Anderson thinks ask for pick is cheeky...

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what makes my blood boil the most out of all this though?!
That Andrew Newbold thinks he has the right to come out and say its ridiculous that Melbourne have asked the AFL if we can have a PP, when he won a premiership and made finals through PP's he seems to forget that this years Coleman medallist Jarryd Roughhead and Luke Hodge were gained via the priority pick he didn't care when it was them who were the same as us back in the day but now its us he has completely forgotten they got them from PP's.
* Newbold too :)

Newbold really grinds my gears. He is trying to 1up Jeff.

Jeff was a moron too :) the only thing wrong with Hawthorn is that they can never get a half decent president who doesn't think he is the best thing since Jesus.

Only dreams now

I had weird dream last night. I went to an American style steakhouse and sat down for a meal. I ordered a drink, then I woke up in the owners house strung upside down. I soon realized I was about to be cooked up. They were cannibals. Then I proper woke up.

WHAT THE * DOES THAT MEAN???

I had weird dream last night. I went to an American style steakhouse and sat down for a meal. I ordered a drink, then I woke up in the owners house strung upside down. I soon realized I was about to be cooked up. They were cannibals. Then I proper woke up.

WHAT THE **** DOES THAT MEAN???

When you go out for tea next, choose the chicken

OK, just my two bobs worth, Andersons a knob no doubt, but as an ex AFL employee he was asked a question and he replied, just as you or i would. If we get the PP im happy and wont knock it back..... i do think we are cheeky buggers for asking for it though..lmao.

OK, just my two bobs worth, Andersons a knob no doubt, but as an ex AFL employee he was asked a question and he replied, just as you or i would. If we get the PP im happy and wont knock it back..... i do think we are cheeky buggers for asking for it though..lmao.

Not sure how we're being cheeky. Given the state the club is in, it'd be poor management not to make a submission. These are the new rules and we're doing what's in our best interest. We all wanted smart and competent people running the club, and this is the smart and competent thing to do in this situation, whether it's cheeky, undeserved, a downright farce and travesty that will ruin lives and potentially tear a hole in the fabric of the universe yada yada yada and so on. Onwards and upwards.

I wont be.

I am however embarrassed for the club in its current state.

The priority pick is a product of its current state. If you're embarrassed by the current state, you're embarrassed by the priority pick.

"I'm totally embarrassed by my behaviour. I am not embarrassed for the consequences as an outcome of that behaviour."

Doesn't make sense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My opinion the whole time has been that I hope you guys get it, after the last 3 seasons you guys have had, if you don't get it then what exactly is it for?

That said if you do get it then everyone will just say that the AFL is the only reason you guys will be successful.

It's a really hard one.

Hawthorn should stay out of it though, PP's are basically the basis of their success over the last 7 seasons.

The fact of the matter should be that we must surely fill the criteria to qualify for one. Regardless of what has previously happened that should be the be all and end all. If we don't get one then the whole pp idea needs to be scrapped. I don't care whether we get one or not but if we don't it needs to be abolished.

The priority pick is a product of its current state. If you're embarrassed by the current state, you're embarrassed by the priority pick.

"I'm totally embarrassed by my behaviour. I am not embarrassed for the consequences as an outcome of that behaviour."

Doesn't make sense.

Reductive. If the club was an entity that could speak, it might say that, but why would the current regime be embarrassed about asking for a priority pick to help sort out the mess Schwab, Neeld, Bailey, etc left behind?

That said if you do get it then everyone will just say that the AFL is the only reason you guys will be successful.

Yes they will, but if we have some success, I will not give a flying *.

My opinion the whole time has been that I hope you guys get it, after the last 3 seasons you guys have had, if you don't get it then what exactly is it for?

It's a really hard one.

Hawthorn should stay out of it though, PP's are basically the basis of their success over the last 7 seasons.
I haven't heard that said a lot about Collingwood and Hawthorn.

In a bizarre twist the AFL Commission has determined that Melbourne is due a priority pick, and as a result of Hawthorn President Andrew Newbold's comments, they have decided that Jarryd Roughhead and Luke Hodge be re-assigned to the the MFC. In return Hawthorn will be given Melbourne's 3rd and 4th round picks.

All this vitriol over a Priority Pick that this club needs, coming from someone who in the end was the bloke whose main role was to go out and get the Coffee's and Donuts for Vlad.

Think we will receive a PP. Just a matter of where it is allocated:-

a. Mini Draft - Have to trade pick 1. Seems the AFL like mini drafts lately - Possible
b. Pick 1 overall - Unlikely, due to GWS still in trouble.
c. Pick 3 after our Pick 2 - Yes, if the AFL are really serious about improving results next year.
d. Pick that would have been Essendon's pick - Pick 9. Just before GWS comp pick 10. Will be this one.
e. End of first round - Unlikely. Do not remember any club receiving a PP there.

Not sure if the AFL can adjust the PSD, and provide pick 1 to us there.

Think we will receive a PP. Just a matter of where it is allocated:-

a. Mini Draft - Have to trade pick 1. Seems the AFL like mini drafts lately - Possible
b. Pick 1 overall - Unlikely, due to GWS still in trouble.
c. Pick 3 after our Pick 2 - Yes, if the AFL are really serious about improving results next year.
d. Pick that would have been Essendon's pick - Pick 9. Just before GWS comp pick 10. Will be this one.
e. End of first round - Unlikely. Do not remember any club receiving a PP there.

Not sure if the AFL can adjust the PSD, and provide pick 1 to us there.

Sam blease , Luke shuey etc every team was awarded one of these for one season of 4and a half wins or less

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back