norths - by 5 goals, but there won't be many more kicked in the match.
Souths - going well on the south side and they will use this as a confidence builder.

Fellow Dick! You forgot to mention Jesse Dixon, Macqueen, Hallas, Ricky Allen and Sam Harkin. Plus midfielders like Powell, Hislop, Philpot's, Searle and another R.Couch. Then the old heads of A.Couch, Ferrier, big Jarvs (huge man) and possibly Kennedy (training well) down back. All the names are there, just need the gel...

My tips
Saints - tipping with the heart but the Saints boys will be out to set the tone for the year.
Norths - by 5 goals, but there won't be many more kicked in the match.
Souths - going well on the south side and they will use this as a confidence builder.

Ok looking into the dregs of my glass of ale

Saints ---mmmmm 21 points

Port Douglas ---aaaaah close one 7 points

Souths -----slourp slourp, aaaah another beer needed, --- enought to win a bet, 40 points.

will tally up on Sunday & see who is top this week
will keep it going all year if you like ????

anymore tippers ???????

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok looking into the dregs of my glass of ale

Saints ---mmmmm 21 points

Port Douglas ---aaaaah close one 7 points

Souths -----slourp slourp, aaaah another beer needed, --- enought to win a bet, 40 points.

will tally up on Sunday & see who is top this week
will keep it going all year if you like

anymore tippers ???????

Saints 61pts
Norths 11pts
Souths 81pts

Dont love him or hate him. I honestly dont know him. Ive watched him play football since he was at norths many many years ago and that is it, i've maybe said 10 words to him ever. He is a good footballer. Do I like the way he acts all the time? Not really. There have been specific things he has done that made me cringe over the years but the comments made today were just childish and rude. (obviously someone else agrees with me, they were removed after all)

Bottom line, if you aren't man enough to say these things to the club / the bloke in person you shouldn't say them at all. You clearly wont do that (coward) so you should just stop.

Dont love him or hate him. I honestly dont know him. Ive watched him play football since he was at norths many many years ago and that is it, i've maybe said 10 words to him ever. He is a good footballer. Do I like the way he acts all the time? Not really. There have been specific things he has done that made me cringe over the years but the comments made today were just childish and rude. (obviously someone else agrees with me, they were removed after all)

Bottom line, if you aren't man enough to say these things to the club / the bloke in person you shouldn't say them at all. You clearly wont do that (coward) so you should just stop.

HADTOPOST demonstrates you never spent a day on the committee and being the 'new jonny on the spot' i suggest you shussshhh up!!! When you have spent 13 years at the club and mopping floors, cleaning bbq, emptying bins and watching your children play there whole junior life span at the club come back and say hello! Like most, you wont see me or the children back at the club! Kane has proven he is a liar as Ellich doesnt represent 'good people' at all, he is a ........

For the record, like yourself, watsons and collo have made very sharp comments about Ellich on this forum and now you go all soft simply because he is down at Behan St, we shall see how long this marriage last for!

The more I hear about it, the more I don't like it. As I said in my original post, I didn't know the full story, I was just happy to see an ex junior and good footballer back at the club. For a start Lukas is now an 8 point player which will stretch us, he is also still recovering from off season surgery. As far as I know, Lukas came to us, we didn't hunt him.
As you said Collo, Kane has done an amazing job to turn the reputation of the club around over the last 2 years. I know that he would not put these gains at risk for the sake of one player. I have every faith that the coaching panel and leadership group will have discussed the situation thoroughly and not just signed him up straight away. He is a risk, but I'm hoping the lad grows up and realises he might be on his last chance.

Pagans, not sure who you are, but I've been there as long as you and while not happy to hear that your leaving, I think to call our coach a liar on here is out of line. The lad has done more for our club in the last 2 years than you could imagine and to get so called supportes get on big footy doing that is completely uneccessary.:thumbsdown:He is an approachable bloke, go ask him yourself why he signed Lukas and I'm sure he'll tell you.

Tips: Saints 43 points, Tigers 26 points Souths 12 goals.

The more I hear about it, the more I don't like it. As I said in my original post, I didn't know the full story, I was just happy to see an ex junior and good footballer back at the club. For a start Lukas is now an 8 point player which will stretch us, he is also still recovering from off season surgery. As far as I know, Lukas came to us, we didn't hunt him.
As you said Collo, Kane has done an amazing job to turn the reputation of the club around over the last 2 years. I know that he would not put these gains at risk for the sake of one player. I have every faith that the coaching panel and leadership group will have discussed the situation thoroughly and not just signed him up straight away. He is a risk, but I'm hoping the lad grows up and realises he might be on his last chance.

Pagans, not sure who you are, but I've been there as long as you and while not happy to hear that your leaving, I think to call our coach a liar on here is out of line. The lad has done more for our club in the last 2 years than you could imagine and to get so called supportes get on big footy doing that is completely uneccessary.:thumbsdown:He is an approachable bloke, go ask him yourself why he signed Lukas and I'm sure he'll tell you.

Tips: Saints 43 points, Tigers 26 points Souths 12 goals.

Things have got really heated here! I dont think its fair on both parties! So lets set the record straight here! I am in the know and will confirm all the facts of what has happened!

An email was sent to the club committee on Wednesday last week informing them of the decision of captaincy for 2012 following Lenny Warren stepping away from footy for the year. The captains elect where not involved in the selection process and NOR was any player on the current list.

On the Thursday, the player everyone is talking about called a volunteer trainer at the club a 'c$*t as she refused to massage him before other playing players. The player stormed out. The trainer was upset and informed the president of what happened and from what i understand, left training also.

It was agreed that the player in question was to be released and the committee was informed of the intended process of informing this player due a 'long list' of disciplinary issues and behind the scene niggles of last years coach by trying to lead a revolt before the season started. It was really hard for the club to appoint this player as a captain in 2012 purely and simply because of his conduct and his ability to cause issues behind the scenes and for the simple reason as there is a large number of young juniors coming into senior football and the view was that he wasnt the right figure to be a role model for those players. As a bloke at the club he is brilliant and a good guy otherwise.

In between the announcement of the captains to the committee and the announcement to the playing group the player in question approached the tigers club about trading over outlining his inability to play under one of the appointed captains as well as via facebook outlining the deception and betrayal the club had shown towards him. At no point as any acknowledgement of his conduct towards the trainer been communicated to the club he is going to nor an apology to the volunteer involved. If this very thing happened to the player in questions partner or friend, he would have sought immediate dismissal and apology.

In the interests of all those concern, i hope that he is happy over at norths, there is no hard feelings held from the playing group and very much looking forward to the two clubs lining up for a fair and hard contest with the sherrin involved. These are the facts and i hope that this fills in the void and inaccurate suggestions being made about everyone concerned. I will re retire my username but thank tommygun for bringing this rubbish to my attention and wish everyone involved a 2012 season the best of luck. Eagerreader x

Things have got really heated here! I dont think its fair on both parties! So lets set the record straight here! I am in the know and will confirm all the facts of what has happened!

An email was sent to the club committee on Wednesday last week informing them of the decision of captaincy for 2012 following Lenny Warren stepping away from footy for the year. The captains elect where not involved in the selection process and NOR was any player on the current list.

On the Thursday, the player everyone is talking about called a volunteer trainer at the club a 'c$*t as she refused to massage him before other playing players. The player stormed out. The trainer was upset and informed the president of what happened and from what i understand, left training also.

It was agreed that the player in question was to be released and the committee was informed of the intended process of informing this player due a 'long list' of disciplinary issues and behind the scene niggles of last years coach by trying to lead a revolt before the season started. It was really hard for the club to appoint this player as a captain in 2012 purely and simply because of his conduct and his ability to cause issues behind the scenes and for the simple reason as there is a large number of young juniors coming into senior football and the view was that he wasnt the right figure to be a role model for those players. As a bloke at the club he is brilliant and a good guy otherwise.

In between the announcement of the captains to the committee and the announcement to the playing group the player in question approached the tigers club about trading over outlining his inability to play under one of the appointed captains as well as via facebook outlining the deception and betrayal the club had shown towards him. At no point as any acknowledgement of his conduct towards the trainer been communicated to the club he is going to nor an apology to the volunteer involved. If this very thing happened to the player in questions partner or friend, he would have sought immediate dismissal and apology.

In the interests of all those concern, i hope that he is happy over at norths, there is no hard feelings held from the playing group and very much looking forward to the two clubs lining up for a fair and hard contest with the sherrin involved. These are the facts and i hope that this fills in the void and inaccurate suggestions being made about everyone concerned. I will re retire my username but thank tommygun for bringing this rubbish to my attention and wish everyone involved a 2012 season the best of luck. Eagerreader x

Glad you could clear it up. Hope thats the last we here of it.

I think you guys need to have a good hard look at yourselves in the mirror!!!
Football is a game that is played because its fun not because you want accolades, not because you like the pain and frustration of injuries and certainly not because you like people questioning your character and publically voicing all there imperfections!
It's a game that is played because you love kicking a ball, it's played because you love the smell of deep heat in the change rooms it's a game that weather your 5'1 or 7'1 it will still cater for your needs. It's a game for the people, but whilst I say this it's a game for the people but that dosnt give you small minded people on the cairns forum to publically ridicule a guy for having a go at something he loves to do. Whether its Lucas ellich out there or if you cast your mind back 12 months and remember the unfair character assassination of a certain former south cairns coach, it's dosnt give you guys the right to type what you want with out knowing or even having spoken a word to the guy!!!
Who do you think you are sitting behind a computer giggling at your hurtful posts, I guarantee you wouldnt have the guts to stand in front of the person in question and say it to his face! So either put up or shut.
People have feelings and it dosnt surprise me that depression is on the rise.
I wonder how many of you actually play the game and at what level.

I think you guys need to have a good hard look at yourselves in the mirror!!!
Football is a game that is played because its fun not because you want accolades, not because you like the pain and frustration of injuries and certainly not because you like people questioning your character and publically voicing all there imperfections!
It's a game that is played because you love kicking a ball, it's played because you love the smell of deep heat in the change rooms it's a game that weather your 5'1 or 7'1 it will still cater for your needs. It's a game for the people, but whilst I say this it's a game for the people but that dosnt give you small minded people on the cairns forum to publically ridicule a guy for having a go at something he loves to do. Whether its Lucas ellich out there or if you cast your mind back 12 months and remember the unfair character assassination of a certain former south cairns coach, it's dosnt give you guys the right to type what you want with out knowing or even having spoken a word to the guy!!!
Who do you think you are sitting behind a computer giggling at your hurtful posts, I guarantee you wouldnt have the guts to stand in front of the person in question and say it to his face! So either put up or shut.
People have feelings and it dosnt surprise me that depression is on the rise.
I wonder how many of you actually play the game and at what level.

Oh boo hoo! I know many that have told the guy to his face, but he just doesn't get it. He thinks it's everyone else's fault! You cannot call a female volunteer a c...t, storm out and think the world owes you an apology. A far as those who hope that he may learn his lesson now he's at Norths, it's you that just doesn't learn because you keep thinking he'll grow up, but he never does.
My tip, forget this lonely trouble maker and talk about the game we all love - footy.

Saints by 85points
Port by 8points
South's by 98points

Don't think the comp is as close as everyone thinks. Really hope I'm wrong.

Sorry Pagans but need to correct you here, Graham Dean was not involved with the Club last time Ellich played for the Tigers, Graham had already left the Club in a huff when McQuane's services were terminated & he went to Cities.

Oh boo hoo! I know many that have told the guy to his face, but he just doesn't get it. He thinks it's everyone else's fault! You cannot call a female volunteer a c...t, storm out and think the world owes you an apology. A far as those who hope that he may learn his lesson now he's at Norths, it's you that just doesn't learn because you keep thinking he'll grow up, but he never does.
My tip, forget this lonely trouble maker and talk about the game we all love - footy.

Well said mate, AFL like most other local sporting codes is struggling for committed volunteers week in week out & for him to treat someone like that is unacceptable & he obviously has no respect for volunteers. Last I heard he will be out until June due to surgery, for Norths sake I hope they do not regret this decision as they are really heading in the right direction with a great group of people working hard to ensure this happens.
Bring on a great day of footy tomorrow at all 3 grounds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back