Anyone else sick of massive game updates?

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawker_85

Team Captain
Sep 28, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Granted, Gears of War 4 has been out for a while. I just threw it in my XBONE for the first time, it tells me it needs a 50 GB update. I hit start anyway, thought I might get away with playing single player campaign. During the intro credits it cuts back to the menu screen and tells me it now needs an 87.5 GB update. Are you ******* kidding me. I'm off to play my N64.

Granted, Gears of War 4 has been out for a while. I just threw it in my XBONE for the first time, it tells me it needs a 50 GB update. I hit start anyway, thought I might get away with playing single player campaign. During the intro credits it cuts back to the menu screen and tells me it now needs an 87.5 GB update. Are you ******* kidding me. I'm off to play my N64.
That's just plain stupid. 87 GB, what's it doing, creating 3 entirely new games.

nope just adding a few little shitty touches to older maps:drunk:,
every month there's a 2-7 gb update for this bloody game,so annoying when you just want to have a quick bash then that s**t comes up
Play with no internet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's gotten out of hand

Developers don't seem to bother compressing anything anymore

If you think it's bad now I wouldn't recommend rushing into 4K anything

i suppose you could if it works - as majority will have latest update it'll match you up with no one. Ridiculous you'd think offline campaign wouldn't need update but it freakin does

I put the xbone into offline mode but still no dice. Bloody outrageous. Also, to add insult to injury, the entire first act of GOW 4 is very "meh."

yeah im kinda the same with the campaign,maybe 3 acts in ,as frustrating as multiplayer is i just keep going back to the damn thing

If you set your system up to auto update it's not even an issue.

Online games will always have updates to improve performance or to drop content.
The biggest gripe would have to be day 1 patches because games are shipped without being ready.

I'm just going to hang out here while my update finishes and my time to play seeps away. Who wants to chat?

Bought a preowned BF1 on the PS4 yesterday on the cheap and was looking forward to smashing out some online last night and the 25 gig update is still downloading today. It's ridiculous.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Got NBA 2k18 for birthday present last week.. put it in. Started it. And the prompt come up for update. Did it. 3 gigs. Oh goody.
180 minutes to download. Wtf?! My internet was at 4.5 mbps.

Einstein's formula =
Update + Australian internet = absolute frustration -> gaming controls high probability of breaking.

But can imagine past games that would be beautiful if had regular updates.
GTA: San Andreas with bug fixes and graphic updates- OMFG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back