All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bandido is so good, great match with Danielson.

I see Willie Mack impressed with his performance on Elevation and is getting a rematch on Rampage with Brian Cage. I remember them two having a classic in Lucha Underground as well.

There was plenty of mentions of Jay Briscoe on Dynamite-- both the arm bands, but also multiple mentions by the commentators.

It was more than what needed to be done considering Jay wasn't an AEW wrestler.

No 10 bell salute. No video package. It seemed like wrestlers were just doing their own things, and Excalibur did the same at the end.

AEW basically did nothing other than the graphic.

No 10 bell salute. No video package. It seemed like wrestlers were just doing their own things, and Excalibur did the same at the end.

Considering Jay Briscoe has never wrestled for AEW I think it was an appropriate level of tribute shown.

There’s an entire tribute show that was filmed afterwards that TK flew talent in to participate in.

It’s less about “Warner not liking Briscoe” & remembering that Briscoe never wrestled for AEW. How many times has an organisation done a 10 bell salute for someone who’s not from their company?

You’re acting like AEW doesn’t own ROH…

It’s like saying if a person from NXT passed away they shouldn’t be acknowledged on Raw.

One of the English yt channels said Warner Brothers stopped a Brody Lee type tribute show
Same reason WB banned the Briscoes from any AEW shows

Briscoe never wrestled in AEW proper and was best known for slagging off gays. What do you expect?

A tweet from over 10 years ago which was deleted rather quickly. A tweet that they have profusely apologised for repeatedly. Everyone makes mistakes, so time to move on.

So rather hypocritical of Time Warner Discovery to be Maintaining a working relationship with Dana White after assaulting his wife, while banning the Brisco’s from a 10 year old deleted tweet.

A tweet from over 10 years ago which was deleted rather quickly. A tweet that they have profusely apologised for repeatedly. Everyone makes mistakes, so time to move on.

So rather hypocritical of Time Warner Discovery to be Maintaining a working relationship with Dana White after assaulting his wife, while banning the Brisco’s from a 10 year old deleted tweet.

At the end of the day TK created (from all reports an excellent) tribute show to Jay Briscoe yesterday that will be available on HonorClub & YouTube soon. AEW did had a tribute to Jay to open the show, plus multiple tributes throughout the show. While their may not have been a full video package or a 10-bell salute-- Jay wasn't an AEW talent, he was an ROH talent.

Complaining that there wasn't "enough" of a tribute yesterday on less than 24 hours notice is ridiculous .

Without going right down the rabbit hole surely this is consistent with most deaths with wrestling companies? If they're an active wrestler on your show there's usually a tribute show, a previous wrestler of your company a montage or something or otherwise its often a graphic.

Without going right down the rabbit hole surely this is consistent with most deaths with wrestling companies? If they're an active wrestler on your show there's usually a tribute show, a previous wrestler of your company a montage or something or otherwise its often a graphic.
Active or not is irrelevant. TK very much wanted to be using them in AEW and wanted to do more as tribute for Jay this week. But was disallowed by Discovery/Warner. Is pathetic and ridiculous on the side of DT but that's the situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Active or not is irrelevant. TK very much wanted to be using them in AEW and wanted to do more as tribute for Jay this week. But was disallowed by Discovery/Warner. Is pathetic and ridiculous on the side of DT but that's the situation.

TV networks are terrified of the woke brigade. Not because they'll lose much if any viewers but because of the advertising which is hilarious when you look into the history of the majority of large companies..

TV networks are terrified of the woke brigade. Not because they'll lose much if any viewers but because of the advertising which is hilarious when you look into the history of the majority of large companies..

Unfortunately this is what society has become. Its neither progressive or enlightened. It just creates more prejudice and resentment and suppresses individualism by trying to force conformism by telling people on how to think and act.

It is a gutless decision by T/D, but as you said a necessary one.

They had acknowledgments at the start and the end of the show, they spoke about him on air and pretty much every match had people wearing armbands to acknowledge him.

Considering he wasn't an AEW wrestler and had never appeared on air, this seems like more than any wrestling show would have done before?

How is it that they manage to spoil their own results every 2-3 weeks?

They spend today talking about Andretti & Starks vs Jericho and… Garcia if he wins, Guevara if Andretti wins.

Then they tell us that the match is Andretti/Starks vs Le Sex Gods before the main event.

How is it that they manage to spoil their own results every 2-3 weeks?

They spend today talking about Andretti & Starks vs Jericho and… Garcia if he wins, Guevara if Andretti wins.

Then they tell us that the match is Andretti/Starks vs Le Sex Gods before the main event.
wasn't it already announced as Andretti/Starks vs Le Sex Gods on Dynamite, with the above stipulations to come on Rampage? feels like you're nit picking?

744c2a646c331a8aaf5cc85ca2da1068.jpg

I can’t wait for this. The women’s division is about to blow up and become a really big deal with this “originals vs blow ins” feud.

I think we’re heading for a women’s Blood & Guts.

Jaymie, Britt, Shida, Willow (Riho?)
vs
Saraya, Toni, Ruby, Athena, ?

It could end up just being a 4 on 4, cos I don’t think Riho is critical, and there isn’t an obvious 5th for the heel side unless they can sign Monè.

I think you probably have the heels win it with Britt turning on Hayter.

Jade in the mix as an original?

EDIT: Thunder Rosa or Nyla Rose too, I guess.

It could potentially make the random Nyla/Vicky blow ups make sense - Vicky and Marina :sick: on the heel side with Nyla on the babyface side?

I think that's a tough sell though. You're already flipping the entire top end of the women's division, I think it gets more difficult including women who aren't at the very top and who need more investment for us to care about. It's why I think they'd be better off doing 4 on 4 with the 8 women that are really obvious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back