Official Club Stuff AFL Fans by Suburbs in Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Iread this article and it says the Epping line is now the domain of Hawks fans lol.
I know one singer friend from that area who is a massive Hawker.

I know on the Hurstbridge line,when we played Hawthorn,Tiges fans outnumbered Hawks 4 to 1.

When I went to the Tigers/Hawks game it took me until Clifton Hill to see a single Hawks fan. Was packed with Tigers. The 52,000 crowd that freezing rainy day was majority Richmond and the carpark was closed too.

They probably only show up to top of the table games.

Agree with the two Richmond boys above- I've ridden both the Epping/South Morang and Hurstbridge a fair bit on match days and I've never noticed Hawthorn supporters being that prominent on those two lines.

When I went to the Tigers/Hawks game it took me until Clifton Hill to see a single Hawks fan. Was packed with Tigers. The 52,000 crowd that freezing rainy day was majority Richmond and the carpark was closed too.

They probably only show up to top of the table games.

I'd say Collingwood and Richmond are definitely over-represented on the South Morang line but I've noticed a large increase in Hawthorn supporters on the line since I first started catching it which was in 1996. BTW I only saw Hawthorn supporters in the train on the way home (might have something to do with leaving at the 10 minute mark of the last quarter) :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inner north. Always.

I have lots of mates from the eastern suburbs (but who doesn't?) and they all seem to be Hawks fans, unsurprisingly. The ones I know from the Peninsula and Geelong are all Pies fans, though. Bogans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back