Autopsy AFL Round 19 - Another Loss

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the jury is still out in regards to the tigers. Problem is, you don’t need to be a ‘great’ team this year. Just a good team with a healthy list and form at the pointy end of the season is probably enough. No team is starring in 2019. It’s another open year.

You haven't needed to be a great team for a few years. But the Tigers were a very good team the year they won it all. They were a superb team last year until they ran into us. If it weren't for some of their injuries earlier in the year, they'd probably be well entrenched in the top two.

Maybe they're not a great team, but they're very very good. These jerks deserve some credit.

If we didn’t show the intent/effort and overall work rate last night, the margin would have been 20 goals. It’s lack of confidence and cohesion the leads to poor decisions and errors and that’s a direct consequence of missing critical players and wholesale changes the last few weeks.
You can’t tell me, if you were to pick our best22 or near to it that we wouldn’t be a completely different team.
Down by 5 goals @ 1/4 time.

AND we were 50+ points down halfway through the last....lol

But sure, the effort was there :drunk:

Saw the interview with JDG on 7.
Highly impressive. A superstar.
Collingwood should win the next four, Crows inconsistent.
Round 23 should be a cracker.

What I seen the last 2 weeks we be lucky to win 1 of the next 4

What do you mean "we"? You've been exposed long ago as a Collingwood hater, posing as a supporter, with your get Buckley sacked agenda. Nick off mate, you're* fast becoming a joke.
* note correct grammar; your; you're.
It’s incredible nothing has been done about this. Look even at his recent posting... was around after the tigers, giants and Hawks games but nowhere to be seen when we beat the eagles. He’s either the most sadistic person on the face of the earth or not a Collingwood fan

It’s incredible nothing has been done about this. Look even at his recent posting... was around after the tigers, giants and Hawks games but nowhere to be seen when we beat the eagles. He’s either the most sadistic person on the face of the earth or not a Collingwood fan

Not a Collingwood supporter but my posts keep getting deleted.

Guess the Mods don't like your Posts CFC2010 but no idea why

It is what it is Dave.......they’re the bosses they can do as they please.

Watching Adelaide atm how flakey is this team?

The worst part about the loss was the giggling by Richmond players after they kicked goals. Several times I saw them having a laugh after a goal. You don’t normally see this too often during a match.

I hope the players all get that vision and watch it. They were laughing at us.
They weren't laughing prelim final night. We've shown if we have anything approaching a full team, we smash them.

I'm responding to you knucklehead.

Effort & intent aren't there, which is quite clearly the most concerning piece. Injuries are hurting, obviously - but we've fallen away even in the intangible categories.
Right. Resorting to name calling obviously highlights who the knucklehead is here. Given you obviously haven’t read all my posts, I’ll make it really simple for you to understand.
The intangibles you speak of such as lack confidence and belief is intrinsically linked to injuries. AFL360 highlighted Collingwood has rotated something like 22 players through 8 positions the last few weeks. There is no continuity and cohesion with that many changes week to week. I can’t believe how many light weight Pies supporters like yourself on this forum are abusing our players and club without taking this into account. Look no further than Richmond for evidence of this. As they regained players and had a settled side week to week, their cohesion, belief, confidence and results have improved.
Our motto is Side by Side. We win and lose together as a club. If you’re not prepared to stick with the club and just post negative comments when we’re going through tough times, you sure as hell don’t deserve to celebrate the good times when our fortunes improve.
So continue being a light weight supporter but don’t bother posting compliments praising the playing group when we going well. We don’t need you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They weren't laughing prelim final night. We've shown if we have anything approaching a full team, we smash them.

I agree. I don’t rate Richmond. However, I do rate our guys. I think they need to see the vision of them being laughed. Might encourage them to fire up.

We have no spark.

I like to be optimistic on match days leading up to the game however once the match begins I’m often completely confused and dumbfounded by what I am witnessing.
I’ll be showing my age with my questions here but I have to ask in the hope of maintaining some semblance of sanity.
Why are so many opposition players unmarked when there’s 30 odd players crammed into one half of the field?
Why, when we make break and turn the ball over do we have no one to kick it to?
Why, at stoppages do we leave opposition players unmarked on one side of the ruck contest?
Why has man on man pressure become obsolete?
Why are our basic skills so diabolically poor?
Why is most of our forward line just standing still for forward 50 entries?
Oh forget it, the game’s gone past me, I need to be delisted.

I didn’t turn on the game last night, which would have been the first time in years, possibly a decade. Quite sad actually.

Who played well and who is coming back that can improve us over the next few weeks? Was anyone else injured last night?

If no one is coming back, then I would brace for a drop out of the 8. No way we make it through September without a top 4 spot and at a week off (if we can win the first game). Our players are broken and as a result out of form. Who takes the blame for their conditioning? Fitness staff, ground keepers, Buckley, Eddie, recruiters, all of the above?

If we don’t unleash a full blown assault on this area of the club i’ll never watch another game. The emotional investment just isn’t worth it and I feel for the parents of players who are recruited to the club. It’s not fair that these young draftees work their ass off on the slim chance to fulfil their dream, only to be cut down by chronic injury. Disgusting.

Cards for liking posts? That’s as soft as the s**t we’ve been serving up these last couple of months. I know they do it elsewhere, but do we really have to be that weak here?

This.

A lack confidence and belief is intrinsically linked to injuries. AFL360 highlighted Collingwood has rotated something like 22 players through 8 positions the last few weeks. There is no continuity and cohesion with that many changes week to week. I can’t believe how many light weight Pies supporters on this forum are abusing our players and club without taking this into account. Look no further than Richmond for evidence of this. As they regained players and had a settled side week to week, their cohesion, belief, confidence and results have improved.
It's a factor. I'm jsut pointing out that we weren't outplaying sides even at the beginning of the season when we were a settled team.

So how did we go?

Not being funny, what do you think we can do to get around it? I have no idea what we can do

Run in waves, play on fast, win clean center clearances, attack wider but still with pace. Make space through repeat leads drawing defenders out of the zone, be less predictable...

Other teams manage it. We manage it for periods. It's doable.

He's got a strong dislike of the coach, but I don't see it as any different to someone having a strong dislike of Langdon, Phillips, Treloar, etc...

Run in waves, play on fast, win clean center clearances, attack wider but still with pace. Make space through repeat leads drawing defenders out of the zone, be less predictable...

Other teams manage it. We manage it for periods. It's doable.
Might cause turnovers though. Better to score no goals from rebound than to increase the chance of conceding a goal from turnover... :drunk:

It's a factor. I'm jsut pointing out that we weren't outplaying sides even at the beginning of the season when we were a settled team.
Yes you’re right. And I think Jonathan Brown summed it up saying we look like a very good team cruising along waiting for finals. Back then we could play one brilliant quarter and still win big. We no longer have the personnel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back