Play Nice AFL Womens - General Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Dees have recognised their weakness. Letting Sheriff go, she's Ginnivan levels of squib.
Mixed messaging with their handling of Eliza West though.

While West gets a lot of the ball her disposal lets her down, she can hardly kick the ball more than 25 meters.
Neither can Mithen (although she usually hits her target more often).

West isn't irreplaceable but for a team that's struggled with flakiness for a while and can get bullied on the ball it's odd we didn't do more to keep her.

Have it on good authority that North are clearing out and ruffling feathers. Players who show promise haven’t had a game nor had much interaction with coach/coaches this season, forgotten about apparently. One has been talking all year with Crocker in a positive tone and promises made but has been told on ya bike. Senior playing group not happy…… Will see what comes out of that 🤔

Have it on good authority that North are clearing out and ruffling feathers. Players who show promise haven’t had a game nor had much interaction with coach/coaches this season, forgotten about apparently. One has been talking all year with Crocker in a positive tone and promises made but has been told on ya bike. Senior playing group not happy…… Will see what comes out of that 🤔
i think we have 3 obvious delistings in considine, burke and mailer

we will likely need another 1-2 go tho which is where it gets tough, but i think gavalas is likely going to be a trade

shouldnt really be trying to do too much change outside of that and keep the squad together

i think we have 3 obvious delistings in considine, burke and mailer

we will likely need another 1-2 go tho which is where it gets tough, but i think gavalas is likely going to be a trade

shouldnt really be trying to do too much change outside of that and keep the squad together
The one I’ve been told about is a surprise especially to the senior group. Ive heard that Granville could be one plus the ones you’ve mentioned. If you look at some stats an average of 3 or 4 possessions are keeping some in the team whilst these others not given a crack. Last season they dropped them in no time, this year just ran with the same as I said coming from the leadership group. One of them got 9 games including the gf with an average of 3 possessions and doesn’t know the basic rules or how to kick a ball. Not gone down well at all.

The one I’ve been told about is a surprise especially to the senior group. Ive heard that Granville could be one plus the ones you’ve mentioned. If you look at some stats an average of 3 or 4 possessions are keeping some in the team whilst these others not given a crack. Last season they dropped them in no time, this year just ran with the same as I said coming from the leadership group. One of them got 9 games including the gf with an average of 3 possessions and doesn’t know the basic rules or how to kick a ball. Not gone down well at all.
yeah she would be stiff

im not sure if vikki wall is confirmed to come back next year or needing 1 more year off to focus on rugby but that would help with list spots and keeping her maybe

Who is this person? What feathers have they ruffled?

and

who was the person why didn't get a game and why are senior players iunhappy?

Maybe Birch replaces this person.

Last edited:
File under "let's see how those players respond now, come the AFLW trade period".

I'd say Garner and Riddell re-signing through to the end of 2027, and Kearney until at least age 36, is a rather resounding response from the senior playing group.

With Kirsty Lamb asking to be traded to port can anyone tell me about what we’re getting?

All-aus in 2022, midfielder.

Would we expect she waltzes into our midfield with our additions already?

What’s she like as a player

She is very physical and tough. Although she is 29 now. (30 next year)

Could put her forward too.

She is very physical and tough. Although she is 29 now. (30 next year)

Could put her forward too.

What do we think the trade will be like? Port could get away with pick 44 or need to give up 21?

it probably depends on if we’ve got our eye on another player in the draft after window.

once we add window and lamb our midfield has a lot of options to go through it so I can’t imagine we will be looking for more mids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn't someone say way back about Birch when she was going from WB to Melbourne she was not good for their culture or she had caused issues. Maybe wasn't getting on with people? Was that reported and then afterwards she came out and said something negative about WB? Could her now leaving Melbourne be for a similar reason?

Also on Daisy going to WCE I think it's a step backwards and she should have stayed at Geelong and gave up her media commitments. Should be eyeing off a senior assistant role (one day) she'll end up coaching WCE for a few years, they'll go no good then be back in media full time.

yeah she would be stiff

im not sure if vikki wall is confirmed to come back next year or needing 1 more year off to focus on rugby but that would help with list spots and keeping her maybe
Wall is definitely returning so I’ve heard. A promising young tall is the one on the way out but not given any chances. Played 4-5 games last year and showed some promising signs. Been treated roughly, promising chatter but looks like been left in the cold. we shall see I guess. 🤷‍♀️

Didn't someone say way back about Birch when she was going from WB to Melbourne she was not good for their culture or she had caused issues. Maybe wasn't getting on with people? Was that reported and then afterwards she came out and said something negative about WB? Could her now leaving Melbourne be for a similar reason?
After she left the WB, she said some mildly negative things about the running of their women's program which have probably aged pretty well.

Paul Groves, formerly of the Bulldogs, then said in a swiftly deleted tweet that she was the most selfish player he's ever coached.

I think she's just kind of a weird unit and not particularly eloquent. But I don't get the impression she's leaving Melbourne because of any personal issues with players or coaches, just strictly business.

I'd be surprised if Granville is unhappy as she was injured early, but I thought she was unlucky not to get a look in late in the season, but by then we were on a bit of a roll and it was a little hard to drop players when the team was playing so well.

McCarthy may have felt a little lost with Shierlaw coming to club, she played four games in season 7 and didn't impress me too much, I think she is still a little green and needs to work on her game before she works her way into the team. Perhaps it may be a good option for her to look elsewhere.

I'd be surprised if Granville is unhappy as she was injured early, but I thought she was unlucky not to get a look in late in the season, but by then we were on a bit of a roll and it was a little hard to drop players when the team was playing so well.

McCarthy may have felt a little lost with Shierlaw coming to club, she played four games in season 7 and didn't impress me too much, I think she is still a little green and needs to work on her game before she works her way into the team. Perhaps it may be a good option for her to look elsewhere.
Shierlaw I reckon only has one year left max

Shierlaw I reckon only has one year left max
I agree. I hope McCarthy stays, a couple of seasons learning the game with Randall, Shierlaw and King could only be a good thing for her development, but I think she may feel she has been forgotten., she didn't get a look in this season, even when Shierlaw missed a game, Crocker chose to play Considine instead and she didn't impress at all. It may be a case of having to lose a young developing player or two while we chase our first Premiership.

Also on Daisy going to WCE I think it's a step backwards and she should have stayed at Geelong and gave up her media commitments. Should be eyeing off a senior assistant role (one day) she'll end up coaching WCE for a few years, they'll go no good then be back in media full time.
Yeah, how dare she not want to be an assistant.....one day.

Last edited:
Yeah, how dare she not want to be an assistant.....one day.
Not sure what you've taken Umbridge to?
Senior assistant at AFL level is achievable and imo (note the imo) ranked higher than AFLW coach. Lauren Arnell was practically gifted the port gig as an example of the level. I think this trajectory is a step backwards if she ever wanted to be a senior coach in the big leagues but who knows. wish her all the best.

File under "let's see how those players respond now, come the AFLW trade period".

I'd say Garner and Riddell re-signing through to the end of 2027, and Kearney until at least age 36, is a rather resounding response from the senior playing group.

Of course if you belonged in that senior group you’d be pretty pumped. These players can also have an opinion on how other things are being dealt with at the club. Just because things are rosy for them doesn’t mean everyone is pleased

If she fails.

What happens if Eagles make finals in 2 years?

On moto g(6) plus using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back