Unofficial Preview Anyway ... Cats vs Swannies for the big one 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know if there is going to be a Grand Final watch party at Kardinia Park on the big day? Having missed out on ballots in the past, one of the best days of my life was the 2007 GF watching the game on the ground with my Dad and thousands of my new best mates :)

Hoping to do the same with my son this time around!

:)
Noticed the family day Sunday is at st Mary’s so I’d guess no watching on KP
Probably preparing for t20 World Cup

The Swans are one of my most hated teams. A loss here would be beyond words.
Let’s hope we get the job done.
Papley replicating N.Davis heroics would be a bitter pill to swallow. It's nice to go into a GF without worrying about all our holes/limitations (2020 was a nightmare for me) anyway. But every GF loss hurts the same no matter the expectation I think. 2020 still stung badly even though Tigers had the better side.

After last seasons heartbreak I cannot for one believe how the squad has rebounded this season. We were broken after the dees game but to witness this has been some thing else.Especially during a time where the last two years have been pure s**t and terrible for all of us.

The last two years shattered my heart. It *ed my health physically and emotionally. Geelong are bringing the life back in me and smile to my face. Win or lose, I’m so proud of this club. I smiled so bright. Bring it home boys, I love this club so much

This is absolutely beautiful, and I think true for so many of us. Thank you for so eloquently saying what so many of us have been feeling this year.

This club truly is something else. From revamping everything from the ground up, to changing some of the toxic elements of a segmented coaching structure (no more Misfits or Wolfpack just a united 22), to bringing in a kid on his knees in Stengle - and reviving his career and seeing him blossom beyond our wildest dreams.

This season has just been such a joy and has highlighted just how special this club and its people and supporters are. We are all so lucky and win or lose, this club is the epitomization of good culture and community spirit.

We are one. We are Geelong. Go Cats!!

Hill (Not So) Wayward is dangerous too. And their mids all join those attacks when ball hits the deck. It's not an easy line up to defend against when they're winning clearances. MUST apply serious heat at the coal face and run back hard from stoppage if we lose it.
100% - I watch them and they seem very organized/sharp in the middle of the ground... especially when there is a loose ball to be won.

That smaller SCG would suit them much more than the bigger MCG (hopefully).

Not that it matters now... But I look back at their r23 effort verse St Kilda at Marvel when Sydney needed to win by around 40/50 points to earn 2nd position/a home first final against the Dees... I noticed that before the game and thought that St Kilda should get thumped because Sydney would not be holding back and going for the big win.

Anyway, they got up by 14 points... It means nothing and it's not even at the G... But I'll hang my hat on that being a positive for us.

Papley replicating N.Davis heroics would be a bitter pill to swallow. It's nice to go into a GF without worrying about all our holes/limitations (2020 was a nightmare for me) anyway. But every GF loss hurts the same no matter the expectation I think. 2020 still stung badly even though Tigers had the better side.
Or Buddy.
The arrogance in that team is off the charts.
But yes every GF loss is brutal.

An epoch ago I went to South Melbourne to watch the Cats v the Swans. Billy Goggin played a great game and kicked a few goals, but Bobby Skilton kicked 8 and the Swans won. I also saw Larry Donohue kick 9 at that ground and it may even have been the same game, but I'm not quite sure.

Yep playing Sydney they have always been a team that fights like hell, at any ground size this GF will be like 09 got to go for 4qts.....you are dreaming if you don't think this will be true
The McCartin brothers really gave us a clinic in round 2.

Obviously, a lot of failed forward attacks are more to do with midfield attack than forwards being beaten (unless it’s Moore or SDK).

Here’s to spreading them far apart on the ground so that they have no chance to help each other.

A grand final loss is always devastating and cats fans know this feeling well.
But I feel the opposite, swans are one of the few other teams I like. I was starting to dread the thought of having to play the pies and potentially put up with their fans all week, at the game and for a whole summer.

Noticed the family day Sunday is at st Mary’s so I’d guess no watching on KP
Probably preparing for t20 World Cup
Oh wow I didn’t pick that up, if we were lucky enough to win I was going to come to the family day. Having it at St.Mary’s oval is not really the same as being at KP.

A grand final loss is always devastating and cats fans know this feeling well.
But I feel the opposite, swans are one of the few other teams I like. I was starting to dread the thought of having to play the pies and potentially put up with their fans all week, at the game and for a whole summer.
The 2005 semi and 2016 prelim still aggravates me.
Add that and a heap of young, cocky arrogant players and it’s not a great mix.

But yes if Collingwood got up yesterday the week would have been challenging.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An epoch ago I went to South Melbourne to watch the Cats v the Swans. Billy Goggin played a great game and kicked a few goals, but Bobby Skilton kicked 8 and the Swans won. I also saw Larry Donohue kick 9 at that ground and it may even have been the same game, but I'm not quite sure.
Goggin and Skilton would have been finished before Larry came along.

I'm struggling with the same thing - Sydney have burned us every time I've watched us play them in finals. 2005 - I literally cried after that game. The pain was deep. Then in 2016, throwing the game away in the first ten minutes was just so gutting. Seeing it happen again would really hurt.
The slow-start Cats are dead and buried now, so I'm confident we wont just come out and get jumped. But Christ I'll still be nervous about it.

Now that Reid is out (probably) SDK to Buddy? Seems to be the one with height and weight to take him on. I think Henry had Buddy for a large part of the 1,000 goal game and that did not go well.

Now that Reid is out (probably) SDK to Buddy? Seems to be the one with height and weight to take him on. I think Henry had Buddy for a large part of the 1,000 goal game and that did not go well.
It’ll be a key match up, I agree with others don’t want to get sucked in to Buddy’s mind games. Pies were too focused on getting physical.
Dekoning usually plays close to goals not sure how he’s go chasing Buddy up the field.

I was thinking Henry but you’re right he struggled in that game.
Could Kolo take the job? I think he has the fitness and strength to compete.
I think with Buddy and Papley it’s not just the goals but the other things they do that pumps up the team.

We need to have a good balance of being hard at the player and ball without getting sucked into their antics.

-Buddy
-Papley
-Academy

I can keep going if you like?
more-kylo-ren.gif

The Swans brigade of young mids will be our main challenge; and of course Parker and Heeney have burnt us at times too.

Parfitt may help here - if Max doesn't get up - but he's not in the same class as the Swans mids. Having said that, it wouldn't amaze me if Menegola is selected - except for pace he's more like Holmes in being able to get up and down the ground and kick long and deep.

Anyway I'm hoping Holmes can emulate that other Max - and Stevie of course - and get up for the game. I'm confident he'll be named on Thursday night anyway.

It is about time our two great clubs met in the big dance.

Both classy organisations run by classy individuals. The two best teams of the year by a long, long way.

The fact this is a Hawthorn supporter's worst nightmare GF pair is delicious.

Chef's kiss to the Footy Gods. What a season. What a finals series.

One more to go, boys.

You've made us proud all season.

Let us all enjoy this week and the incredible emotions it inspires in even the coldest of hearts.

It's a special time to wear the blue and white hoops.

Grand final morning the sporting globe in geelong is running a breakfast event. Featuring Ablett jnr and Stokes, would be a good way to start the day if you’re in Geelong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back