Andrew Jarman... potential Adelaide Crows Coach?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Crow!

Club Legend
Jul 31, 2004
Darwin
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Crows
I have read with interest amongst the many threads about the coaching position for Adelaide in 2005 and beyond.

The obvious candidates have been bandied about... current incumbant Neil Craig, Terry Wallace, Rodney Eade... perhaps even an assistant such as Gary O'Donnell or Mark Harvey.

I think everyone is overlooking a potential coach on our very own doorstep... Andrew Jarman.

I believe Andrew Jarman is currently coaching in the SANFL (which club?). He has coaching experience.

I think it is about time that we appoint 'one of our own'... a former player.

He has media savvy... which is a current requirement in the modern football industry.

He has a brilliant football brain, as evidenced by his playing days (won a Magarey Medal), and media articles.

He is flamboyant, willing to take a risk, and attacking... I think his gameplan would suit Adelaide.

I really think we need to think outside of the square, not appoint another Victorian, get someone out of left-field.

What do you think?

I would love that appointment!

What he has done at North this year is amazing!

I dont think he is ready this year and it may take a few years but i think over time he will prove to be a great coach. He allows his players to enjoy playing and when they are doing that it will show on the scoreboard.

He is a larrikin, but i hope that doesnt go against him, he has a great football brain, love to see it!

MaccasNeighbour, apart from the emphatic "NO!", what reasons would you have that would be against Andrew Jarman as being a potential coach of the Crows!

Elevate Darren Jarman to full assistant coach, and imaging the Jars bros. working together to plot Crows victories!

If not Andrew Jarman, which former player do you see as a future potential coach of the Crows?

He needs to produce over a longer time before he should be considered. And as well as he has done with a struggling team he should probably also prove that he can produce with a good team. Remember Robert Shaw?

I think next time around would be a more realistic aim for Jarman.

tatts00, how is Andew Jarman going with North Adelaide this year?

Do they have a winning record? What sort of style is he coaching?

North last year were a shambles not sure how many games they won but i think it might of been 3 or something, and they finished last or second last.

This year they have a 9-6 record and are right in the mix for the finals.

Be interesting to see how he goes over the next couple of years.

Originally posted by Mr Crow!
Tyson20, what does John Reid have against Andrew Jarman?!?

other way around...AJ's angst against JR stems back to 96 when he told AJ he was no longer required! Blighty was in Melb and AJ demanded that Blight tell him not JR, the meeting ended in a few harsh words, and my understanding is that JR and Jars havent really spoke properly since!

Well, maybe this time it is John Reid's time to leave the Crows!

Pity about the whole 1996 thing... but after all, you really can't complain, as we did win the flag in 1997!

However, I still think Andrew Jarman had a few more years left in him... would have loved to see him play more than 1 year with Darren Jarman at the Crows.

I don't know iff he has the experience required to coach an AFL side. However, in one of the threads I have said that I would like both Andrew Jarman and Shaun Rehn at the club as assistant coaches.

They both have been doing exceptional jobs for their respective clubs and I think in the long run both would make exceptional coaches IMHO.

Is Shaun Rehn coaching a SANFL team... which club?

Is Sean Rehn on speaking terms with the Adelaide Crows.

Firstly, I was disappointed that he left the Crows to go to Hawthorn.

Secondly, I was VERY disappointed that he tried to sue the Crows for his knee injuries... actually, what was the outcome of those law suits?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Has Shaun Rehn been successfull? Has he shown any innovation whilst coaching?

He coached them to the Grand Final last year - you'd probably have to ask on the regional boards about his actual style and innovation though.

How long as Shaun Rehn coached West Adelaide?

Out of Adelaide's former players, who do you think would be most likely to coach us in the future?

I think a coach would come out of this list of players:

Andrew Jarman
Darren Jarman
Chris McDermott
Shaun Rehn
Matthew Liptak

YES... Matthew Liptak... he was a great player, and isn't he a Doctor... so obviously he has intelligence!

How long as Shaun Rehn coached West Adelaide?

Out of Adelaide's former players, who do you think would be most likely to coach us in the future?

I think a coach would come out of this list of players:

Andrew Jarman
Darren Jarman
Chris McDermott
Shaun Rehn
Matthew Liptak

YES... Matthew Liptak... he was a great player, and isn't he a Doctor... so obviously he has intelligence!

Darren Jarman - no!
Andrew Jarman - not senior, but some role possible!
Chris McDermott - NO!
Shaun Rehn - See Andrew Jarman
Matthew Liptak - no!

I can see Rehn maybe, but he has a long way to go yet!

Rehn is in his second year of coaching i think at Westies.

Mcdermott had a run coaching North and he they were shocking, and he ended up being sacked.

Yeah liptak is a doctor so you can write that one off.

D Jarman is the forward coach at Adelaide and from a source there i heard he isnt all that crash hot there, but thats just the opinion of one person.

A Jarman is the most likely though but i cant see it happening for at least a few years yet.

I just don't think we should be put off by the Tim Watson enigma, the experiment at St. Kilda... sometimes you just have to take a chance. In my opinion, Wallace, Eade and co are hasbeens...

In my opinion, Wallace, Eade and co are hasbeens...

But by that reckoning Matthews and Blight were 'hasbeens' before they took over at Brisbane and Adelaide...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back