Unofficial Preview Anyway ... Cats vs Swannies for the big one 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was a great result for us, the Swans were cooked, and just got over the line, the belief that the pies would have got out of last night’s win would have given them an even greater shot in the arm.

Sydney were desperately relieved, and we know we can outrun the pies, this is a sure sign we can put the swans to the sword with a heat they can’t handle.

Good to see that rumour shut down. He could play this week.

Will be interesting to see if we decide early in the week who replaces max if he isnt fit or if we leave it til saturday morning (after we have seen the weather for the day etc).

One thing that 💩 me is hearing that Sydney will be tired and sore after tonight's game as it was a hard game...
We're talking about a professional athletes here, who has the best doctors, medicos, dietitians that is there job to get them to peak performance.... they will be fuel up and ready to go for the Grand Final
Yep playing Sydney they have always been a team that fights like hell, at any ground size this GF will be like 09 got to go for 4qts.....you are dreaming if you don't think this will be true

Will be interesting to see if we decide early in the week who replaces max if he isnt fit or if we leave it til saturday morning (after we have seen the weather for the day etc).

I think both - the player who will be coming in for Holmes if he doesn't prove his fitness will know very early in the week. But Holmes will be given until the day to prove it.

Yep playing Sydney they have always been a team that fights like hell, at any ground size this GF will be like 09 got to go for 4qts.....you are dreaming if you don't think this will be true
Anything could be true. A close battle is most likely but neither team have proved bullet proof. On GF day we or they could still crack, easily.

I think both - the player who will be coming in for Holmes if he doesn't prove his fitness will know very early in the week. But Holmes will be given until the day to prove it.

Fair point and we might tell the player on tuesday but just not tell the public.

Buddy will come out like he's been on ice in the first 20 minutes weather that storm don't get sucked in to his bullshit it's designed to to put you off your game and fire up his team Ignore it and he has little else these days.Cats comfortably in the end.

Yep said on the non geelong thread during the game that there is a big chance he goes out swinging Alistair Lynch style. I'm not going to run with the c word, no not that one, as he is still capable of some good play here and there but he is pretty close to it.

Keeping Heeney and Papley quiet will be the key.

Yeah I reckon the latter. Both very different players aren't they and the weather could determine who. Parfitt will be praying for rain and Menegola a dry one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone know if there is going to be a Grand Final watch party at Kardinia Park on the big day? Having missed out on ballots in the past, one of the best days of my life was the 2007 GF watching the game on the ground with my Dad and thousands of my new best mates :)

Hoping to do the same with my son this time around!

:)

I'm expecting to play the Sydney that turned up first half against Collingwood and in their full game Vs Melbourne. I don't think we'll be lucky enough to face the rabble that played out the finish to the Pies match.

For this reason it's a rare opponent this year that I have genuine concerns about Geelong facing. Even moreso than a fired up Collingwood at the G in the QF.

Sydney have bursts where they can pile on goals with chaos balls, messy packs and lightning smalls to get the crumbs. That surge football if they get on top in the middle poses a serious threat. If you don't take the game on like Collingwood did in the last quarter, they can set up very well to suffocate you too. Their pressure is often elite so in many ways they have the approach to match us.

It really is close to a 50/50 game this time. Maybe 60/40 Geelong at most. The Cats have more weapons and a more comprehensive defence but Swans are potent through the middle, with ability to catch fire at any moment.

Should be a fantastic battle.

Sent this to my bro in law before yesterdays game.
Not that I should be hoping misfortune to others... But I just can't help it when a GF is on the line.

Anyway, I feel Reid is super Dangerous floating forward for them, He really extends high and plucks grabs with fully extended arms.
If he is out or playing hurt, I feel we should be able to intercept plenty of their entries.
We won't let Buddy take some of the strong grabs he took yesterday and Logan McDonald doesn't look seasoned enough as a tall.

Henney & Paps are still a worry though.

Screen Shot 2022-09-18 at 9.31.15 am.png

Sent this to my bro in law before yesterdays game.
Not that I should be hoping misfortune to others... But I just can't help it when a GF is on the line.

Anyway, I feel Reid is super Dangerous floating forward for them, He really extends high and plucks grabs with fully extended arms.
If he is out or playing hurt, I feel we should be able to intercept plenty of their entries.
We won't let Buddy take some of the strong grabs he took yesterday and Logan McDonald doesn't look seasoned enough as a tall.

Henney & Paps are still a worry though.

View attachment 1511283
Hill (Not So) Wayward is dangerous too. And their mids all join those attacks when ball hits the deck. It's not an easy line up to defend against when they're winning clearances. MUST apply serious heat at the coal face and run back hard from stoppage if we lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back