Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s my 5 mins of woman’s footy done. When they can kick longer it will be good to watch. Atm it’s just a pack running around.

Looks a decent crowd in for the first game.

Was impressed with the accuracy of the field kicks tonight, goals not so much.

Some good hard contests, Prespakis an absolute gun. McEvoy will be dominant in 2-3 seasons.

Exciting times for Women’s footy.

Was impressed with the accuracy of the field kicks tonight, goals not so much.

Some good hard contests, Prespakis an absolute gun. McEvoy will be dominant in 2-3 seasons.

Exciting times for Women’s footy.
1 goal to 0 at half time.

Did not watch as not around to see it at time.
Kayo doing themselves no favours by not having it on their site when woke up early and curious to at least see some of it and if it was any good.

Scores make me think I probably not missing much.

Watched the game last night and it was great to see the skills have improved yet again. The skill improvement helped to open up the game.
Carlton looked pretty good, moved the ball well.
I quite like that the clock doesn’t stop all the time and I hope this is introduced to the men’s comp.

Kayo doing themselves no favours by not having it on their site when woke up early and curious to at least see some of it and if it was any good.

It was probably the best game Carlton have ever played in terms of ball movement and transitioning from defence to forward line.

Really just entry into the forward line that let us down. Even that though was better than last season overall.

The tiges were a bit disappointing, especially some of their big signings, but credit to Carlton for a good performance. They were better at getting the footy out in the open and hitting targets - this is the key to womens footy, because they all good at putting pressure on ball carriers, and if you're playing your first game at this level, you're going to get a shock from how much little time you have with the footy (remembering there are four new teams).
Players who can grab the footy in congestion, take a bit of heat and extricate themselves to get a clearance are gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The scores probably do not indicate the quality of the match. Carlton could have had 5 or 6 in the first half, and the final score line probably flattered Richmond.

It's a sign of the progress of women's footy that Richmond weren't awful, they defended well and had their moments, they were just an inexperienced team outmatched.

The good passages of play were really good and at times, really slick.

Another thing that stood out was the progress in contested marking.

First season was notable for the lack of players capable of taking pack marks, but there were sequences of 3 or 4 contested marks in a row, by a variety of players.

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we should do a campaign. AFL to indtroduce a rule that from now on, any commentator mentioning what other sports a player used to play gets summarily executed.

Seriously, players that took up footy prior to season 1 of AFLW, every time they touch the ball. 'Gemma Houghton, basketballer, has a shot on goal'. She has played AFLW and WAFLW for the last 4 years, this makes her a footballer, not a ******* basketballer kicking a footy.

I think we should do a campaign. AFL to indtroduce a rule that from now on, any commentator mentioning what other sports a player used to play gets summarily executed.

Seriously, players that took up footy prior to season 1 of AFLW, every time they touch the ball. 'Gemma Houghton, basketballer, has a shot on goal'. She has played AFLW and WAFLW for the last 4 years, this makes her a footballer, not a ******* basketballer kicking a footy.

Did you know Scott Pendlebury used to play Basketball as a junior? :drunk:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back