Game Day AFLW Non North Season 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

This weekend has shaken things up a lot. Crows down, Pies down, Freo almost down to Carlton.

Crows was the important one, we play Brisbane and Fremantle with the last two games, if good enough we can get a game back on those two but we don't play the Crows this year so we are kind of relying on other teams to knock them off.

Crows are 5-2 192.6%, they play Dogs and Pies. In an ideal scenario, Dogs beat them round 8 and they beat Collingwood round 9 so they end up 6-3.

Collingwood are 6-1 195.9%, they play Saints and Crows. We would need a miracle on grass for Saints to beat then, they will likely end up 7-2, but if Saints knock them off it would make things interesting.

Brisbane are 6-1 224.6%, they play us and then Melbourne. Will be interesting if they can play in Brisbane next week. They could end up 6-3 if things go our way.

Fremantle are 6-1 231.9%, they play Melbourne and then us. The game against the Dees is in Perth but Melbourne playing well atm. If the Dees beat them and the other results go our way, we could be playing off in the last round for top spot.

There are bound to be some results that do not go our way, but I think if we are good enough there is the potential for us to put ourselves in a position for a home final if we are good enough. If that perfect world scenario pan out, both us and the Dees would end up 7-2 which would give us the best pathway for all finals in Melbourne.

It would be the third time Carlton got a Head Office leg up to go past North - fourth, if you include 1896.

In our girls‘ hands, though. Good sides beat other good sides.

On today’s game, I watched a bit of a tight first half then went for a walk - can’t believe the second half score. Harford certainly has a knack for getting them to go up a gear when they are letting themselves down against sides they should beat.

It would be the third time Carlton got a Head Office leg up to go past North - fourth, if you include 1896.

In our girls‘ hands, though. Good sides beat other good sides.

On today’s game, I watched a bit of a tight first half then went for a walk - can’t believe the second half score. Harford certainly has a knack for getting them to go up a gear when they are letting themselves down against sides they should beat.
I think he has a bit of that magic touch like Scotty Gowans had. I think with the girls the team environment is very important.

Yeah a couple of losses and they get a percentage booster! Hopefully we put it beyond doubt tomorrow night.

If they scored the exact same scores against the Giants as they did the Suns they’d get a boost to 144%.

If they score 50 points and hold the Giants to 1 point they would also get to about 144.

We’d still have to lose 18% in two weeks to drop under them if they get that percentage boost

We have Lions and Freo to beat to stay ahead on wins - they only have to beat the Giants next week.

They can’t overtake us on wins so percentage is the only thing that will matter. The only team outside the 6 who can jump over us is the Bulldogs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty scary having Maddy Prespakis kicking fast balls right at you playing wickets

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Some weird umpiring going on in the AFLW match. Melbourne player Paxman seemed to beHTB but got a free. For some reason the ump called play on after about 5 seconds and the two women on the mark come running in. Paxman shrugs to the ump asking WTF? Gets caught and it’s HTB against her.

Three wrongs to make a right I reckon.

Our finals opponent won’t be freo

will be one of dees (atm) or lions (If crows win)

you’d assume if it’s lions with the latest outbreak that would be in Melbourne also

so likely no travel next week
Collingwood is the other team we could play next week if crows beat them their percentage could end up below lions and finish 3rd

So one of dees, lions or pies

That was a great 5 minutes of footy. The women’s game is getting better each year and now looks like a genuinely skilful contest.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And it's going to keep getting better as more genuine afl players come through and less cross code players are in.

Just watching the replay. Late in the second quarter, old mate Nigel comments that “Strong has had the better of Emma King today” just as the hit out stats are out on the screen to illustrate King has dominated total hit outs and hit outs to advantage. Also the first time I caught Jess Duffin telling 7 Kearney,s half tIke message was not to get sucked into rubbish happening off the ball (a comment which, like the behaviour, was not picked up by the commentators).

From the outer I couldn’t see how involved Garner was in the first half. What a machine.

Just watching the replay. Late in the second quarter, old mate Nigel comments that “Strong has had the better of Emma King today” just as the hit out stats are out on the screen to illustrate King has dominated total hit outs and hit outs to advantage. Also the first time I caught Jess Duffin telling 7 Kearney,s half tIke message was not to get sucked into rubbish happening off the ball (a comment which, like the behaviour, was not picked up by the commentators).

From the outer I couldn’t see how involved Garner was in the first half. What a machine.
Seemed to be a bit of scragging of our mids off the ball. Umps too busy looking for Freo fans to see it tho.

Any ideas about what is behind the commentary consistently having a focus on our opposition?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back