Rumour Andrew McLeod to have knee surgery.

Remove this Banner Ad

I was never confident he would make the 350 in Round 22 once finals we out of the picture :( Shame. Would love for him to get himself right and go another year haha

Would be absolutely ridiculous if Burton plays on...the goldest of gold passes. I'd rather he got gifted a forward line coaching gig than clogging up the list/team.

We have plenty of talls, and the young talls need development time. Why bother with Burton?

McLeod is the only over 30 who should even have a chance of playing on, and to be honest i think he should get back from this injury, do an Edwards and have a farewell game at some stage before the end of the year.

McLeod mentioned to Fitzy tonight on 5AA that he expected to be out for 4-5 weeks. Hope he does play on next year if he still has the fire in the belly as has been the best of the veterans.

I mentioned last year that I wished the club retired 2/4 veterans & my preference was for Edwards (as was slowing down) & Burton (given injury & would keep out Walker).

Next year, with Goodwin/Edwards (retired), Burton/Hentschel (should retire), there is no problem for Macca to continue to offer some experience.

Poor bloke can hardly walk anymore on those knees. I hope like hell he can get over his current injury and push well into next year, the guy is an absolute star. Just make him ride the bike all summer, do swimming and then stick him in a forward pocket or deep forward flank for all of next year :)

Macca is a legend, but you cant seriously want him to play on. Do you want to see what happened to Edwards happen to Macca? Age catches up with everyone, let him finish with form. The lead was set by Goody, Macca should follow it.

Macca is a legend, but you cant seriously want him to play on. Do you want to see what happened to Edwards happen to Macca? Age catches up with everyone, let him finish with form. The lead was set by Goody, Macca should follow it.

It's a bit of yes and a bit of no. Everyone would love to see him get his 350 games... perhaps more than he would!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back