Stocka

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 19, 2002
Richmond
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
It seems now, in most public service industries (medical, education, law enforcement, etc.), that the slightest mistake, or failure to deliver, is followed up by a law suit.

Is it right that a doctor should be sued when they get it wrong?

What about a teacher, if they make an error, which causes injury to a student, or perhaps just that the student doesn't learn in their class?

I'm not talking about where the person has been totally negligent, but rather, where a slight omission, or circumstances out of a person's control, or perhaps just unfortunate circumstances (ie: events conspriring, etc.), or maybe the individual just stuffed up (without being negligent) are reasons to 'blame' for the occurence.

More and more these days, I think younger people are veering away from particular jobs based on the over-bearing responsibilities that society is tending to place upon them.

Being a student to eventually be employed in one of these industries myself, it concerns me to an extent, that while I am looking forward to holding this occupation, I could also face career and financially threatening action, if I happen to get it wrong, perhaps even if it wasn't entirely my fault.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back