All-Australian 2020 - Eagles players

Who will be named in the All Australian team (best 22)

• Josh Kennedy

• Jack Darling

• Tim Kelly

• Liam Ryan

• Nic Naitanui

• Jeremy McGovern

• Brad Sheppard

• Tom Barrass

• Shannon Hurn

• Andrew Gaff

• Luke Shuey

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy for Shep and Nic Nat, but stoked for Ryan. He was arguably our best player in the hub and he's only gotten better. Takes the game on, is kicking straighter and his coverage of the ground is ridiculous for a guy who came back looking a bit pudgy.

Unlucky for Butler or Papley, there shouldn't be that many midfielders crammed into forward line, but if there's only going to be one small forward, Ryan deserves it. I thought the others got found out a bit as the season went on. Teams started treating them with more respect and the goals dried up. You can't shut down Ryan, he's a weapon in so many different ways.

Ryan for a second rounder, what a bargain. 🥳

AA is so disappointing. There are guys that generally deserve a spot and get it. Then they make the team a farce by including rubbish favourites every year and in spots they dont play. Feel for the small forwards that missed out this year.

Honestly could not give a hoot about the other teams - they nailed the ruck, back pocket and forward pocket. Wing maybe a bit iffy. 😉

Dangerfield is equal first for most AA's and yet I can't really think of a player thats been handed more AA's than him. Literally

Don't have to look far - J Selwood.

Dusty would probably kick 50 as a full time forward and is undeniably one of most damaging players in footy.

But is the All Australian squad “here is a list of the best 22 players in the league” or is it “here is a list, of who had the best season in each position.”

For me it should be the latter.

Dusty’s actually not even the one I have too much of a problem with given he does spend large stretches of game forward. Fyfe would have been a better choice than Danger or Bont if the criteria is players who did the best work in a forward role. Better still would be, you know, some forwards.
agree as I said Danger and Bont selection in the forward line is utter garbage.

On SM-A205YN using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apart from a dodgy call with Dangerflog as captain, my only real criticisms on the make up of the team was with Gawn and Guthrie.

B: Brad Sheppard, Harris Andrews, Luke Ryan
HB: Nick Haynes, Darcy Moore, Darcy Byrne-Jones
C: Jack Macrae, Travis Boak (vc), Cam Guthrie
HF: Patrick Dangerfield (c), Charlie Dixon, Marcus Bontempelli
F: Liam Ryan, Tom Hawkins, Dustin Martin
FOLL: Nic Naitanui, Christian Petracca, Lachie Neale
I/C: Jack Steele, Taylor Adams, Caleb Daniel, Max Gawn

I would say go with one of the KPP as a chop out ruck for NicNat and how much longer do we choose an inside mid for the outside wing. Fair enough if they are balanced but Guthrie is not an outside player. I thought Gaff, McCluggage or Duncan would have been better options. Surely the selectors are not as stupid as the Melbourne selectors who fail to bring in enough outside polish!

I'm most thankful that Maynard didn't make it. Now he can spend time not-thinking about not making AA instead of not-thinking about not getting a free kick for a hold off the ball.

Last edited:
Back