Anderson thinks ask for pick is cheeky...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't. But I am not perennially negative.

The team is arsed, look at the results. Either give us a PP or scrap the system.

It will be traded for an experienced player regardless, so don't give me any ******* nonsense about development.

Agreed

Should be given with the provision it's on traded

Agreed

Not even required. Roos has already come out and said all picks are on the trade table. Obviously the PP would be first to go!

Agreed

Disagree with this. By forcing it to be traded, you devalue the trade options. Other clubs would know that we can't use it and would be forced into a deal.

Of course, if multiple clubs are bidding, this is a moot point.

When does anyone deserve a priority pick? It's not like they hand them out for being a well-run club. Based on performance we're entitled to one. We sucked last year, we're even worse this year, and previous draft picks and not being convicted of tanking don't have anything to do with it. It's now a discretionary decision for the AFL to make, but if they don't give one to us now then no one gets one short of a winless season or three.

Unless the coach / plane the players are on explodes, there's no deserving criteria for dishing out priority picks. We are a shambles and should take any leg up we can get, so who gives one what the rest of the comp thinks, we'll take the pick, preferably a top 3. As for having to trade it, stuff that, it could devalue the pick so better to have it to use as we see fit.

When does anyone deserve a priority pick? It's not like they hand them out for being a well-run club.

HzrBSxt.jpg

I don't think we should get one. The list is ordinary but has some potential and is only a part of why we have been so s**t. The main problem IMO is that the club has been run incompetently for a while. Richmond would never have got out of where they were if Brendan Gale didn't come in and start running things properly. If we get good people in place ala Jackson and Roos and we still suck this bad next year then I think we need one. I'll take it if they give it to us though.

Disagree with this. By forcing it to be traded, you devalue the trade options. Other clubs would know that we can't use it and would be forced into a deal.

Of course, if multiple clubs are bidding, this is a moot point.

I see it the opposite

A frenzy of clubs wanting it

Didn't hinder GWS trading mini draft picks

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I the only person who thinks this is absolutely ludicrous. Found not guilty, but ultimately guilty of tanking, and fined $500,000. Then later given money by AFL, and potentially another high draft pick. Every other club is well within their right to be outraged if the AFL gives us this pick, which isn't really a pick, but a premium, A-grade midfielder of the competition. I don't know, maybe I'm too proud of a supporter, but I don't want a petty pick to help us get out of the trouble we put ourselves in. We've got got a great coach, and some games into plenty of young talents, we've still got a truckload of money in our salary, i'm sure we can chase a gun with the money that players like Flash were on, we're only going to trade the pick anyway, and it will be given to a team who is already near the top of the ladder, and then we'll probably complain about that.

Am I the only person who thinks this is absolutely ludicrous. Found not guilty, but ultimately guilty of tanking, and fined $500,000. Then later given money by AFL, and potentially another high draft pick. Every other club is well within their right to be outraged if the AFL gives us this pick, which isn't really a pick, but a premium, A-grade midfielder of the competition. I don't know, maybe I'm too proud of a supporter, but I don't want a petty pick to help us get out of the trouble we put ourselves in. We've got got a great coach, and some games into plenty of young talents, we've still got a truckload of money in our salary, i'm sure we can chase a gun with the money that players like Flash were on, we're only going to trade the pick anyway, and it will be given to a team who is already near the top of the ladder, and then we'll probably complain about that.

Clubs know we can get someone with it, they werent making this much fuss when roos wasnt on board

That may be the case, but it still doesn't mean we deserve it.

newbold doesnt think we deserve the money, we are being hated again after being truly irrelevant for so long, all their hate is happening at once

I find it ludicrous that a club can get fined $500,000 for not being guilty of tanking.

I find it ludicrous that a club can get fined $500,000 for not being guilty of tanking.
Exactly. And also, what does that have to do with whether or not we 'deserve' a pick anyway? 'Did' the 'crime' and paid our fine. If we win 2 games next year will it be acceptable for us to get one then? Screw what anyone else thinks I say.

It was a fine to shut up the media and the other clubs.

Non-Melbourne supporters carry on as if Melbourne was Geelong 2007 and actually had the ability to decide when to win and lose. Melbourne was a disgrace and clearly a 4-win side.

I see it the opposite

A frenzy of clubs wanting it

Didn't hinder GWS trading mini draft picks

That's pretty much my point.

P1 or P3 = lots of demand from other clubs therefore ok to place a requirement to trade

Start of second round pick or lower = nowhere near as much demand therefore not ok to require trading

That's pretty much my point.

P1 or P3 = lots of demand from other clubs therefore ok to place a requirement to trade

Start of second round pick or lower = nowhere near as much demand therefore not ok to require trading

Yeah my point was only if it's a high pick

You know what makes my blood boil the most out of all this though?!
That Andrew Newbold thinks he has the right to come out and say its ridiculous that Melbourne have asked the AFL if we can have a PP, when he won a premiership and made finals through PP's he seems to forget that this years Coleman medallist Jarryd Roughhead and Luke Hodge were gained via the priority pick he didn't care when it was them who were the same as us back in the day but now its us he has completely forgotten they got them from PP's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back