Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Emma Kearney is a great leader and captain. Fierce competitor. She did nothing out of ordinary in the GF except play a consistent game and lead a good team. They were just beaten by a better team on the day and that's footy. There were no such antics, it all happens in footy and thats what makes great players like a great player she is.
Her desperate and pathetic effort to clear the backline by kicking off the ground, straight to Koenen, instead of placing your head over the pill, shows that she squibs contests.

We get it, you dont like her.
You're wrong.

I like her strengths as a player (namely skills, smarts, and mobility) which I've been praising on here for nearly 6 years now (much longer than anybody else has).

I dislike her weaknesses as a player (bit soft in the contest and too often selfish around goal) which have naturally become more glaring and worthy of highlighting since she became captain.

Moving on. It's noticeable how, when another poster (who has no track record of praising any player on here) repeatedly criticises Kearney, your worthless "we get it" responses are nowhere to be found.

You're wrong.

I like her strengths as a player (namely skills, smarts, and mobility) which I've been praising on here for nearly 6 years now (much longer than anybody else has).

I dislike her weaknesses as a player (bit soft in the contest and too often selfish around goal) which have naturally become more glaring and worthy of highlighting since she became captain.

Moving on. It's noticeable how, when another poster (who has no track record of praising any player on here) repeatedly criticises Kearney, your worthless "we get it" responses are nowhere to be found.
I've seen someone criticize Kearney once, I've seen you criticize Kate on numerous occasions, and the post I responded to seemed completely gratuitous.

I don't have an issue with players being criticized, there are a number of Eagles players I criticize repeatedly, it's just you seem to go out of your way to produce a potshot at her.

It seems odd.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've seen someone criticize Kearney once
Repeatedly in the space of a few posts. Didn't bother you one bit.

and the post I responded to seemed completely gratuitous.

I don't have an issue with players being criticized, there are a number of Eagles players I criticize repeatedly, it's just you seem to go out of your way to produce a potshot at her.

It seems odd.
Nobody comes on a football forum to read one poster analyse another poster. If you aren't going to engage with the actual football points I raise, don't bother replying. Thank you.

Repeatedly in the space of a few posts. Didn't bother you one bit.

Nobody comes on a football forum to read one poster analyse another poster. If you aren't going to engage with the actual football points I raise, don't bother replying. Thank you.
Odd comment coming from you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A dream result for West Coast. It's obvious how much Melbourne have lost without the leadership of Pearce. She has the ability to instil self belief in those around her--look no further than Tayla Harris' sudden turn to career best footy under her guidance.

And then look at some of the struggling young talents at WC like Franklin and Roux and it's hard not to anticipate similar trajectories.

Daisy going way back with the likes of Swanson and Hooker could be viewed in one of two ways, but it wouldn't be quite the same awkward dynamic as her making tough calls on a Paxman or L Pearce.

But is coaching West Coast a wise move for Daisy?
She probably should have steered clear of Melbourne in 2013 too, using the "that club is a shambles" logic.

Interesting comment coming from someone who continually makes oblique comments about other posters.

Yeah I don't think it's a mystery why Melbourne went backwards this year...

View attachment 1869523
I think of all the teams the cap on rotations and slightly more running time has affected Melb most and brought them back to the pack.
They can’t just drop two behind the ball now when they’re 15 points up.

No doubt losing Pearce leaves a massive leadership voice on the field when they’re under pressure, Hore isn’t as natural a footballer. I can see a bit of the Katie Brendan’s in her when she’s running forward but she’s a level below for talent just a very good runner and athlete.

I think West Coast are only going to go in one direction.
Good choice for first coaching job, dont think it’ll be the last.

But is coaching West Coast a wise move for Daisy?
I think so, if she lived up to her promise.

She will have a young list, but there is some talent on it, especially after the next draft.

They have struggled with the game plan being suspect, and struggling to follow it. An inability to stop run ons, and composure and decision making.

Those are fixable, and if Daisy does that, WC can become a lot more competitive quite quickly.

This can only look good for Daisy, even if they don't make finals.

Yep, Daisy could have been the coach of a Top 8 team within two years.

Ah well, her loss 😉
Hmmm I think an AFLW premiership captain and a 10x VWFL/VFLW premiership player probably has higher aspirations than merely making up the numbers in finals.

Yeah I don't think it's a mystery why Melbourne went backwards this year...

View attachment 1869523
I think the Dees have recognised their weakness. Letting Sheriff go, she's Ginnivan levels of squib.

Even this highlight video shows when she could easily have picked it up, but chose a more risky, but easier option.

Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back