Universal Love ANB, Stretch, O-Mac and Grievous Bodily Harmes

Remove this Banner Ad

Brayshaw and Petracca in the middle will make a big difference. Angus looked the part against their giants and CP is the next size up muscle wise.

I understand but its the depth we need to increase and no be one height .. We seem to have a number of player of similar height.

I was just looking for a point of difference, we don't need many but adding a couple of 191 - 193 would be great (with the body type, endurance etc)

I understand but its the depth we need to increase and no be one height .. We seem to have a number of player of similar height.

I was just looking for a point of difference, we don't need many but adding a couple of 191 - 193 would be great (with the body type, endurance etc)
Unfortunately they don't grow on trees. Bontempelli looked like a huge risk by the Dogs when they took him at 4 too. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it looked dicey at the time. I agree with your point though and think that Viney will struggle due to his size. To me, if and when we become a strong side he would be a depth mid, with his main role being a pressure forward.

Without seeing any of them...ANB because we desperately need big bodied midfielders to come on and be at least solid AFL players. Exciting first game at Casey by the sounds.

Unfortunately they don't grow on trees. Bontempelli looked like a huge risk by the Dogs when they took him at 4 too. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but it looked dicey at the time. I agree with your point though and think that Viney will struggle due to his size. To me, if and when we become a strong side he would be a depth mid, with his main role being a pressure forward.

Very much doubt Viney will ever struggle due to his size as not only is he strong over the ball and will get stronger, but his agility is excellent. He will need to work on his kicking though because he will get more outside ball.

Although like most people I have list love for all our player and hard to take of rose coloured glasses BUT

most of our kids are around the 180cm which is fine but when compared to our clubs I feel we should be looking to draft some monster mids like Freo I am not saying we need 10 but we need at least 3 on our list.

You compare Viney @ 178cm and 80kg to a Freo mid and he is giving away at least 12 cm and 10 kg its at lot at the coal face.

I know they don't grow on tree but look at the impact of the big body of Vandenberg and he wont be a rookie next year.

Wish Watts had the AV heart but I feel its something the list needs.

I reckon this has been identified by Roos and co and the inclusions of Tyson, Brayshaw, Petracca and vandenBerg are the beginning of trying to turn that situation around. A couple more years of spud turnover and our midfield will be much more powerful.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back