Multiplat AFL Evolution 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I think remember using your sliders to get the most out of the original version. I'm gonna dip back into the game for the first time in almost a year, so if you don't mind chucking up what you're running (slid) at the moment I'd appreciate it mate.

Also, I'm sure it it hasn't been optimized by WW, but does the game run any better on next-gen consoles? I'm going to be playing it on ps5 for the first time later tonight.
No idea about next gen consoles, but after watching videos on here of guys who (finally) were able to get it on PC, I decided to give WW a bit more money and repurchase the game on PC
Have it on Xbox, and even bought the second hand Xbox when it came out to play it, and while it’s mostly the same, the slightly choppy frame rate murders my eyes - plus I enjoy tweaking textures etc ;)

Last edited:
So I went to buy the DLC tonight on PS5 and it looks like it's unavailable on next-gen..
What a joke.

Shouldn’t be - that is to say, the PS4 version and the patch can be played/bought on the PS5 store.

Unsurprising that there isn’t a next gen version given it was built in 2018, came out on old platforms early last year and they’re only doing a list update + patches for the DLC.

So I went to buy the DLC tonight on PS5 and it looks like it's unavailable on next-gen..
What a joke.

Had the same issue - go to the store and purchase it, it will then load into your PS5 fine (the in-game purchase tile is incorrectly linked).

Hey Ross, had any words with Nacon about a new footy game?;)

Off Topic: Nacon have been awesome, we're pretty busy with what we had before on the slate, plus some new sports added in - very much looking forward to sharing whenever I can, especially Rugby.

Apologies to WW - my DLC drama was tied to a PS Store PayPal issue, nothing to do with them.
I've got the update on PS5 now.

No idea about next gen consoles, but after watching videos on here of guys who (finally) were able to get it on PC, I decided to give WW a bit more money and repurchase the game on PC
Have it on Xbox, and even bought the second hand Xbox when it came out to play it, and while it’s mostly the same, the slightly choppy frame rate murders my eyes - plus I enjoy tweaking textures etc ;)

I played theXbox version a few days ago after also returning to the pc release. I might be having hdd issues but I don't remember it being THAT choppy. The framerate is silky smooth on pc!! Also I love the 5 second loading times to start matches.

Can someone give a quick list of recommended sliders, gonna give this another go

Don’t have full sliders for you but I’ll give you my preferred camera - default angle, 35 zoom, 55 height. Can see plenty of the field, keeps it the wide angle not end to end, and still let’s you look downfield for a lead.

Also use the right stick to scan down the field after a mark, useful as for entry kicks inside 50.

First slider to play around with is run speed,bump that all the way down for both teams. From memory I also put prior opportunity time to 65 for both sides. Beyond that probably some minor changes but someone else in here will have a more complete version. That’ll help you get through some fun exhibition games though.

Lads, repeating myself here but I can't recommend the PC version highly enough. I suspect the main ingredient is being able to play on ultra at 144mhz where everything is silky smooth, obviously not an option for everyone, but *if* you can, give it a whirl.

BigAntStudios Hey Ross, hope you're well. Sorry if i missed it earlier, but are you comfortable saying a word or two on WW's fourth bite on the cherry? Would love to hear anything that you're impressed by and also anything you think they really need to fix as a top priority for the next one. Or you can tell me to naff off, that's an option too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lads, repeating myself here but I can't recommend the PC version highly enough. I suspect the main ingredient is being able to play on ultra at 144mhz where everything is silky smooth, obviously not an option for everyone, but *if* you can, give it a whirl.

BigAntStudios Hey Ross, hope you're well. Sorry if i missed it earlier, but are you comfortable saying a word or two on WW's fourth bite on the cherry? Would love to hear anything that you're impressed by and also anything you think they really need to fix as a top priority for the next one. Or you can tell me to naff off, that's an option too.

If you search this thread for his posts you'll find many of his words about this game from last year. Some of those words even inspired the publisher to make an account and post themselves...

As mentioned above we're pretty busy with Rugby, Tennis, Cricket and some other as yet unannounced sports titles.

I have it, of course, but haven't been able to put enough time in, on the surface from the little I've played post patch/DLC, it's a roster update. I'd be more than happy to hear of things that you think are awesome, and that we should try to emulate in our titles.

Does adjusting the sliders impact the CPU difficulty? Even on the highest difficulty seems the CPU is still pretty average.
If you make the CPU mark, tackle and ruck better, it's a bit harder.

As mentioned above we're pretty busy with Rugby, Tennis, Cricket and some other as yet unannounced sports titles.

I have it, of course, but haven't been able to put enough time in, on the surface from the little I've played post patch/DLC, it's a roster update. I'd be more than happy to hear of things that you think are awesome, and that we should try to emulate in our titles.

Will there be another cricket on the horizon soon? From memory you went 17 then cricket 19? Figure Covid would have put any possibilty of a 21 out the window?

Will there be another cricket on the horizon soon? From memory you went 17 then cricket 19? Figure Covid would have put any possibilty of a 21 out the window?

Off Topic: I'm not at liberty to announce anything, but, if you look to our previous releases you'll understand when the next Cricket game is coming. Covid hasn't had an effect on us, we've added new projects and staff through it, and I sold the business :)

Off Topic: I'm not at liberty to announce anything, but, if you look to our previous releases you'll understand when the next Cricket game is coming. Covid hasn't had an effect on us, we've added new projects and staff through it, and I sold the business :)

I take that as a release for the ashes at the end of the year then :p

Awesome for you guys! 19 is a great game still play it to the day. Some of the creation work by some of the guys on there is so good.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Off Topic: All good - indeed, very good - we're expanding, hiring like crazy, and every we game we make has had an increased budget. We have autonomy.

Have the Rugby and Tennis games been announced?

Off Topic: Rugby was "kind of" announced in the press release regarding our acquisition by Nacon, Tennis is a given as we have made both TWT2 and AO2 - both are set for MAJOR upgrades in content and gameplay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back