Alan Didak vs Mark LeCras

Which one?

• Didak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Can't split them

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There is no way you can say Didak's kicking is better than LeCras' even if Didak's is still pretty good, like was said above you are pretty much guaranteed a goal any shot from LeCras within the 50 from everywhere other than right on the boundary, especially when not under much pressure.
Didak's set shots are superb as well. Didak's kicking around the ground and in the midfield (far far harder to spot up a target than it is taking a set shot) is proven elite. LeCras' is not proven to be elite there yet.

Didak's creativity and ability to spot up targets inside the 50 is currently ahead of LeCras'.

I think didak would be slightly ahead if he didnt go missing in the big games.

LeCras has been able to produce when all odds are against.

Collingwood tend to over rate most of their list , its the reason they have only won 1 flag in 50+ years.

I'm surprised you don't know Didak given his continual ownership of Essendon defenders on Anzac Day & even moreso given he was BOG the last time the 2 sides met. I would hate such a player too if he did that to my side.

See, why the hell would you bring Essendon into this?

Ok. BOG as in not receiving a Brownlow vote? Or receiving the 3rd highest votes from The Age?

Ownership of Essendon Defenders on ANZAC Day meaning receiving 2 Brownlow Votes from 7 games? He has gotten 99 possessions from 7 games against Essendon on ANZAC Day at an average of 14 possessions a game. He has also kicked 13 goals on ANZAC Day against us in 7 games. That is an average of just under 2 goals a game.

If you think that is continual ownership, you are kidding yourself.

I hate to break it to you, but 13 goals in 7 games is most definitely more than 'under a goal a game'.

Didak is an AA and LeCras isnt. Lecras had his best season this year but i believe Didak when he played his best he was alot better then Lecras at his best. I dont know how people would think Lecras is better then Didak

Ok. BOG as in not receiving a Brownlow vote? Or receiving the 3rd highest votes from The Age?

Didak got 36 disposals & was the clear BOG. I don't think Brownlow votes is the best guide to use. Please don't say you use an umpires opinion to vaildate your claim.

Ownership of Essendon Defenders on ANZAC Day meaning receiving 2 Brownlow Votes from 7 games?

Again, you're displaying your lack of knowledge, Brownlow votes?

In 04, Didak kicked 3 goals, had 20 disposals, sat on Welshes face & kicked a Daicos rolling goal.
In 06 Didak kicked 4 goals & was the difference b/w the 2 sides in the last 1/4.
In 07, Didak played his first game back from a knee reco, had no match fitness, kicked 3 & toyed with Slattery.
In 08, Didak moving into the midfield, got 25 disposals & again toyed with Slattery.

He has also kicked 13 goals on ANZAC Day against us in 7 games. That is an average of just under a goal a game.

Less time on FIFA, more time on calculator.

I'm still waiting for your "consistency" call, given Didak gained 23 or more disposals in 15 of the 19 games he played in 09'

First off, stop talking s**t.

Didak gained 23 or more disposals in 12 of the 20 games he played.

The other 8 games he had 22,18,13,19,17,19,13 and 19 disposals.

Please note, this was with Didak taking a midfield role for the majority of the season, whilst rotating forward.

He kicked goals in 11 of his 20 games played, finishing up with 20 goals and 12 behinds for the season.

Didak had an accuracy of 62.5%.

Now onto LeCras.

LeCras played 21 games for the season. Kicking multiple goals in 18 of them. Now, I don't know about you, but for somebody playing as a small forward/lead-up/3rd tall option in the Eagles forward line, that is a bloody good effort. Also on 11 occasions, he kicked 3+ goals.

LeCras finished up with 58 goals and 26 behinds.

LeCras had an accuracy rating of 69%.

They are two different players, and I have compared them on arguably, their best season each, both being this year.

That a bit easier for you, champ?

ahhh, give me LeCras any day of the week, even though it sounds like he will play more midfield I would take a guy who kicks 50 goals over a guy who doesnt

Like The octopus said, it's incredible what a dislike for a player as a person can do.

When people start condescendingly calling other people 'champ', it's obvious they're losing it tbh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are two different players, and I have compared them on arguably, their best season each, both being this year.

2009 was Lecras best season to date, yet no AA jumper.

2009 was Alan Didak's best "statistical season to date", where he became a more rounded midfielder.

2006 was actually Didak's best season to date (minus the improved stats) where he won AA honours.

And getting an AA jumper means what exactly??

Does not come into it (especially considering he should have been AA this year;)).

Should've, could've, would've....

Fact is, he wasn't selected. That's not a crack at Lecras but alot of players can stake claim to that type of thinking.

My point was 2009 wasn't Didak's best overall season in response to another poster. It just got everyone talking and noticing about the fact that he was more consistent, his stats increased and he added another weapon to his bow, which subsequently, got him into the extended squad for AA.

At the end of the day, Didak is in elite company, particularly as one of the best HFF or "high half-forwards" in the comp. Didak, SJ and Chappy are the best in that role. Could add the Porpoise too. Lecras could be but as it stands, Didak is clearly the superior player.

Why mention the AA nom at all.

Neither would I say "clearly".

It is a silly comparison, with both players having an edge in certain respects.

Is Didak the better player at the moment, in some respects yes. Will LeCras overtake him? This is no slight on Didak, but yes I think so.

Though each have their own unique style of play, I think LeCras will end up doing what probably only Stevie J and Chapman do at the moment, which is both have a solid impact in the midfield game by game and still kick as many goals as some permanent forwards.

LeCras last 5 games of the season where he moved into the midfield for probably a majority of game time he averaged over 20 possessions and about 3 goals and 4.2 goals contributed.

This was higher than his season average. He is very neat in the way he plays and has quite a unique ability to kick consistent goals no matter how few his opportunities. Give him virtually no chances and he will manufacture 4 odd shots on goal for a match and likely kick 3.

Who is currently the better player? When they have finished their career who will have been better?

Edit: The poll is for who you would want in your team for the next 5 years.

Seems you started asking the question, and adjusted it three times until you were satisfied it was phrased in a way advantageous to LeCras...

For that, I voted Didak.

Back