Women's Footy AFLW state of origin

Remove this Banner Ad

The women's league should bring back the state of origin?
Thoughts
I assume it's because there's a womens SOO origin game in Sydney tonight on FTA.

I actually think it's a great idea. The semi-professional comp and the short season mean the blocks for a men's SOO comp aren't necessarily there.
It would promote the womens game big time and give the players a unique opportunity to create a tradition.

Still likely NSW team would struggle a bit, but that's a fair price to pay for the marketing. It's feasible womens footy could lead in NSW in numbers as it grows here and nationally, and in time we should be competitive.

They did have the All stars against Victoria last time. Was a horrid game to watch as the Victorian women are just that much better, was an absolute slaughter.

I assume it's because there's a womens SOO origin game in Sydney tonight on FTA.

I actually think it's a great idea. The semi-professional comp and the short season mean the blocks for a men's SOO comp aren't necessarily there.
It would promote the womens game big time and give the players a unique opportunity to create a tradition.

Still likely NSW team would struggle a bit, but that's a fair price to pay for the marketing. It's feasible womens footy could lead in NSW in numbers as it grows here and nationally, and in time we should be competitive.
I admit its where I got the idea from
It would work wouldnt It?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sick of state of origin talk.

I dont care for my state, I care for my club.

I'm not cheering on some random SA kid to hit Gray. Fk that.

No idea why Women's league benefits either.

Sick of state of origin talk.

I dont care for my state, I care for my club.

I'm not cheering on some random SA kid to hit Gray. Fk that.

No idea why Women's league benefits either.
This is the problem with the SoO concept in AFL. There isn't passion for the team, not like in the NRL. Until people (players included) care for their state team enough that they are willing to accept injuries from it, it won't ever take off again.

In the Woman's game, same thing applies but to a lesser extent due to shorter season. However, I'm not sure the women could field competitive teams from each state.

It's Saturday night.

Relax. Enjoy yourself.
Move on from the past.

I'm not cheering against Wines, Boak and Gray and 3/4 of the Port team.

Nor will Crows enjoy watching Rory in a big V.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back