Dan Cooper

Victory Salute
Sep 26, 2013
Red Corner
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Boxing
This fight was finally all set after so many false starts and then Mundine's burst eardrum derailed it again.

Mundine has received the all-clear on his ear and yet no new date has not been set, and their doesn't appear to be any certainty the match-up will go ahead.

Not sure where it leaves Mundine?

Perhaps there is a motive for all that recent social media hot air between Mundine and Danny Green?

Austin Trout vs Anthony Mundine looks set to go for Mid August

http://boxing-kingdom.blogspot.com.au/2015/06/june-news-is-ggg-fighting-delahoya.html

"Both camps are just waiting on a TV date to be released by Al Haymon. Will this be for the full WBC title? Well there is a good chance. Mayweather has already requested an extension of 1 month with the WBO before he decides if his September farewell fight will be for the full title or if he will relinquish the belt. I assume he will make a decision on both the WBO and WBC at the same time which will be mid July. Potentially giving Trout vs Mundine, 6 weeks notice if this is for the full title. It should be, as it’s an intriguing match up".

Mundine trying to get a buzz for this fight but its not working to well

Mundine trying to get a buzz for this fight but its not working to well

It has been a long drawn out saga. Trout's management have tried in vain to get Mundine in the ring with Trout for a few years now. Then, when it finally looks all set to go, Mundine has the ear problem and the fight is postponed.

If it ever happens it could be a good scrap.

Still no news on Mundine vs Trout getting re-made. Meanwhile Dan Rafael reports Julian Williams is looking to step up a division and has his eye on Austin Trout first up >

Junior middleweight Julian "J Rock" Williams (20-0-1, 12 KOs), who was very impressive taking apart Arman Ovsepyan over six one-sided rounds on Saturday night, has been promised a higher-profile fight by adviser Al Haymon come September and he knows who he wants to fight: former junior middleweight titleholder Austin Trout. "I got the knockout [against Ovsepyan] and I'm ready for the next stage of my career," Williams said. "I am calling out the entire division, but I'd like to start with Austin Trout".

It has been a long drawn out saga. Trout's management have tried in vain to get Mundine in the ring with Trout for a few years now. Then, when it finally looks all set to go, Mundine has the ear problem and the fight is postponed.

If it ever happens it could be a good scrap.

If Mundine had have taken that fight when they first wanted it and won impressively that could have really given him a name over in the US. I've always thought Mundine could be marketed over there, especially with his 911 comments and whatever else he'd choose to say. I'm just assuming he didn't think he'd win and that now he's after one more US payday and then he'll come back and try to fight Green again, no idea how they could do it with the disparity in their weights now though.

If Mundine had have taken that fight when they first wanted it and won impressively that could have really given him a name over in the US. I've always thought Mundine could be marketed over there, especially with his 911 comments and whatever else he'd choose to say. I'm just assuming he didn't think he'd win and that now he's after one more US payday and then he'll come back and try to fight Green again, no idea how they could do it with the disparity in their weights now though.

When Khoder Nasser was managing Mundine he always opted for the route that posed least threat. Mundine's crowd pulling power at the time was such that they'd make a packet anyway.

Trout was just another fork in the road where team Mundine chose the easier path. Yes, Trout wanted to be paid more than they were prepared to offer. But he also held the title at the time and would have been a fool to settle for such a small portion of what the fight would have turned over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back