Resource AFL Live Pass - Free for Telstra customers

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah they have the afl.TV 24/7 stream. Also replays on demand (which I much prefer)

Will have to do proper comparison between the video quality.

The replays on watch AFL (global) come out as 800+Mb per quarter.
1080p 25fps 3458kbps.

The replays on AFL.com.au (live pass) are about 350mb per quarter.
720p 25fps 2003kbps.

Have to do an a/b comparison of the same game because it could just be upscaling with minimal gain in the visuals.

Foxtel still looks the best to my eye. Just looking for an easy way to archive games, along with picking up older games in the highest quality available.

Have an NHL pass for streaming and it kills all of ours. Such smooth motion and sharp picture.

AFL global looks like upscaled 720p to my eye, but the quality tends to be pretty good

Just watched tonights game through the tv using an mhl cable from my phone. Worked a treat and was pleasantly surprised with the picture quality all things considered.

Just watched tonights game through the tv using an mhl cable from my phone. Worked a treat and was pleasantly surprised with the picture quality all things considered.
I did the same but kept getting the 'wifi struggling' message on my phone. Changed to my tablet and it was fine. Also happy with the picture quality

Watched the whole crows v gc game whilst at the Normanville caravan park.

Afl app on my samsung note mirrored to 38 inch samsung tv.

Worked great, did not stop once, resolution on tv was very good - was getting a 4g signal.

Changed over to the tab app to watch the dogs and resolution on tv was terrible, looked ok on phone though.

since last week, using this app has been metering the data for me. piece of crap. anyone else had this problem? its been unmetered for years, not all of a sudden its blown my data limit :(

since last week, using this app has been metering the data for me. piece of crap. anyone else had this problem? its been unmetered for years, not all of a sudden its blown my data limit :(
I thought I heard that - apparently its metered content now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely not? thats so crap. im going to take my bitterness down to the telstra shop and sort this out.
just read the t&c's, its apparently unmetered for video only. if you're getting charged for it, complain to the hilt!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back