AFL Round 6: Collingwood v Richmond Sunday 3:20 pm EST @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Collingwood are not playing Richmonds gameplan. Please dont be that arrogant.

Adding some pressure doesnt mean your game style is Richmonds. Your side didnt invent pressure. And your gameplan js more complex than pressure.
Hey Buddy, media’s words not mine!! Don’t shoot the messenger. I don’t think we invented anything. That’s just irrelevant deflection anyway.

The point is they’re playing a high pressure, high tackling game style with fast ball movement. Surely there’s no any specific judo, karate, or ninjutsu moves we do that warrant drastically more free kicks against us based on game style?? If it were that simple to explain Collingwood wouldn’t be miles above us in differential.

That’s the point of what I said - nothing to do with the authenticity of game plans or trademarks, copyrights or arrogance. I just think it’s a cop out to say our game plan warrants more free kicks when Collingwood are “focusing on a lot of similar areas and key indicators” as Richmond have been in 2017 and 2018.

Except a large part of the reason you ran out of legs was that you were working harder in the first 3qtrs.

I'm sure the excuse will be the shorter break, but we're talking less than a day difference. It's not like Richmond was luxuriating for over a week in preparation for this game.
No - a better excuse is missing a third of our best 22 for lord's sake! get some context, man.

Mate we played about 6/10 today...had the fumbles and some stupid decision making.
It should have been 10 goals + minimum.
Pies got us rusty...lucky you.

Tiggies were not impressive against a very undermanned pies. A lot of panicky footy and fumbles when our boys applied some heat.

No - a better excuse is missing a third of our best 22 for lord's sake! get some context, man.

Except if they were all fit, they wouldn't be playing, would they?

Case in point being that your website has 5 players on the injury list (total, not 5 best 22 players)....now, it's been a while since I was at school, but given I stayed longer than most Collingwood fans, I can be pretty confident in saying that 5/22 is NOT a third.

But hey, keep making things up if it makes you feel better about giving us a percentage boost.

Um - Rioli B.Ellis Townsend Premiership player were out for Tiges - not a one way street for "brave" Pies. How do the media equate a 43pt loss to a "brave" 43point loss ? Each side this year has done similar against Tiges only to wilt under pressure, they weren't called brave - Just saying....

Ellis and Townsend were dropped for crappy form! Are you kidding. Adams, Wells, Moore, Elliott, Varcoe and Langdon are all best 22 when fit- they haven't been dropped!

Collingwood haven't got a forward line, yet we're still competive. Is having a structured forward line overrated these days?

Except if they were all fit, they wouldn't be playing, would they?

Case in point being that your website has 5 players on the injury list (total, not 5 best 22 players)....now, it's been a while since I was at school, but given I stayed longer than most Collingwood fans, I can be pretty confident in saying that 5/22 is NOT a third.

But hey, keep making things up if it makes you feel better about giving us a percentage boost.
Let's count them-Varcoe (Managed due to close turn around) Langdon (managed due to soreness) Wells, Adams, Moore, Elliott, Goldsack (for the year) and then arguably Greenwood who was best 22 last year but due to along term injury has probably fallen off the pace. You are kidding yourself if you think this hasn't had a huge impact on our team. You have continuity in your back, half, midfield and forward half while we are constantly filling gaps and shuffling players.

Not particularly. The constant narrative from Tiger fans on here is " look at our free kick differential we get screwed by umps the most" when in fact your brand of footy means you give away frees. Jack Riewoldt is allowed to knock over players at will, Rance can manhandle and still get the free his way and Dusty can fend off high and gets HTB once in a blue moon.

Both sides got some cheap calls but only one side got them in the last when the game was on the line. Pendles' 50 set up a goal when game was in balance which was horseshit.

Tigers were good enough on their own but the umps still did their bit.

You complain about tiger fans complaining about free's then you complain about free's? You're the most contradictory poster I've seen

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ellis and Townsend were dropped for crappy form! Are you kidding. Adams, Wells, Moore, Elliott, Varcoe and Langdon are all best 22 when fit- they haven't been dropped!
What happened to that feeling the Pies were going to win? Surprised you could show your face and spout such rubbish. B.Ellis and Townsend did not play seconds! The HS website via Jay Clark claim Pies were the real winners -doesn't he work for Eddie? I guess you can go join Pies spin fantasy forum as I am sure one exists

I accept the argument but think Goldsack is an upgrade on mayne and Greenwood is an upgrade on Blair. Elliot and wells easy best 22 same as Moore and Varcoe. Adams and Langdon without a doubt. Obviously some of the others not all automatic inclusions but a fair swathe you can make a pretty good case for. I think Richmond still would have won by the way, but we are missing a shitload if players I don’t think it can be argued convincingly that we aren’t.
The pies have turned the corner ....... there’s a lot to work with and yes Varcoe and Adams will definitely add!!

Collingwood are not playing Richmonds gameplan. Please dont be that arrogant.

Adding some pressure doesnt mean your game style is Richmonds. Your side didnt invent pressure. And your gameplan js more complex than pressure.

Stupidly, that’s a big point the media have rambled on about this week. No idea why.

What happened to that feeling the Pies were going to win? Surprised you could show your face and spout such rubbish. B.Ellis and Townsend did not play seconds! The HS website via Jay Clark claim Pies were the real winners -doesn't he work for Eddie? I guess you can go join Pies spin fantasy forum as I am sure one exists
Yes we rested a couple that would have played against a finals contender.

Don't be so sure. The venom in the Pies threads closely resembles that of the Tigers fans pre 2017.

Um - Rioli B.Ellis Townsend Premiership player were out for Tiges - not a one way street for "brave" Pies. How do the media equate a 43pt loss to a "brave" 43point loss ? Each side this year has done similar against Tiges only to wilt under pressure, they weren't called brave - Just saying....
Weren’t Ellis and Townsend omitted? Regardless anyway, not sure why you’re making that response to my post. After all, I was pointing out that certain players out weren’t best 22, I said nothing about being brave or whatnot.

They way they rotate the top end, Cotch and Dustin either rest up forward or on the bench a lot of the first half. Daisey (commentor) has picked up on what they do. Then basically those two gut run for the last 1 1/2 Qtrs. Blokes like Lambert, Edwards Graham Prestia Caddy and others allows this to happen. Thats why it always looks like we are running over the top of every one.

I hope we don't run into the maggies in the finals if we make it. They move the ball quickly, defensively are very very good and are only going to get better as the belief builds and the season rolls on.

You are quite correct it was Daisy who pointed out that dusty and cotch are rested a lot in the first half of games... I actually have no problem with her commentary. . Thought I was going to but I don't...
Collingwoods angled ball movement up the field troubled us today, it worked well. .
Barring more injuries and assuming they are getting players back soon they are going to win a fair share of games this year ...Finals side fighting it out with Melbourne to replace Essendon in this years 8 IMHO .. On that topic how people thought essendon were a top 4 side has got me baffled, they are crap. ..
As for Richmond going along okay at the moment definitely room for improvement

Let's count them-Varcoe (Managed due to close turn around) Langdon (managed due to soreness) Wells, Adams, Moore, Elliott, Goldsack (for the year) and then arguably Greenwood who was best 22 last year but due to along term injury has probably fallen off the pace. You are kidding yourself if you think this hasn't had a huge impact on our team. You have continuity in your back, half, midfield and forward half while we are constantly filling gaps and shuffling players.

Your club disagrees

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/season/injury-list

Great game of footy today ruined by over officious w***ers. Pies had a red hot go but ultimately failed the audit.
To the posters who contributed to the thread, well done. To the loser trolls sooking it up. EAD. Ooooh Jacks a sook. Ooooooh Rance is blah, blah, blah. One day the penny will drop. Tigers are the hardest, toughest team in the country.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Remove this Banner Ad

Back