Rumour Andrew McLeod to have knee surgery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Alex99

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 9, 2004
AFL Club
Adelaide
Ralph on 5AA this afternoon suggested that Andrew McLeod will have knee surgery after this week’s game so he didn’t disrupt any celebrations for Tyson Edwards’s retirement game.

Anyone know any more.

wtf, how can he play on a knee that needs surgery.
maybe he's been getting by with injections and fluid draining. hope it doesn't put him out too long...i'm thinking, that if and whatever surgery it is, it might put him out for a few weeks, and so if it's done after the Freo game, then he should be right for after the mid-season break. either way, he probably won't reach 350 this year.

I'm betting he has a cyst like last year that needs draining and probably the usual dust and clean. He had a knock to it the game before last and you will notice he was much quieter against the Saints.

Well there was a cyst hanging off of him, and wearing a St Kilda jumper with #10 on it.

has there been a year in the last 3 or 4 when he hasn't had an arthroscope, drain or something else. his knee has required constant maintenance for ages. hopefully he gets through ok. if he retires, there's no chance of forcing out burton or doughty. we need the champ to go around again. hopefully a full recovery, and a nice hff/pocket/bench/wing possy for next year.

has there been a year in the last 3 or 4 when he hasn't had an arthroscope, drain or something else. his knee has required constant maintenance for ages. hopefully he gets through ok. if he retires, there's no chance of forcing out burton or doughty. we need the champ to go around again. hopefully a full recovery, and a nice hff/pocket/bench/wing possy for next year.
Burton is gone no matter what happens with McLeod (and I'm 99% certain he'll retire at the end of the season). Doughty's future is probably in his own hands.

Burton is gone no matter what happens with McLeod (and I'm 99% certain he'll retire at the end of the season). Doughty's future is probably in his own hands.

Pretty decent assessment of the situation there, but I do think that we're less likely to keep Doughty if Macca plays on. Won't be the deciding factor but it will play a part.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My predicitions are that if the surgery occurs, then Macca will return later in the season and play out the last few games and then retire with Goody in Round 22. Shame not to see him get to 350 though if this is the case.

I wished I was as sure as you are Vader that Burton wont play next year I am scared he will get another gig.
If Macca thinks his body will be ok I am fine for him to try another year if gets through this one ok but hate to see him go like Edwards.
Doughty although not a great year has improved slightly over last few weeks I believe it will be not only down to form season end but who else we lose in experience i.e. Thompson or Bock , Johncock or Vince even.

Last night on the 5AA sports Show, Graham Cornes implied that Steven Trigg announced in a media release that the decision to play on next year would be up to Andrew McLeod and Brett Burton and not the club.

I didn’t see anything on the news services last night or any articles today but did channel 9 News have something from Steven Trigg?

If this is true, some will not be happy and it’s a serious case of the tail wagging the dog.

On Channel 9 News last night they showed Trigg saying something similar to what you have said above.

On Channel 9 News last night they showed Trigg saying something similar to what you have said above.

Disappointing comments because i get the feeling we will see minimal changes to the squad. At this point i can only see Goodwin, Edwards and maybe Hentschel along with an underperforming younger player will be delisted.

4 more years! 4 more years!

...Sorry I am still getting over helping out on the 2004 George W Bush presidential campaign.

i doubt there's a crows supporter on this site that won't be tipping freo this week. i doubt there's much need to worry.

Speak for yourself :)

I have tipped the crows, they will put a win on the board for Edwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back