Oppo Camp Alex Fasolo

Remove this Banner Ad

Had some high hopes for Fas, once upon a time, just didn't work out. My hopes for him at Carlton won't be quite as grandiose, but otherwise all the best to him.

Will he make Carlton a better team? Not so much. Will he make them a better looking team? Most definitely.

IF he can get AFL Game at Carlton

He'll get games at Carlton.

Fas is the type of guy free agency was made for.
Still AFL quality but pushed out of our 22 because of other talent and that his gameplay doesn't really fit our current style.

Im glad he gets this chance and wish him all the best and see little reason why he cant go back to being a 20-30goal player (or more if healthy) and have another 3-5years as an AFL player.
Enjoy your time at the Blues Fas - and I'd even be happy to see him kick a bag against us (as long as we still win by 10 goals)

And a 3rd round pick sounds about right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Part of me is saying I should be hating him now that he's a Carlton player.

But this feels nothing like the Dale Thomas trade at all.

Just unfortunately have found a few better than him at the moment here at the pies and I genuinely wish him all the best at Carlton, hope he absolutely tears it up.
There definitely won't be any shortage of opportunities for game time at Carlton like there is at the pies.

Let's not forget the depression he has battled as well, I hope he is at a stage mentally right now where he can give himself the best opportunities possible in 2019.

Thanks for the memories Fas.
8 years has flown by

Sad, but a good move for all really. We've gone past him, but he has something to offer an AFL team. I thought he'd really be somethibg special for a while, but he's just an average player really.

Really only room for one of Jamie or Fas to come back into the current fwd setup and I think most would agree Jamie gets the nod over Fas. I will miss him a little though as the he was a bit of a favourite with my kids when he was up and about

Wish Faz all the best, was a fan favourite early in the piece and did play some very good footy at times. Shame he went to the scum but, he'd definitely run his race at Collingwood and I expect them to get as much out of Faz as they did Peter McKenna, Micky McGuane, Dale Thomas and Mick Matlhouse!

Goodbye Fa-Solo

May the force be with you.

:(

Good luck?

I wish him nothing but misfortune.

#sidebyside

Lay off it.

He's a guy who's fallen well out of our rotation and would've been honestly told that was very little chance to get afl games with us next year. He's also a guy who wanted to stay at Collingwood last season when there was rumored to be some trade interest from WA.

He has every right to seek to continue/restart his AFL career elsewhere, and even if you hate Carlton, there is no reason to wish misfortune on Fas.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back