Andrew Jarman... potential Adelaide Crows Coach?!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rehn has been coaching for almost two seasons now.

The fact that he is suing the club would not help his cause to be a coach at AFC. It was good to see him at last weeks parade tho.

I've stated several times that he needs to be at West for a few years to rid them of their inconsistant nature. If he could do that, he would have done a helluva job.

It seems with a less talented squad this year, he's been shown up a bit.

Against Centrals a few weeks ago he played a very negative, slow type of game. He wanted to keep the ball from the Dogs. It looked like Wests just wanted to contain us and not win it for themselves. Very frustrating to watch.

I read in the paper today that's he's happy his team had a go yesterday. Score Roosters 93, West 50. West's only managed one goal after half time, so they cant be going that hard at it.

As for Jarman, Rooster fans love him. I think he needs a few years there to really show what he can do.

I will never take my surgeonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
There's no way in hell Liptak would coach, he's operated on me twice in the past two years, and last time I saw him he said he was of to the RAH, so I think he's way out of the question...
Then other you've mentioned, yeah they are doing ok in the SANFL but I don't see them at the Crows as yet :)

Andrew Jarman's North play a pretty aggressive, attacking brand of football, might not win a flag but it's great to watch. As a Sturt man, I went to see us play North earlier this year, it was a total shootout, we lost, but it was 21 goals to 17 so as a spectator, I didn't have a lot to complain about.

I am glad that Andrew Jarman has remained attacking... is he flamboyant in his coaching style?

Has anyone been able to hear his quarter time speeches?

What is stopping them now? Why do you have to place time limits on these things? I think the more unconventional, the better at the moment, given where we are in the current state of things.

For example... look at Kevin Sheedy. Was he EVER an assistant coach? And if so, it must of been for only a year or two. Initially Essendon must have taken a big risk on him.

Adelaide needs to do the same.

Originally posted by Mr Crow!
For example... look at Kevin Sheedy. Was he EVER an assistant coach? And if so, it must of been for only a year or two. Initially Essendon must have taken a big risk on him.

Adelaide needs to do the same.
You are forgeting one thing. When Sheeds took over the bombers footy was no where near as professional or demanding in terms of time as it is now.

IMHO, possible coaching candidates must have some experience behind them if they want to take on the head coaching job with an AFL club.

Preferably it would have to be someone who has been a head coach in lower competitions like SANFL or VFL and also have some experience as an assistant at AFL level.

AFL is too big a business nowdays to take a punt on someone completely inexperienced.

I am glad that Andrew Jarman has remained attacking... is he flamboyant in his coaching style?

Has anyone been able to hear his quarter time speeches?

From Round 1:

Pre Game -

"I don't want to see anyone liarising and trying to kick around corners. Only two players could do that. Me and my brother."

3/4 time -

"If you don't do something that excites me this 1/4 I'm getting in my car and going home."

Jars has done unbelievable job at North Adelaide this year and there is no doubt what so ever he will be a successful coach in the SANFL. Whether or not that would transfer to success at AFL level - who knows? I think he needs 5 maybe 10 years at North Adelaide just to get his grounding.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who was that guy that coached Fitzroy for a few years... from SA, I think he used to coach North Adelaide... Mike Nunan - is that is name? Is he still coaching?

Who was that guy that coached Fitzroy for a few years... from SA, I think he used to coach North Adelaide... Mike Nunan - is that is name? Is he still coaching?
Yeah, Mike Nunan. Think he is now "coaching" horses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back