Anderson thinks ask for pick is cheeky...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There isn't an established club out there that wouldn't make the request if they ended up on 2 wins and 50 odd %.

Prior history is irrelevant. Anderson is taking licence here to be a smart-arse.

There isn't an established club out there that wouldn't make the request if they ended up on 2 wins and 50 odd %.

Prior history is irrelevant. Anderson is taking licence here to be a smart-arse.

and yet he is getting prob paid for it... is he on centrelink or has someone hired him?

and yet he is getting prob paid for it... is he on centrelink or has someone hired him?
Probably on Newstart.

The irony is that Anderson was probably one of the architects of this new dumb-arse application system.

In order for the club to seek clarification of where it lays wrt a PP it has no other option than to apply for it. Once they apply they get tarnished by everyone as if they are suggesting they deserve a PP when that is not necessarily the case.

Anderson? Who's that? This guy?

ef3b4_1109104.jpg

Probably on Newstart.

The irony is that Anderson was probably one of the architects of this new dumb-arse application system.

In order for the club to seek clarification of where it lays wrt a PP it has no other option than to apply for it. Once they apply they get tarnished by everyone as if they are suggesting they deserve a PP when that is not necessarily the case.

I was happy when he resigned (bullshit he was sacked)

I thought we would never hear from him again :/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I have said on the MB, we were historically bad in 2013.

If you go through the wooden spooners in 22 game seasons, our results this year would have had us win the spoon in all but around 6 of them.

I am confident that the AFL will see sense here.

IMO we don't deserve it. But I'm not an idiot; It'd be very handy to get.

Journos, Clubs and Supporters whinging about us getting it won't make the AFL's decision for them.

Plus, the timeline of a news cycle means by Christmas it won't be in the media and eventually forgotten by most.

The priority pick system should not be used to punish us (by not granting a pick) on the basis that we wasted our other high picks and the not tanking saga, and therefore we don't 'deserve' it.

If the system is used to push this type of agenda then it should be scrapped, otherwise it becomes a redundant mechanism that's only purpose is to tease really poorly managed teams that they might get access to an additional equalisation measure.

If you take that agenda away (which is being pushed by everyone else except us), then I agree with Peter Jackon, looking at our results over the past 7 years we have a bloody good argument to get a priority pick, particuarly given our worst result in that period occurred this year.

You're kidding yourself if you think giving us one is questionable at best.

I mean of course I won't say no but if it wasn't my club I probably wouldn't want a pick to be given out either.

Hutchy was very confident on FC last night that we wouldn't get a PP.
I don't like our chances either. The AFL will cave on this one. I won't cry about it though, we just move on.

I won't. But I am not perennially negative.

The team is arsed, look at the results. Either give us a PP or scrap the system.

It will be traded for an experienced player regardless, so don't give me any ******* nonsense about development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back