AFL Supercoach 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a good league. Apart from one or two stragglers everyone had a good team. 971 out of 41267!!

@Pocket_Pears - pretty good ranking and I recall you threw the gaunlet at me and I took the challenge #respect

The question is not whether I'll give you advice, but will you take it?

Do you want advice from a guy who had 8 ROOKIES in the midfield in initial team in 2010? Do you want advice from a guy who started without Goddard in 2011 (when Goddard was best player in 2010 finals)?

If so, then proceed (but do not collect $200) :eek::eek::eek::D:D:D

'TROY - Immortality, Take It, It's Yours'

Fodzilla, You understand me so so so well (it scares me) :p:p:p

I know you must be sick to death of questions, but did you seriously start with 8 mid rookies? I thought my 5 was hardcore. I started with a lot of rookies in DT - well I thought I did - but I pushed too late. This year I'm going to try and ignore the most expensive players, get a couple of guns (preferably DPP) in each line and also a a money maker then load up on the cash cows.

I know you must be sick to death of questions, but did you seriously start with 8 mid rookies? I thought my 5 was hardcore. I started with a lot of rookies in DT - well I thought I did - but I pushed too late. This year I'm going to try and ignore the most expensive players, get a couple of guns (preferably DPP) in each line and also a a money maker then load up on the cash cows.

Yes, I started with 8 rookies midfield of: Trengove, Martin, Barlow, Banfield, Banner, Bastinac (Jetta, Shuey)

Don't forget I started with Karmichael Hunt and NO Goddard in 2011, so I'm not the traditional SuperCoach thinker.

This is the 2010 thread http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686453

Yes, I started with 8 rookies midfield of: Trengove, Martin, Barlow, Banfield, Banner, Bastinac (Jetta, Shuey)

Don't forget I started with Karmichael Hunt and NO Goddard in 2011, so I'm not the traditional SuperCoach thinker.

This is the 2010 thread http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=686453

I've found that Supercoach is all about picking the right rookies and filling in the gaps with the more consistent, durable premiums. And then trading in the more volatile premiums during the year.

A good rookie with give you 30-40 pts per game more than a bad rookie, whereas the difference between premiums is only 5-10 ppg unless you pick a real dud, which should be easy to avoid.

So my advice is try and fit as many good rookies into your side first. If that means an 8 rookie midfield, so be it - you will be able to make up the points difference by picking all premium forward and back lines. (Although you should probably have at least 1 premium mid for captaincy).

I'm in again.

Last time I loaded up with cash cows (2 years ago) with the aim in upgrading for the finals it backfired badly due to long term injuries to my premiums so I was wasting trades on premium-for-premium swaps leaving me with a very unbalanced team in finals. I'm gonna try again and hope for the best.

I'd like to be in too. Never been in any leagues except with mates before.
In 2011 finished 1644 overall as the HungryHungry Hippos

I'd be up for a spot in a league again. Finished ~25,000th last year, so I'll go into some lower league.

This. Not quite sure where I finished last year but it wasn't good. The bye stuffed me week after week. Thank god there's no bye this year.

Count me in. Ran/coached one of the Divisions last year but Can't remember my score but finished in top 2%. Happy to run something again this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Along as beat ben the gooner...again that's all that matters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back