Fantasy Alpha Dynasty 2012 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking to do some tradeing, especially with my draft picks.

I have picks - 5, 6, 18 and 21 that are all good value.
I want either a starting RB or to somehow get a top 3 pick, so anyone with an early pick looking to trade down gimme a shoutout.

Also on the block: Alex Smith, Steve Breaston, Josh Freeman, Mike Thomas, Zach Miller, Tim Hightower, Pierre Garcon. Anyone on D and any of my other in between players.

Re: Alpha Dynasty 2011 - Discussion (2)

Looking to do some tradeing, especially with my draft picks.

I have picks - 5, 6, 18 and 21 that are all good value.
I want either a starting RB or to somehow get a top 3 pick, so anyone with an early pick looking to trade down gimme a shoutout.

Also on the block: Alex Smith, Steve Breaston, Josh Freeman, Mike Thomas, Zach Miller, Tim Hightower, Pierre Garcon. Anyone on D and any of my other in between players.
Gimme Garcon. Dont have an RB for ya (well maybe Greene/Bradshaw) but i'm sure you could get one for Jordy....

I doubt we'll get any trades through this early, but looking to nab the first or second overall... :p
Is Barkley staying at USC for another year?

Is Barkley staying at USC for another year?

Yes and Landry Jones should be too if he knows whats good for him.

Its likely that they'll be 3 QBs in the next draft potentially starting right out of the gate - Luck, RGIII and Ryan Tannehill. After that, the rest of the draftable QBs are all pretty flawed

Re: Alpha Dynasty 2011 - Discussion

Testing the waters - what trade currency do the following have?
Rodgers, Flynn, ADP, Fitz.
Fitz and Rodgers would probably be unbuy-able given their respective cost. No one would bother probably.

ADP probably cheaper than worth, but depends on who you get biting in regards to what they think about his injury.

Flynn probably similar to Kolb last year. Not that impressed with Flynn tbh but you knew he was going to get a starting job SOME time. He'll be going to a much worse team as a first time 27 year old starter. Best you can expect would be Schaub like output (Which isn't that impressive given how much he was hyped post-trade). Someone will give you something decent though.

yeah picks 1 and 2 are going to be very very expensive.;)
I see a clear top 3. Blackmon, Luck and Richardson. I assume your top 2 is Richardson and Luck?
Shame Barkley isnt in this draft.

Flynn is average IMO. 6 TD's vs a secondary that didnt seem to care in a meaningless week 17 game will have inflated his value too much anyway.
Would much prefer Kolb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It hasn't been touched for 4 seasons tho. Things COULD be improved here and there.

Not wanting a huge debate over it, just asking politely and if enough people want to discuss then ok, but not gonna push. Just a quick ask.
And simply quickly replying is all ;)

Found it...

What's new in 2012

WHAT IS NEW FOR ESPN FANTASY FOOTBALL IN 2012?
Each and every year ESPN strives to offer the best player experience in fantasy games. 2012 Fantasy Football is no exception. We have listened to your feedback from last season and have made the following enhancements for this season:

New (free) Standard League Options:

D/ST Scoring will now include "Yards Against". This season, in addition to the scoring metric of "Points Allowed", ESPN will offer the "Yards Against" setting as a default. Picking the right defense takes research. There is much to know regarding how a defense scores points in Fantasy Football. "Yards Against" is one of these metrics to take into account when drafting or selecting a Defense for your active roster. This metric represents the "yards per game that a defense will allow (versus the run and the pass)." Default Yards Against will be as follows: Under 100 yards = 5 points, 101 to 199 yards = 3 points, 200 to 299 yards = 2 points, 300 to 349 yards = 0 points, 350 to 399 yards= -1 point, 400 to 449 yards = -3 points, 450 to 499 yards = -5 points, 500 to 549 yards = -6 points and 550+ yards = -7 points.

New Standard League "Points Allowed" default values in place for D/ST. These new default values can be found in the Standard League Scoring Settings when creating a league, as well as the Rules page for Standard League Scoring Settings.

New League Manager (LM) League/Custom League Options:

The addition of an RB/WR/TE Flex Slot . This "flex" position can be filled by any one Running Back, Wide Receiver or Tight End.
Fractional Scoring. Because in football, every yard matters! For example, in the case of a Running Back, each rushing yard will net your fantasy team 0.1 points. So if Frank Gore runs for 95 rushing yards, he will earn you 9.5 points (instead of rounding off to 9 points, as we have done in prior seasons). Each receiving yard will net your fantasy team 0.1 points, or 1 point for every 10 yards. Passing yards in the standard scoring system are worth 0.04 points, or 1 point for every 25 yards. Negative yards will also apply. So if a Running Back loses 5 yards, 0.5 points will be deducted from that player's point accumulation. Note that these are defaults settings. In the custom league game and LM game, the League Creator or League Manager can change these point values.

Fantasy League Participation Limits:

Participants in ESPN Fantasy Games can create/join a maximum of 10 Standard Free Leagues.
Participants in ESPN Fantasy Games can create/join a maximum of 10 ESPN Custom Leagues. If a participant also plays in Standard Free Leagues, the COMBINED total cannot exceed 10 (example: a team owner participates in four ESPN Standard Free leagues and six ESPN Custom Leagues).
There is no limit to the number of Standard Prize-Eligible Leagues a participant can join or create.
The 10 team maximum cap also applies to LM teams (so it falls in the same category as ESPN Standard Free Leagues and ESPN Custom Leagues).

Hey guys had a little trouble with the system because Kiwi had changed classification - in other words they didn't let me move Kiwi out of the DL spot because I had too many other LBers but I couldn't just drop Worilds either because I had an ineligible player at DL (Kiwi). In other words, I had to drop Kiwi, but didn't plan to, so when he becomes available again (After waivers) I'm going to re-add him.

System still sorta sucks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back