AFLW AFLW Season 7

Remove this Banner Ad

No chance to add to list after draft?
There is. Teams with an available list spot can try to convince undrafted players to sign with them.

It was mentioned on the coverage multiple times that SA had a deep talent pool, and that clubs that passed are likely going to approach some of the SA talent to move States.

There is. Teams with an available list spot can try to convince undrafted players to sign with them.

It was mentioned on the coverage multiple times that SA had a deep talent pool, and that clubs that passed are likely going to approach some of the SA talent to move States.
We know how well recruiting SA talent has gone for us... just look at this seasons sign and trade period where we had a massive chunk of stars stolen by PA.

I am not whinging, I am standing up for my club and our girls.
When the AFLW started, we (the Lions) knew that Gold Coast would be joining in 4 years time, and that we’d likely lose most of the GC girls to the Suns.

Most of our fans were pragmatic about that.

If you’re signing girls from interstate, you have to expect most of those girls to head home if the opportunity exists.

AFLW is not at the level yet where most girls can earn a solid income, without needing an off season job.

I’m genuinely surprised there was no discussion here when you started drafting SA and NSW girls, about expansion in a couple of years.

When the AFLW started, we (the Lions) knew that Gold Coast would be joining in 4 years time, and that we’d likely lose most of the GC girls to the Suns.

Most of our fans were pragmatic about that.

If you’re signing girls from interstate, you have to expect most of those girls to head home if the opportunity exists.

AFLW is not at the level yet where most girls can earn a solid income, without needing an off season job.

I’m genuinely surprised there was no discussion here when you started drafting SA and NSW girls, about expansion in a couple of years
When we came in, Port Adelaide had no intention on having an AFLW side as they were focusing on China.

Are you 100% sure on that?

2018. Port talking about eventually joining AFLW. Already have their girls academy in place.

It was always on the cards.

We know how well recruiting SA talent has gone for us... just look at this seasons sign and trade period where we had a massive chunk of stars stolen by PA.

I'm not right up there with the machinations of AFLW, and I know you "bleed red and yellow" but why would you use the word "stolen" when describing the Suns players heading to Port......just curious!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not right up there with the machinations of AFLW, and I know you "bleed red and yellow" but why would you use the word "stolen" when describing the Suns players heading to Port......just curious!
Didn’t the Suns skip on drafting them last year?

So they were free agents and able to sign where ever they wanted.

Hardly stolen. More like not wanted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back