Other American Football - Broadcast info NFL/NCAA

Remove this Banner Ad

Madden often struck gold in his ramblings. The ending of the Vikes-Giants game reminded me of one of his quotes, that was always in the Madden games, something like "How do you expect to get a first down if you throw it short of the sticks"
The old generation commentators, all passed away now, in American sports, English soccer, and when i watch youtube of old NRL/AFL/cricket, etc, they always had a style, journalistic words and phrases that have become iconic now. Today's commentators all want to yell excitedly about everything and constantly mention every players name, like theyre calling a horse race, not letting the game breathe a little, just the crowd noise sometimes or the sounds on the field.

FvsrJBTakAMueeN

Free agent QB Matt Ryan announced he will be joining CBS for the 2023 season, but says he is not retiring.​

Just days before his 38th birthday, Ryan tweeted his intent to join CBS for the upcoming season. While he insisted this was not a retirement post, it's possible the league has already moved on from Ryan. Ryan's lone season with the Colts couldn't have gone much worse, as he ate 38 sacks in 12 games while throwing for 3057-14-13. Being benched twice in favor of Sam Ehlinger and/or Nick Foles only added to Ryan's down season, but it was clear he was a far cry from the player he once was. Concerns over Ryan's declining arm strength likely resulted in little interest on the open market after the Colts cut ties with him in mid-March. If this is indeed the end for Ryan, he would walk away ranking ninth in career touchdown passes (381) and seventh in career passing yards (62,792). His 2016 MVP season was overshadowed by a loss in Super Bowl LI after his team jumped out to a 28-3 lead, but the 14 years of stability he provided the Falcons at the quarterback position, and multiple 10+ win seasons are worthy of recognition.

How the hell is Booger not one of the first to get let go is beyond me.
Only one i am sad to see go is McShay.

Yeah. McShay is the only real loss. He was a bit pretentious as at draft analysis at times [but that might of been more to be like Kiper] but was a good field reporter on CFB.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just an interesting tidbit…starting from this week 7mate is no loneger available on Foxtel so can’t record the early games. Obviously I can watch the shithole channel on FTA but makes it harder to record. Odd move

Still on mine. not that i ever watch it. but i think i have one of the FTA cables in the back. which might be why the HD channel is there but SD is greyed out.
Weird I can watch actually and seem to record but comes up greyed out on foxtel channel list and then a lock appears under channel

Attachments

• IMG_4770.jpeg
    IMG_4770.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 17
Just an interesting tidbit…starting from this week 7mate is no loneger available on Foxtel so can’t record the early games. Obviously I can watch the shithole channel on FTA but makes it harder to record. Odd move
Internet delivered Foxtel has all the FTA channels through your antenna connected to the box. Although some stations can be setup for streaming directly through them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back