AFL.com.au Website Update: "New Digital Publishing Experience"

Remove this Banner Ad

"Working closely with our technology partner Telstra and digital media technology company Pulselive, we are about to transition to a new Content Management System – the tool we use to make our content come to life.

Everything you know and love on AFL.com.au and the club websites will soon be published from this new system as we aim to take user-experience to the next level."

"We have some exciting things in store for some of our favourite features too:

- Match Centre
- Ladder Predictor
- Stats Pro
"

What does this mean for the AFL website?

Is this a sign that the AFL will be pushing 'fee-for-service' memberships for access to shiny new things, similar to those that require a Telstra account?

Maybe i'm just missing it, but i can't see a "search" tool on the new layout. Does anyone know how to search for past articles? They released the Champion Data stuff, and i thought i'd go back and see how it compares to last year. But i can't find a way to search for anything within the new site.

Maybe i'm just missing it, but i can't see a "search" tool on the new layout. Does anyone know how to search for past articles? They released the Champion Data stuff, and i thought i'd go back and see how it compares to last year. But i can't find a way to search for anything within the new site.

every time they update the site all the old links fail. Its why you always save a hard copy of any article you think might be needed in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I prefer my articles in a downward scrolling list with a small but clear picture next to the headline/topic.
I feel like the new larger side-by-side click picture articles are too in my face and appearing a bit like ads.

Its all about the cash and making a play for more streaming content over mobile devices. This is another way for Telstra to push their products in partnership

I am not sure I could have deliberately made the site worse if they asked me to, tried to find some stats on a game this year, can't find it. What a ridiculous site. Can they please publish all the stats publicly so more competent sites have access to better data?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back